Would you pay 699 for the note 2

LuvHorses

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I am excited to have unlimited with the Note2. I just started using pandora and Netflix :)

I bought my Iphone early just to get the unlimited before it was dropped. Not gonna give it up on my account.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I am excited to have unlimited with the Note2. I just started using pandora and Netflix :)

I bought my Iphone early just to get the unlimited before it was dropped. Not gonna give it up on my account.

We all will eventually that is what I was told by a rep. I personally am holding on to one line with unlimited right now with the others on the 2 gb plan. Hopefully we won't lose it.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
We all will eventually that is what I was told by a rep. I personally am holding on to one line with unlimited right now with the others on the 2 gb plan. Hopefully we won't lose it.

A VZW executive told me that it will go away but by natural attrition rather than them pulling the plug.
Every launch of a new phone causes thousands of subscribers to upgrade and lose their unlimited data. Big Red is discouraging sd card slots and large internal storage from manufacturers to encourage more cloud based data use. They want the iPhone model. Not only do they make huge profits on the sale of the popular phone, but with it's almost all wireless data transfer it is a data hog. When AT&T had it exclusively the iPhone would constantly tie up their network. That is why VZW ordered the DNA without sd slot and only 16gb of internal storage. They want to make you get used to using the cloud instead of keeping data on your phone.
The DNA is the type of phone that makes having unlimited data essential.
Verizon won't pull the plug on "grandfathered" unlimited data as long as many of you keep dropping off every day and other carriers continue to offer. Verizon even likes those that don't currently use a lot of data to leave the unlimited plan. It reduces their risk or exposure to potential data hogs even if it costs them a few dollars now. They know as they and other sources continue to offer more and more mobile data, that you can't keep on your phone, your use will increase. I don't use a lot of data (4-5gb and my wife uses less than 1gb) because I spend a lot of time in areas with wifi. But I won't give up my unlimited, if I can help it, because my use is trending up (and if I get that Big, Beautiful GN2 it will go up faster) and I occassionally have 10-20gb months when driving a lot. I don't want to worry about what my data source is (wifi or cellular) because of cost, with unlimited data I can decide on speed and convenience.
Everyone's situation is different but I wouldn't give up unlimited data so easy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I too paid full retail for Note 2. I did't want to lose unlimited data and I did't want to sign any more contracts with verizon. It feels good not to be held hostage by a two year contract.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Why buy a phone like this if you're gonna limit yourself to what you use, when, and where? Google Drive is amazing, but realistically how would you use it and google music to access all your stuff if you have a limited amount of data? These devices are meant to chomp through data, I don't see how anyone would enjoy a Note II by limiting themselves.

I'm pretty sure the carriers will eventually increase the amount of GB you get as more and more people start using cloud services to their full potential.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand how a person can think that because some people don't have the same needs/wants as themselves that they are doing something wrong or limiting themselves.

Google drive is "amazing", really? "Amazing"?
Childbirth is amazing, spaceflight is amazing, Google drive is not amazing, it's a place to store files.

I know I'm being argumentative but I hate the overuse of the word amazing.
People use it to describe everything from a decent meal to a TV show.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand how a person can think that because some people don't have the same needs/wants as themselves that they are doing something wrong or limiting themselves.

Google drive is "amazing", really? "Amazing"?
Childbirth is amazing, spaceflight is amazing, Google drive is not amazing, it's a place to store files.

I know I'm being argumentative but I hate the overuse of the word amazing.
People use it to describe everything from a decent meal to a TV show.
If you enjoy loading everything on ur sd card that's fine. By all means go ahead drag and drop. Like you said we all have our ways of doing things.

Google drive is phenomenal. (Is that better?)

KingGrimlock

May 8, 2010
Visit site
as much as it hurts, i'll most likely be paying full retail too. i want to keep my unlimited data and i kind of don't want to extend my contract just yet (even though ultimately i'll probably stay with verizon; but then i can use my full upgrade with the galaxy note 3 or something!).

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
If you enjoy loading everything on ur sd card that's fine. By all means go ahead drag and drop. Like you said we all have our ways of doing things.

Google drive is phenomenal. (Is that better?)

The drawback of cloud storage is access. There are places where the signal is not very strong and/or there is no access to wifi.
There is no need for drag and drop, I download everything directly to my phone. I also transfer files to and from my external hard drive via wifi.

Certain areas of my office have no signal, I've gone to training classes where the signal was so bad it was better to shut the phone off
I can't use wifi at my office and I don't care to sync data, which includes unencrypted passwords over open wifi.

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
After much consternation and thought, I have decided to go with the GN2. I have a Gnex that I will be selling with all of my accessories for around $200. I, too, will be paying full retail. I use my phone for personal as well as business use and it is huge part of my daily routine. The GN2 is just what I have been looking for - Android with a super big screen and LTE. I would never give up my unlimited data. I want to hold it in my hand first before I buy it - but I am sure I will be buying it - full retail

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You know the one thing I find funny is so many iOS users will gladly pay full price for an iPhone during the contract period as if its somehow more magical than the one they have (typically a feature that is way behind Android by a year or two) and yet they will snicker at Android users who will gladly pay full retail for their phone and it costs less, does more and has better features. One has to wonder.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Same as me - I use it for business and I have a GN to sell. I hope I can get more than $200. Perfect condition, larger battery, carbon fiber on it, plus about 5 or 6 nice cases. Also extra high end Just Like Glass screen protectors.

After much consternation and thought, I have decided to go with the GN2. I have a Gnex that I will be selling with all of my accessories for around $200. I, too, will be paying full retail. I use my phone for personal as well as business use and it is huge part of my daily routine. The GN2 is just what I have been looking for - Android with a super big screen and LTE. I would never give up my unlimited data. I want to hold it in my hand first before I buy it - but I am sure I will be buying it - full retail

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Given that I've been paying full retail for devices for the last year, don't think it's too much. It all depends on the person's situation. I mean if he has a device to offset some of the cost then that makes it even better. But I paid 650 and 750 respectively for the gs3 and iphone 5.... All so I can keep my unlimited. I have 4 upgrades coming in Feb and don't think I'll be using them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Since I too paid full retail they threw in the flip case for free. White case white phone. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Where did you get that deal?

It was my natural charm. :)

No they just offered it. When I called Verizon I was just looking for info.....ship date, price, etc. I'm sure I mentioned retail is alot to spend on a phone and the CSR said she could throw in an accessory since I was paying full retail. I made sure she included that in her notes attached to my account while I researched accessories. The only thing that interested me was cases. So that will be sent to me as a free separate shipment. I felt almost as if the CSRs were trying to accommodate sales of this phone by whatever means. Could it be Verizon has excess supply? She also hinted that the ship date could be earlier than advertised....like I'm thinking tomorrow.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud.