Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Demo Units Appearing at Best Buy Stores!!! Is Launch Soon?

According to this report by Adam Mills of GottaBeMobile.com the long awaited Verizon GN2 is now on display at some Best Buy stores.
    Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Release Date Nears as Demo Units Appear
    We know it's a Big Red version because of the controversial branded home button.
    The other good news is the depicted demo unit is displaying the split screen multi-tasking feature.
    This may be an indication that the VZW version will have this up and running out of the box instead of waiting for an OTA update.
    Maybe it was an advantage to launch last as Verizon is not very speedy in terms of getting out updates.

Global Posts
    5,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Demo Units Appearing at Best Buy Stores!!! Is Launch Soon?

While its encouraging, Its does nothing unless we can buy one, so why is BB even bothering to show it off. If a customer comes in and asks for it and they say no release date yet, they are going to get something else and return it within 30 days and cost BB a new phone that is now used. I can only hope for a Black Friday launch.

Global Posts
    4,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Demo Units Appearing at Best Buy Stores!!! Is Launch Soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    While its encouraging, Its does nothing unless we can buy one, so why is BB even bothering to show it off. If a customer comes in and asks for it and they say no release date yet, they are going to get something else and return it within 30 days and cost BB a new phone that is now used. I can only hope for a Black Friday launch.
    I'm really surprised Verizon didn't get this out prior to Black Friday - at least it appears they won't make it. Some carriers are having some decent deals too but I guess Verizon will miss the bus on this launch.

ROM
    Stock

This. I have been saying this since I have heard the release date. It doesn't make sense that they will not have this phone out before Black Friday. I guess they are hoping people pay no attention to new phones and sell a tons of DNA's

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by MittenSportsFan View Post
    According to this report by Adam Mills of GottaBeMobile.com the long awaited Verizon GN2 is now on display at some Best Buy stores.
    We know it's a Big Red version because of the controversial branded home button.
    The other good news is the depicted demo unit is displaying the split screen multi-tasking feature.
    This may be an indication that the VZW version will have this up and running out of the box instead of waiting for an OTA update.
    Maybe it was an advantage to launch last as Verizon is not very speedy in terms of getting out updates.
    Wooo Hooooo!! Can't wait till this phone arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by MittenSportsFan View Post
    That story originated on Droid-Life.com. Just an fyi

Global Posts
    4,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just saw a tv commercial where T-Mobile has Samsung 4G devices free Friday and Saturday (Nov 16th and 17th). While the commercial didn't specifically call out the GN2, the device was pictured with the other Samsung devices.

I went to a local Verizon corporate store yesterday. All the reps there told me they don't know when the Verizon Note 2 will be available. I replied back, "Are you serious?". They said they've received no official word yet. Whaaatever!

Logic dictates that since bb has it on display and no dna's yet to date that it will debut before the 21st.........wait.......this is Verizon..........logic makes no sense here!

The Nottinator

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    I just saw a tv commercial where T-Mobile has Samsung 4G devices free Friday and Saturday (Nov 16th and 17th). While the commercial didn't specifically call out the GN2, the device was pictured with the other Samsung devices.
    I think I saw somewhere where the Note 2 isnt part of this promo .

Global Posts
    4,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    I think I saw somewhere where the Note 2 isnt part of this promo .
    This would make sense, but it sure didn't have a disclaimer and it was shown in the group of devices.

It is not included, but depending on what plan you have (or start), it could be heavily discounted down to $99.00

T-Mobile promotion to offer free Samsung phones on November 16 and 17 | PhoneDog

You won't see this with Verizon. Rat bastards.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I just went to Best Buy and did a pre order on t he note 2. They only have it in white. The guy said the release date is the 29th of Nov., the way he said looked like he knew it would be coming out sooner. Any how Im excited that I was able to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    I saw a full page ad in the paper. They had the SG3 listed twice.

Ran by my corporate Verizon store just a little while ago and they have no clue when the note 2 will be out.

Either Verizon and Samsung have supply issues or Verizon is just sticking it to us..........I hope it's the former and not the latter but I suspect the latter to be the case.

The Nottinator

It will be out the 29th, which has been the plan from the get-go. They're not putting up the "Shipping by 11/27" tags on the phone for nothing. They may have some communication issues from the top down to the individual stores and such, but it's pretty clear the 29th is the date.