Would you pay 699 for the note 2

PJB264

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I paid full boat and don't regret it for one minute. This phone is friggin awesome!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
While that is technically true, the rep and remove the data requirement and add a "dummy" phone to the extra line. They he/she can move the new device to your line. The extra line is 9.99 but they add taxes and surcharges.

I see, that's something to look into.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am also on the unlimited boat. Upgrading at full cost. It's a mini tablet that will be able to replace my 11" ultrabook in certain situations, plus it has a cellular antenna. To me it's worth it. Plus I'll be selling my iPhone 4 for at least 200 (I hope).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So the GN2 at $649 is nuts, not so fast. People are buying iPhones at full retail and those prices are nuts. Well Apple is the masters of screwing customers over (and they ask for it ever year) by charging these retail prices: 16GB @ $649; 32GB @ $749 & 64GB @ $849. We all know they continue to hold back innovation and technology so they have "one more thing" next year to get iFans to buy a new phone again or feel left out and out dated. LOL.

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I could probably swing the full retail price and keep my unlimited data. But when I crunched the numbers on our data usage I realized I can actually switch both mine and my wifes phone to one of the slightly cheaper shared plans and both save a little cash AND have a huge surplus of data so I won't get hit with overages. If VZW does another "double your data" promo this year it will be even better. So I don't think I can really justify the full retail price when the cash could go towards more important things.

Not to mention that if I spent that kind of cash on a friggin' phone my wife would murder me in my sleep and make it look like an accident. (she's a chemist. nobody would ever know)

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I could probably swing the full retail price and keep my unlimited data. But when I crunched the numbers on our data usage I realized I can actually switch both mine and my wifes phone to one of the slightly cheaper shared plans and both save a little cash AND have a huge surplus of data so I won't get hit with overages. If VZW does another "double your data" promo this year it will be even better. So I don't think I can really justify the full retail price when the cash could go towards more important things.

Not to mention that if I spent that kind of cash on a friggin' phone my wife would murder me in my sleep and make it look like an accident. (she's a chemist. nobody would ever know)

HAHAHA. I hear you. 700 bucks on a phone and it will be obsolete in 6 months.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
HAHAHA. I hear you. 700 bucks on a phone and it will be obsolete in 6 months.

My wife uses 20+ gigs of data a month, I use around 10 gigs of data a month. I bought both GS3's full retail but on ebay for $550 a piece. The overages would be outrageous with I lost my unlimited and was bounded by a 2 gig limit with $10 for ever additional gig of data. Plus as what most people are doing is selling off their phones every year when it becomes less cutting edge and getting $200 + for their phones so its = to buying a phone on contract instead of being stuck with it for 2 years.

SenorPepe

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Considering what a phone can do nowadays, I don't think a price tag of $699 is unreasonable. I'm not quite sure what else is out there that is comparable to a phone that is portable and is an all-in-one device that can do gaming, media, picture taking, talk, text, web surf, NFC, using it to swipe credit cards, and etc.

Heard of the nexus 4?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
While that is technically true, the rep and remove the data requirement and add a "dummy" phone to the extra line. They he/she can move the new device to your line. The extra line is 9.99 but they add taxes and surcharges.
this is exactly what i did when i brought the nexus and will be buying the note 2 for $299 and then canceling it $350.

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Heard of the nexus 4?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I meant any phone, (not just note 2 since most phones are in the $600+ range unsubsidized) vs any other device (not a phone) that can do what it can do. Plus, note 2 has extra features that no other phone haves so its a Plus on top of other phones, which makes it an even better deal even when bought at full price.

Although the nexus 4's price is a killer deal and no other phone can match it's price, it is the only phone in that price range. Whereas 99.99% of other phones out there still sell for $600+.full price. Until other phone prices drops down to Nexus 4 range, it's kind of an unfair comparison to try and compare it's price tag to any other phone. It'd be great if we see cheaper phones in the future like the Nexus 4.