Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Default Re: Would you pay 699 for the note 2

Will be paying full retail for it. Selling the s3 and paying the difference on the note 2.

Global Posts
    4,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    Will be paying full retail for it. Selling the s3 and paying the difference on the note 2.
    That's my plan, but not sure if I will sell the S3 - I may give it to my daughter.
    StayFly likes this.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

I'm also paying full retail to keep unlimited data. I use a bit too much data to not go that route.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

So the GN2 at $649 is nuts, not so fast. People are buying iPhones at full retail and those prices are nuts. Well Apple is the masters of screwing customers over (and they ask for it ever year) by charging these retail prices: 16GB @ $649; 32GB @ $749 & 64GB @ $849. We all know they continue to hold back innovation and technology so they have "one more thing" next year to get iFans to buy a new phone again or feel left out and out dated. LOL.

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

I could probably swing the full retail price and keep my unlimited data. But when I crunched the numbers on our data usage I realized I can actually switch both mine and my wifes phone to one of the slightly cheaper shared plans and both save a little cash AND have a huge surplus of data so I won't get hit with overages. If VZW does another "double your data" promo this year it will be even better. So I don't think I can really justify the full retail price when the cash could go towards more important things.

Not to mention that if I spent that kind of cash on a friggin' phone my wife would murder me in my sleep and make it look like an accident. (she's a chemist. nobody would ever know)
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by TheDroidLurker View Post
    I could probably swing the full retail price and keep my unlimited data. But when I crunched the numbers on our data usage I realized I can actually switch both mine and my wifes phone to one of the slightly cheaper shared plans and both save a little cash AND have a huge surplus of data so I won't get hit with overages. If VZW does another "double your data" promo this year it will be even better. So I don't think I can really justify the full retail price when the cash could go towards more important things.

Not to mention that if I spent that kind of cash on a friggin' phone my wife would murder me in my sleep and make it look like an accident. (she's a chemist. nobody would ever know)
    HAHAHA. I hear you. 700 bucks on a phone and it will be obsolete in 6 months.

ROM
    Stock

It still sounds like a lot to me too but i'm going to do it either way. I'm goin to sell my GNex and pay whatever else I need to get the Note 2

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    HAHAHA. I hear you. 700 bucks on a phone and it will be obsolete in 6 months.
    My wife uses 20+ gigs of data a month, I use around 10 gigs of data a month. I bought both GS3's full retail but on ebay for $550 a piece. The overages would be outrageous with I lost my unlimited and was bounded by a 2 gig limit with $10 for ever additional gig of data. Plus as what most people are doing is selling off their phones every year when it becomes less cutting edge and getting $200 + for their phones so its = to buying a phone on contract instead of being stuck with it for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by vNaK View Post
    Considering what a phone can do nowadays, I don't think a price tag of $699 is unreasonable. I'm not quite sure what else is out there that is comparable to a phone that is portable and is an all-in-one device that can do gaming, media, picture taking, talk, text, web surf, NFC, using it to swipe credit cards, and etc.
    Heard of the nexus 4?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by SenorPepe View Post
    Heard of the nexus 4?

Yeah but the screen size does not put it in the "comparable" category
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    While that is technically true, the rep and remove the data requirement and add a "dummy" phone to the extra line. They he/she can move the new device to your line. The extra line is 9.99 but they add taxes and surcharges.
    this is exactly what i did when i brought the nexus and will be buying the note 2 for $299 and then canceling it $350.

Heard of the nexus 4?

No, I have not.... I'm on Verizon. Tell me all about it.
    ibcop and MERCDROID like this.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Heard of the nexus 4?

I meant any phone, (not just note 2 since most phones are in the $600+ range unsubsidized) vs any other device (not a phone) that can do what it can do. Plus, note 2 has extra features that no other phone haves so its a Plus on top of other phones, which makes it an even better deal even when bought at full price.

Although the nexus 4's price is a killer deal and no other phone can match it's price, it is the only phone in that price range. Whereas 99.99% of other phones out there still sell for $600+.full price. Until other phone prices drops down to Nexus 4 range, it's kind of an unfair comparison to try and compare it's price tag to any other phone. It'd be great if we see cheaper phones in the future like the Nexus 4.

Global Posts
    4,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by StayFly View Post
    this is exactly what i did when i brought the nexus and will be buying the note 2 for $299 and then canceling it $350.
    Did they charge the $30 upgrade fee? If so, you might as well buy full price.

Global Posts
    4,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Yeah but the screen size does not put it in the "comparable" category
    Always left out of the good stuff, but I guess I have no one to blame but myself for staying with Verizon. But I refuse to go to "A Suck & Suck".
    killroy420 and MERCDROID like this.

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

Did they charge the $30 upgrade fee? If so, you might as well buy full price.
    Yes they did.

Global Posts
    4,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by StayFly View Post
    Yes they did.
    Okay, thanks. I'll just buy full price and skip that fee.

I went to the Verizon website to pre-order, I really just wanted to see the total price.
    Without making any changes to my plan and adding a case, the total price was $770.

I couldn't make myself click submit.

Default Would you pay 699 for the note 2

I got charged the fee even though I paid full price.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHorses View Post
    I preordered and paid $750 with tax/fees for the Note 2, so I could keep my Unlimited data

Can't wait for it to arrive!!!!!
    I didn't get charged an upgrade fee, just tax for a total of $762.

I am planning on buying the N2 at full retail as well as this is my first android device. I used my upgrade for the iphone 5 and am bored. I will sell the iphone for $700-$850 as they are on ebay and then buy the Note2 with an additional $100 gift card. I am anticipating the phone. Hope its released soon!!

Global Posts
    4,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You got boned. How do they justify the "upgrade fee" when you paid full price?

I preordered and paid $750 with tax/fees for the Note 2, so I could keep my Unlimited data

Can't wait for it to arrive!!!!!
    You got boned. How do they justify the "upgrade fee" when you paid full price?
    I don't understand. The total was $750. How could there be an upgrade fee in there unless taxes were less than 2%?

I just ordered GN2 @ my local VZW store. Lobbied hard to ditch the upgrade fee but no luck. My wife and I use very little data so took the upgrade price, went to a tiered data plan from the unlimited and will save $30/month. I know that is sacrilege for some but I'm on wi-fi most of my day and we average under a 1 GB per month each. I'm just going to be very anxious waiting for the damned thing to get here now - the 27th can't get here quickly enough. I'm hoping that it gets here a day early which has happened with other devices.

Heck yeah.....thought I was going to have to, to keep my unlimited but found i could upgrade my 5th line to a smartphone (note 2).....i will get it all set up and activated, and then swap it to my line and back the 5th line back down to its regular dumb phone. convoluted i know, but heck figure its worth a try.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast