Galaxy Note II vs HTC DNA?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The only thing the DNA has over the Note 2 IMO is the screen. Other than that, I feel the Note 2 is a much more superior phone.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Have you played with the Note2? I have at AT&T cause I had to see it. The screen is amazing. Its my phone come March (verizon)

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you played with the Note2? I have at AT&T cause I had to see it. The screen is amazing. Its my phone come March (verizon)

I got to play with it at ATT as well. It is pretty good. I want to put it next to the DNA just to see. One thing I like about the DNA not just the screen is the build quality. The thing just feels good in the hand.

DJ Yella Fella

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm still really torn. I know the pros and cons of each - my biggest issues are going to be the battery life of the DNA vs. the size of the Note 2. I currently have an iPhone and the nostalgia has run it's course. I've always been a hardcore Droid guy (I also have a Droid RAZR for my work phone.)

I have a bluetooth already to mitigate the size issue, but that DNA just feels good. I've played with it, tested it a little and it just looks nice. I guess I will have to just wait until I get my GN2 on Thursday to see if I can deal with the size.

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm still really torn. I know the pros and cons of each - my biggest issues are going to be the battery life of the DNA vs. the size of the Note 2. I currently have an iPhone and the nostalgia has run it's course. I've always been a hardcore Droid guy (I also have a Droid RAZR for my work phone.)

I have a bluetooth already to mitigate the size issue, but that DNA just feels good. I've played with it, tested it a little and it just looks nice. I guess I will have to just wait until I get my GN2 on Thursday to see if I can deal with the size.

I would like to know your opinion when you get it. I have the Droid DNA right now and really like it. Testing battery life tomorrow for heavy use. If it can last a day of heavy use then it can last me on the moderate days.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't very positive about the NOTE2 size but after playing with it I found it to be easy and comfortable to hold. I can't wait till March to have mine.

Hector709

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought the DNA just to play with it until the GN2 comes in. I cant wait to return it and get the GN2. The DNA screen is pretty and great pics but the battery is horrible i was getting better batt. life with my iPhone4. On sunday I took the phone off the charger at 720 AM by noon I was at 30%. I used the phone like I normally would, a few e-mails you tube text all morning and a few phone calls. Thursday cant come any faster.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Battery life was horrible the first day I got it but the thing is about lithium batteries, you have to cycle them a few times to achieve full charge capacity. Give it a few days then you should see a bit of a difference.

The Nottinator

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery life was horrible the first day I got it but the thing is about lithium batteries, you have to cycle them a few times to achieve full charge capacity. Give it a few days then you should see a bit of a difference.

The Nottinator

I heard you shouldn't have to do that with lithium ion batteries anymore?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
You don't specifically have to cycle your batteries but after a few charges it will be charging to full capacity.

The Nottinator

Well I still have awhile in the day and I think if I didn't use my phone as much as I do I would make it through the day. I am at 48 percent on pretty heavy use so far.

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how the battery life is on the attached note 2 while on lte. Will it be better than the dna. I don't care about removable just long life

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Went in to look at the Note 2. I don't know if I can notice that fact there are less pixels except in text. I was a little worried about the screen in the Note 2.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how the battery life is on the attached note 2 while on lte. Will it be better than the dna. I don't care about removable just long life

Reports are great on battery. It will be much better than the DNA.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

jdtftp1

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I just returned my DNA for the Note 2 and it is the best move I have made. I did like the DNA a lot but I love the Note 2. Battery wise there is no comparison. Note 2 runs circles around the DNA in that category. ( even after a week of breaking in the DNA battery) The DNA does have a better screen but I am not sure an average person could tell the difference by looking. This 5.5" screen on the Note 2 is GORGEOUS! Camera vs camera is a toss up. Either way you cant go wrong. The DNA has a better build quality I think and feels really nice in your hand. Not saying the Note is built bad but the slipperiness of the Note 2 worries me. That being why I will buy a case for it where the DNA has the soft grippy back which is very nice and well built. Its really a matter of taste there. And size is up to the buyer. If you have teeny tiny hands the note 2 might be a bit much for you where the DNA is slimmer and feels more like a phone. I have normal size hands and the Note 2 does feel a bit on the big side but in my eyes its awesome! Just my opinion

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Screen is better on the dna and camera is better than the iphone in my opinion, YMMV.

That being said, the note 2 is just awesome. It has everything I want and then more that I didn't even know I wanted. Size is perfect for me. Battery life is better due to extra 1000 mah. I wish there was a way to store app data on the sd card but thats not the phone, it's google.

Overall very pleased!

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I get great battery life on my DNA. I was ready to return the phone if it didn't get me through the day, but this easily does. On Wi-Fi, it sips juice - we're talking 2-4% / hr. LTE uses more like 7-8% / hr, but I'm around Wi-Fi 95% of the time so it's not an issue for me. This is with what I would consider "normal" use: texting / gchatting throughout the day, streaming pandora, moderate web browsing and maybe ~30min of playing Extreme Road Trip 2. The DNA won't set any records for battery life, and it's not as good as the Note 2, but it's perfectly acceptable and shouldn't be a deterrent if you're interested in it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance