Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Default Obsessed

I am checking this forum and Google literally ever hour at the very least for anything related to the Note 2. I get obsessed with new electronic releases and follow them to all ends of the internet like a crazy person searching for everything I can find on it. I am one of those people that goes to the Verizon store 3-4 hours early for their new phone and I wait in line for new video game consoles sometimes for 2-3 days!!

Call me crazy or what have you but I thoroughly enjoy being an early innovator and having the newest technology first!

Its a lot of fun for me digging around finding information and reading reviews and such. I believe this time around though I will actually be ordering online for the first time but I am worried that I may not get the phone on launch day. What is your experience as far as new phone arrival when ordering online?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt-Note 2 soon!!

Default Re: Obsessed

I don't care much to be the early adopter, I prefer to have others play the role of Guinea pig. That way I can get real world feedback and make my decision from there.

As to ordering online, I've only done it once. It arrived before the official launch in the store.
    Dr. Droidberg likes this.

Global Posts
    4,536 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Nah, I'm not an early adapter......I'm a self confessed phone *****. If a new device comes out, I get it.

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've never done a pre-order or purchased my phones online. More times than not you'll receive your phone a day ahead of launch.

It's rare I do the standing in line thing but for the Sprint Note 2 (S'Note I call it on forums) I was at the store 2 hrs early. Normally most store opens at 10 a.m but there's one which opens at 8 a.m.....that's where I went. In at 8 and back home playing in 20 min.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Seems like the general consensus is that ordering online is a good way to go. Has everyone pretty much received their phone on or before the actual launch date?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

But when is the launch date for this phone? I will be the first in line at my Verizon store if we ever get a confirmed date.

The Nottinator

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Nah, I'm not an early adapter......I'm a self confessed phone *****. If a new device comes out, I get it.
    Thank you. I can come out of the closet now. I have 11 lines between 2 accounts. I used to use some for business then sold it and kept 5 lines for dummy phones to keep up with my addiction, and six active unlimited lines. The only phones I haven't been buying are lg. Bad thing is it doesn't stop there. I have a tablet problem also.

I feel better getting that off my chest.
    ibcop and AMTrombley0924 like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    But when is the launch date for this phone? I will be the first in line at my Verizon store if we ever get a confirmed date.

The Nottinator
    I usually am first in line at my local store but I feel like I want to try out the online ordering process. It's all up in the air right now for me because of the silence that has behooved the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Thank you. I can come out of the closet now. I have 11 lines between 2 accounts. I used to use some for business then sold it and kept 5 lines for dummy phones to keep up with my addiction, and six active unlimited lines. The only phones I haven't been buying are lg. Bad thing is it doesn't stop there. I have a tablet problem also.

Maybe you should switch to a cheaper addiction, like drugs or strippers.
    Thanked by:
    Hank Hill and trter10-imore like this.

Who says that's cheaper lol?

The Nottinator

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Who says that's cheaper lol?

The Nottinator
    I just figured it had to be cheaper than a bunch of $300-$700 tech devices and data plans.
    Of course I was also joking.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Anyone else enjoy the waiting in line process?

Or is online ordering better meaning you'll get the phone on time or before?

Last edited by chuckawd; 11-11-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Maybe you should switch to a cheaper addiction, like drugs or strippers.
    I'll pass on the drugs, strippers are a thought though. Crap you just helped me add to my addictions.

Electronics are a drug! Just ask ibcop...

Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    Anyone else enjoy the waiting in line process?

Or is online ordering better meaning you'll get the phone on time or before?

I don't preorder. To many variables. I usually call 2 days before and if they will sell to me then I get it the next day. Sometimes you can get lucky and have it a day early. If not on the morning of release I call one of three corporate stores in my area and I have them hold one or two for me. Never have failed to have one on release day. Knock on wood. With the lack of advertising, with the release of all the droids and iPhone, and the fact it will be to big for most peoples taste, shouldn't have a problem walking into local corporate store and pick one up.
    Markster1 likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

I don't preorder. To many variables. I usually call 2 days before and if they will sell to me then I get it the next day. Sometimes you can get lucky and have it a day early. If not on the morning of release I call one of three corporate stores in my area and I have them hold one or two for me. Never have failed to have one on release day. Knock on wood. With the lack of advertising, with the release of all the droids and iPhone, and the fact it will be to big for most peoples taste, shouldn't have a problem walking into local corporate store and pick one up.
    I may just go that route since its a process that I enjoy doing. I guess I would wonder, since I'm doing an upgrade on my other line, will they just let me buy the phone and leave so I can unbox it myself and activate it at home? The last few times they just ripped open the box and activated it all for me which I don't want them to do this time.

Honestly, I'd rather go in-store than order online. That way, I can check the phone for defects and swap it out on the spot instead of going through the whole mailing process and stuff.

I could be wrong though, are returning online purchases the same as getting in store? I've never really ordered before

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

ROM
    Stock

This is a good thread. I am obsessed with the phone as well, and honestly this is the first time I have pre-ordered a phone online. I am hoping that mine will arrive with no defects. I am so excited for this phone I want it in my hands now!

- - - Updated - - -

This is a good thread. I am obsessed with the phone as well, and honestly this is the first time I have pre-ordered a phone online. I am hoping that mine will arrive with no defects. I am so excited for this phone I want it in my hands now!

- - - Updated - - -

Markster1 likes this.

Yes, if you ask them to leave it boxed with out opening they should respect that. All they would do is register the LTE sim card and you can easily put that in at your house and you are all setup. I honestly hate it when you know more about the phone than the sales rep and he does the unboxing and first time setup for you. I guess the advantage to buying online is that this never happens.
    leroybrute likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    I may just go that route since its a process that I enjoy doing. I guess I would wonder, since I'm doing an upgrade on my other line, will they just let me buy the phone and leave so I can unbox it myself and activate it at home? The last few times they just ripped open the box and activated it all for me which I don't want them to do this time.

I am guessing you are getting it for someone else... otherwise the sim card married to the upgrade line unless you have a mini sim card from another phone. It will have to be activated before you can switch phones around. If that's the case its smart to take which ever phone your switching around in with you and get it all done at once. My experience. Once activated they don't do anymore unless you ask them to. It's different if you pay full retail than on contract. Pay retail and you can walk out of there as soon as you pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather go in-store than order online. That way, I can check the phone for defects and swap it out on the spot instead of going through the whole mailing process and stuff.

I could be wrong though, are returning online purchases the same as getting in store? I've never really ordered before

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann
    If you buy online or over the phone you have to deal with it in the same manner. If you buy in store they will replace it in store for the first 14 days. After return policy you have to deal with customer service-tech/ support on line or phone.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,536 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I tend to have the tablet problem too (Ipad 2, Note 2 7.0, and Note 10.1) but they sit around more than anything. There is nothing like cracking open the box of a new device.....geez, I really am a phone *****. Meet ya at the the club at 10.......

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The last few times when I've gotten a new phone, Sprint said they HAD to activate it at time of purchase. Something to do with keeping their employees honest.
    I wanted to do it myself at home. I factory reset every new phone/tablet before use which is why I wanted to do it. As soon as they hand me my activated phone, I reset it anyway.

Sent from my WHITE S'NOTE using Tapatalk 2

I've never upgraded a phone with a sim card in it...I have a Bionic and transferred my wife's upgrade (dumb phone) to order the Note 2. Then we were going to transfer my Bionic to her phone number. Will the Note 2 come with it's own sim card? Do I have to use my Bionic sim card in the Note?
    Cory
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

I am guessing you are getting it for someone else... otherwise the sim card married to the upgrade line unless you have a mini sim card from another phone. It will have to be activated before you can switch phones around. If that's the case its smart to take which ever phone your switching around in with you and get it all done at once. My experience. Once activated they don't do anymore unless you ask them to. It's different if you pay full retail than on contract. Pay retail and you can walk out of there as soon as you pay for it.
    I'm not getting it for someone else but rather I am using my basic phone line upgrade to purchase the phone and would just feel more comfortable activating, reactivating, and deactivating at my home rather than have to describe the process to the sales reps. I do prefer going in store so I may actually still go this route! Not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    The last few times when I've gotten a new phone, Sprint said they HAD to activate it at time of purchase. Something to do with keeping their employees honest.
    I wanted to do it myself at home. I factory reset every new phone/tablet before use which is why I wanted to do it. As soon as they hand me my activated phone, I reset it anyway.
    I also factory reset any new device when I first get it just so it's at a known clean state. I'm also very OCD in that I don't want anyone touching my new device, outside the manufacturer. Don't want anyone's paws, in particular finger prints on my stuff man!

I'm also obsessive when I get my eye on a new device. For the past two or so weeks, I've been scouring these forums and the web regarding the Note 2, looking at all kinds of info on the phone and accessories. Once I've gotten enough information and feel comfortable about it, I pull the trigger and prefer to get it online (in this case had to pre-order), as I absolutely have no patience waiting in lines at stores or dealing with store employees. Just get me the device and Ill take it from there. Funny though, otherwise I'm very patient waiting for the device to ship to me, although I'll obsessively track it once it does and always try to plan to be home for delivery so I can play with it immediately!.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast