Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Got a Flygrip

I just did a search on amazon & i didn't find the flygrip, but i did find some similar products at pretty decent prices. Looks like I've got some homework to do..... I really like the concept.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Can you still COMFORTABLY/NORMALLY carry the phone in your front pants pocket with the flygrip installed?

$30 is ridiculous. They should offer it without the "free" case and drop the price to a reasonable $15. They're slicing their wrists by making you buy a case with it.

Global Posts
    4,337 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gilbequick View Post
    Can you still COMFORTABLY/NORMALLY carry the phone in your front pants pocket with the flygrip installed?

$30 is ridiculous. They should offer it without the "free" case and drop the price to a reasonable $15. They're slicing their wrists by making you buy a case with it.
    Yep, I said the same thing. But people buy it for the asking price.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gilbequick View Post
    It doesn't affect front pocket pants carry at all for me. I always put the phone in my pocket with the screen toward my body. The FlyGrip creates a slight extra bulge, I suppose, if pants are really tight, but no impediment to carrying it there. I suppose if you were wearing pants so tight that it is difficult to squeeze the phone in just on its own, then the FlyGrip might make a difference.

I got the Large size FlyGrip. It is about 1 3/16 inches wide, 2 1/8 inches tall, and not quite 1/4 inch deep.

I've exchanged a few emails with the developer, a nice guy who is very responsive to any questions. I get the impression this is a product conceived and developed by one individual, who I'm guessing had to put a lot of cash out for design, prototypes, manufacturing, legal costs, packaging, etc. Perhaps a big company with deep products could sell it for less. Maybe if he gets it into retail stores and the volume goes up, the price will come down.

Anyway, I'd agree that it's not cheap, but it really does work well, and it's ingeniously designed. Plus you can remove it and mount it on any other phone you get in the future.

The more I use it, the more I like it. It just makes holding the phone so much easier and more secure, and I can now reach all corners of the screen with my thumb. To me, its value lies largely in the greatly improved ability to use this phone. That makes it worth the price to me, but not everyone will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by brentj View Post
    The more I use it, the more I like it. It just makes holding the phone so much easier and more secure, and I can now reach all corners of the screen with my thumb. To me, its value lies largely in the greatly improved ability to use this phone. That makes it worth the price to me, but not everyone will agree.
    Think you could post a video of you using it? I saw one from flygrip but it was kinda quick.

Thanks...

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Here's a quick and dirty video I just shot. Please excuse the video quality, I haven't done one of these before!

By the way, one more word on cost. The FlyGrip is manufactured and assembled in the USA. Probably would have been cheaper to make it in China, but I'll pay a bit more for stuff made here.
    Thanked by 6:
    karsdroid and collett like this.

Quote Originally Posted by brentj View Post
    Here's a quick and dirty video I just shot. Please excuse the video quality, I haven't done one of these before!

By the way, one more word on cost. The FlyGrip is manufactured and assembled in the USA. Probably would have been cheaper to make it in China, but I'll pay a bit more for stuff made here.
    Amen to that.

@BrentJ - Thanks for the detailed video! You give a few more scenarios than their video did.

Just curious if you're OK with no case on your Note 2? Had you considered a case WITH the flygrip? I would always be leary of dropping or knicking the edges of my phone!!

(BTW, I contacted flygrip and they said it would work on a rubberized case, but that you needed to use a special solvent they supply before applying the sticky tape)

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Before I heard of and purchased the FlyGrip, I bought a cheapo TPU case online that has sort of knurled edges and gives a much better grip on the phone. This was more to help avoid dropping the phone than to provide protection if I do drop it. Then I bought the ProClip car mount, and it does not work with any case. So I had to remove that case every time I got into the car and put the case back on when I got out of the car, somewhat of a hassle. The FlyGrip gives me a much easier and more secure hold on the phone than the case did, and it works with the ProClip car mount.

I have just decided that I need to be mindful when I'm using the phone, and not drop it. I feel like the FlyGrip substantially increases my chances of being successful at that. I don't think any case provides certain protection against a drop anyway. I always carry the phone in my left front pants pocket with nothing else in there that could scratch it up. Finally, I'm not paying $11/month for insurance, either. I do have a family plan with Sprint with a couple of members who qualify for an upgrade but are satisfied with their phones, so if I did happen to destroy my phone, I could work a replacement using one of their numbers.

If it weren't for the ProClip care mount, I'd maybe consider putting the FlyGrip on a case. Since I decided not to use a case, though, I did not even ask for the freebie case from FlyGrip.

The FlyGrip came with a tiny little foil packet with an alcohol wipe to clean off the back of your phone or case before applying the FlyGrip. I don't think there was any solvent for rubberized cases, so perhaps you have to make a special request to them for that. Or perhaps they just send it to you if you ask for the free case.
    Thanked by:

Has anyone else received theirs? Any positive or negative thoughts? Anyone try to combine the FlyGrip with a separate belt clip case?

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone else received theirs? Any positive or negative thoughts? Anyone try to combine the FlyGrip with a separate belt clip case?

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    ROM whore + Leankernal

Love mine. Using it on the back of a Sedieo Active case. No problems. Mounted just above the case kickstand.

I read a lot on my phone and flygrips is very nice for holding it and for use as a kickstand. I attached it to the free case and that way I can remove it if I do not plan on heavy use (say, going out for an evening.) I tried some other holders but IMO flygrips is the best and worth the money.

Love it..... I have it on my Ballistic case. Added the flygrip made the phone too thick to fit in my car mount, but i can just pop off the hard layer of the case and it fits the mount. It is a little annoying to have to take a layer of to place in the car mount. But the benefits far outweigh this minor inconvenience. I used to worry about dropping phone, but since I've been using flygrip, i haven't drop it once!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    DroidXcon likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12