1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone keeping their S3 as a "go light" swapper phone? (Assuming it can be done.)

I guess I should ask first, as I am referring back to my GSM SIM days long ago. Back in those dark days with AT&T , I had a Nokia E71 and N85 (the E71 to this day is one of the best built phones I have ever owned) and I would just pop my SIM card in whatever phone I felt like for that day or time of day and go.

Can you do this with Verizon SIMs and not have to call CS?

I would like to have my S3 and N2 be setup as nearly identical as they can (apps and UI items), allowing for the N2's special capabilities of course.

I would love to be able to swap phones with by just moving my SIM card to the phone I felt like using without involving a call to customer service.

I am using Nova Prime launcher. I plan on using the backup/restore option via dropbox/email myself/beam etc etc to keep both phones looking the same whenever I make a change.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Anyone keeping their S3 as a "go light" swapper phone? (Assuming it can be done.)

Far as I know as long as the SIM cards are the same size drop it in and go
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Anyone keeping their S3 as a "go light" swapper phone? (Assuming it can be done.)

I used to do this with my OG Incredible and Incredible 2 but the original has been acting funny ever since the latest update so will set up the note 2 as identically as i can with incred 2.

The Nottinator

Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you want to swap devices, you can do it online via your Verizon account page. You select the phone you what to swap, enter the new IMEI number of the other device, and you're good to go. I do it all the time between my wife's S3 and her Iturd.

Unless you are overseas, you won't be using the SIM anyway - it will be based on the IMEI number.

Just dial *228 from the phone you want to activate then the phone number you want to use and that's it.

The Nottinator

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

4g phones just require the sim swap, and the system automatically updates the IMEI. 3g you can do *228

I've got a Sim card in the incredible 2. Any way i can i can swap with the note 2?

The Nottinator
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    I've got a Sim card in the incredible 2. Any way i can i can swap with the note 2?

The Nottinator
    I didn't think the Dinc2 was LTE. I had to trade my standard 4G sim for a micro-sim coming from the Rezound -> Galaxy Nexus and that one works and is currently living in my SGS3.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

From what I understand, with a 4G SIM, you can just pop it in the new device and it will activate it with same phone number in a few mins