Will you be...

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
getting rid of your tablet (if you have one) when you get you GN2 or will you keep both?

My plan is to try and replace my tablet with this device so that it is all in one, anyone else trying this? I wonder if I will miss having a large screen??

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
While the GN2 is a beast, I don't think its that great to get rid of a tablet. The GN2 will be great from when I'm away from the house, but I still want a larger screen when I need it.

Terry4505

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I may be in the minority here, but I have intentionally waited to get a tablet hoping for a phone like the N2. I was all set to pick up a Nexus 7 when the N2 was announced. I really don't want to carry more than one piece of equipment when I am going out. The N2 will be used for calls, internet browsing on the go, fantasy sports, gaming, camera, video camera etc. I don't want to have to bring more than one thing. So although it is small for a tablet and big for a phone, it is going to be my small tablet.

- - - Updated - - -

That's if the damn thing is ever released.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm keeping the Nexus 7. Only had it for little over two months and its 7" screen is better as the laptop replacement I got it for (much better battery life and more portable). I'll probably use the Note 2 around the house as well due to its size, but I look at it as something more for when I'm away from home. However, I'll most likely now just use the Note 2 at work to watch NFL Sunday Ticket instead of taking the Nexus 7 and tethering it to my rooted Thunderbolt. :)

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I use Desktops/Laptops/Phones/and tablets all day long,
I find moving to a different device during the day takes the monotony and changes come of the physical use of any one device, so
to answer the question no I'll keep my tablet as well, as long as I can tether it from the N2

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll be keeping my iPad 3. My 2 year-old loves it and I like staying up-to-date with iOS and iOS apps. I definitely prefer Android for my phone, but I need to stay current with iOS since I'm in the IT industry. I'll probably use it a lot less though.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If I get the Note 2, I'll be holding on to my Asus 300. It's perfect for watching movies on the plane or surfing the web while chilling on the couch.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Need my ipad for when I want a larger screen. So no not getting rid of my tablet. After playing with the n2 I realized it wasnt has big as I thought. I will use my tablet less though.

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if I am going to get rid of my tab or not. I have a B&N NC. It is handy but I recently picked up a broken HP media 15" laptop for free and fixed it. So soon I will have the NC, laptop, and a Note 2. I have toyed with the idea of Selling the Nook for a few bucks but my kids really like it. And the Laptop is nice because, well.........I got it free and it is nice to have a backup at home in case my iMac craps out.

I will just have to wait and see how much I use it for reading/web browsing which is about all I use the NC for now. But selling it might take a little bit of the sting out of the purchase price of the Note 2.

the devastator

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Nope, the Note 2 is just going to replace my GNex. I have a Nexus 7 for sofa browsing, I have an Acer Iconia A500 for Comic Book reading and laptop for actual work, like excel sheets and stuff like that.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to make a follow up to this thread.

I got my Note 2 and I have to say it has ALMOST replaced my tablets. I find myself browsing on the Note 2 on the sofa at night rather then the tablet but every now and then I will reach for my Nexus 7 or Xoom.

Will I ever totally give up my tablets? Well, maybe if I want to spend the money elsewhere but not at the moment. I would say I am about 95% there.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an LTE 64 GB iPad and I find that I am not using it nearly as much as before I got the N2. It's only been a week, but I could see it potentially happening down the line. I won't make any rash decision though. I do use the iPad for work and the added screen size is nice when running reports, etc.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't get rid of my tablet no.matter what I am using

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet