Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trunks527
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does anyone know if the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 will support simultaneous Voice and Data?

Thanks.

Default Re: Does anyone know if the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 will support simultaneous Voice and Data?

I asked this while chatting with a rep online the other day and they said yes, it does support simultaneous voice and data. I'll have 4g lte access, not sure if that matters.
    Thanked by:
    MrMLK 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Does anyone know if the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 will support simultaneous Voice and Data?

Excellent, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jsadler09 View Post
    I asked this while chatting with a rep online the other day and they said yes, it does support simultaneous voice and data. I'll have 4g lte access, not sure if that matters.
    Voice runs on cdma. Since data if in a 4G location runs on lte its two separate radios allowing you to do both at the same time. However if on 3g most phones with cdma don't have this ability.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Ds Note 2 Sprint likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by trunks527 View Post
    Voice runs on cdma. Since data if in a 4G location runs on lte its two separate radios allowing you to do both at the same time. However if on 3g most phones with cdma don't have this ability.
    The reason I wasn't sure is that the iPhone 5 is on LTE, but doesn't support Voice+data.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharged

It will only support simultaneous voice and data while connected to 4g lte or WiFi. This is not a soc like the snapdragon s4 and does not support svdo which is required for simultaneous voice and data over 3g. This is also what's seen with the sprint version.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    MrMLK 

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

In the future we will have VoLTE in the mean time this is something the iPhone 5 cannot do on Verizon or Sprint, sure AT&T has it but their network sucks.

My GS3 supports voice and data on verizon. I live in a 3G area still and it works good. I can't see them going backwards in tech. Verizon is CDMA though that's probably why it doesn't work on Sprint. I didn't know the Iphone 5 wouldn't support voice and data, that cracks me up. That's what happens when people buy a phone based on hype and don't do there homework.lol

Quote Originally Posted by toypwr View Post
    My GS3 supports voice and data on verizon. I live in a 3G area still and it works good. I can't see them going backwards in tech. Verizon is CDMA though that's probably why it doesn't work on Sprint. I didn't know the Iphone 5 wouldn't support voice and data, that cracks me up. That's what happens when people buy a phone based on hype and don't do there homework.lol
    This is one of the few drawbacks of the Verizon (and Sprint) GN2.
    The GN2 uses the Exynos 1.6GHz Quad-core processor that does not allow SVDO on 3g.
    The GS3 uses the 1.5GHz x 2, Qualcomm MSM8960 that allows for SVDO on 3g.

Although I have good LTE coverage in my area I often see my phone revert to 3g in certain buildings or areas.
    Luckily my Thunderbolt was the first Verizon phone to be able to do SVDO over 3g. I don't want to go backward so that is why I wish Samsung had used the Qualcomm S4 Snapdragon instead of the Exynos.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharged

Quote Originally Posted by MittenSportsFan View Post
    This is one of the few drawbacks of the Verizon (and Sprint) GN2.
    The GN2 uses the Exynos 1.6GHz Quad-core processor that does not allow SVDO on 3g.
    The GS3 uses the 1.5GHz x 2, Qualcomm MSM8960 that allows for SVDO on 3g.

Although I have good LTE coverage in my area I often see my phone revert to 3g in certain buildings or areas.
    Luckily my Thunderbolt was the first Verizon phone to be able to do SVDO over 3g. I don't want to go backward so that is why I wish Samsung had used the Qualcomm S4 Snapdragon instead of the Exynos.
    What he said as I said before lol. Both sprint and Verizon use CDMA. I too would have loved Samsung to go with the snapdragon s4 pro.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2