Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 questions please

Anyone know answers to these questions?

Will it support Flash video playback on internet sites?

Will there be a 64GB internal model? Or only 32GB?

What is the full retail price for the largest GB size model?

Thanks!
    Casey
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: Note 2 questions please

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    Anyone know answers to these questions?

Will it support Flash video playback on internet sites?

Will there be a 64GB internal model? Or only 32GB?

What is the full retail price for the largest GB size model?

Thanks!
    Casey
    Every Android phone can play flash with the flash plug-in. You just need to side-load the app. It's not optimized for JB(Android 4.1/4.2) but it will work. I think there's only one option(16GB) and the retail that I was quoted was $699. I believe you can look that up on Verizonwireless.com
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

It does not come with Flash installed, but if you install Flash it works fine on internet sites, or at least my Sprint version does. My prior post with links:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ml#post2295874
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks! I could have sworn I saw something about a 32GB version, in addition to the 16GB. If there will be a 32GB version, I'd rather wait for that. That would be similar to the Galaxy S3 debut, whereby the 16GB version came out first, and the 32GB followed weeks later.

Why pay a extra $100 for the 32g device, when you can get a 16g sd for $30 or a 64g sd for $80...simple math to me.
    Thanks! I could have sworn I saw something about a 32GB version, in addition to the 16GB. If there will be a 32GB version, I'd rather wait for that. That would be similar to the Galaxy S3 debut, whereby the 16GB version came out first, and the 32GB followed weeks later.

Global Posts
    5,249 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Star General View Post
    Why pay a extra $100 for the 32g device, when you can get a 16g sd for $30 or a 64g sd for $80...simple math to me.
    If you look around, you can get a Class 10 64gb card for 59 bucks.

Here is one at Amazon:

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Computers & Accessories

The Class 6 is also available, but is 94 cents more than a Class 10.

Amazon.com: SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 6 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

Both come with the adapters.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Actually, I already recently bought a 64GB Sandisk Ultra MicroSD card from a local Best Buy store a couple weeks ago for $49.99 which I'm currently using on my Verizon Motorola Razr Maxx. The reason I want the larger 32GB Note 2 is because I want a larger available internal memory, since many apps can only run internally as opposed to from the card. This plus the fact that the operating system usually takes up about 1/2 of the internal memory anyway, which means the 16GB version probably will only have something like 8GB free for the user. Myself, I'd rather pay the extra $$ to get the larger internal memory. If I had the Note 2 32GB internal version, I would then swap out my 64GB card from my current Razr phone to use for the Note 2.

Global Posts
    5,249 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Actually, I already recently bought a 64GB Sandisk Ultra MicroSD card from a local Best Buy store a couple weeks ago for $49.99 which I'm currently using on my Verizon Motorola Razr Maxx. The reason I want the larger 32GB Note 2 is because I want a larger available internal memory, since many apps can only run internally as opposed to from the card. This plus the fact that the operating system usually takes up about 1/2 of the internal memory anyway, which means the 16GB version probably will only have something like 8GB free for the user. Myself, I'd rather pay the extra $$ to get the larger internal memory. If I had the Note 2 32GB internal version, I would then swap out my 64GB card from my current Razr phone to use for the Note 2.
    My first S3 was a 16gb model - out of the box, the end user had just over 12gb available. My 32gb has 26gb as it sits right now with my configuration. I seriously doubt you'll have any issues with a 16gb model.

No way the OS takes up half the memory.

Supposedly, 10.2 GB internal storage is available on the 16 GB model - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Verizon) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

Global Posts
    5,249 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nlitenme View Post
    Supposedly, 10.2 GB internal storage is available on the 16 GB model - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Verizon) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
    Must be more apps - but 10gb is still a lot just for apps. I'd rather a 32gb as well (just for re-sell purposes) but it'll do.

Add a 64gb card and you're good.

With today's announcement of the Droid DNA being 16GB as well it seems Verizon is pushing hard for people to have limited storage and go the cloud/streaming way which is going to be costly if you don't have unlimited data. The carriers if they had a soul (which they don't) would go the 32GB route as a minimum. I think the lack of microSD slots is going to be happening more and more as we move forward with Android 4.2 since it doesn't support storing apps there. OEM's may eliminate them to cut cost, dumb the devices down for the masses and offer fewer yet simpler versions.

I'm fine with that but the tablets better start being 32GB and 64GB only, why bother with 16GB.