VZW Rep Says SGN2 Might Come As Early As Nov 19

magisternautaque

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I was talking to a customer service rep on the phone today about ordering a Note 2. I thought I would go ahead and try to place my preorder 2 days early. (Like so many of us here, I bought the Thunderbolt on launch day 3/17/11 so I can use an upgrade on 11/17/12.) At first she thought that it would be no problem to upgrade 2 days early, but after checking she found out that her computer won't let her grant an early upgrade for a phone that isn't even available yet (makes sense.)

Just as we were about to say our goodbyes, I asked her if her computers still indicated a Nov 27 release date. She said that one source she checked said 11/25 but another place she looked indicated that it could be "as early as 11/19."

For what it's worth.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Like a crazy person I've been stopping into Verizon stores and talking with managers and I know they don't know much at all but the 19th is a date that I have heard several times from multiple different Verizon people. Never the 25th though.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The 25th is probably just a date that's in-line with their black friday weekend releases, for whatever that's worth. Here's to hoping it comes out in the next few days, again.

Podgorica

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
They told me sometimes next week as well. They would be crazy not to release before Black Friday but then again they want to sell more of DNA.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't preordered!! Is it worth it still?

Just finished pre ordering just in case and ordered the titanium gray with an expected ship date of 11/27. Fingers crossed as I thoroughly enjoy building up excitement over this!!

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
What's the benefit of pre-ordering other than getting it in the mail and being able to unbox yourself?

I've never preordered a phone, and have never not been able to get one in store...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
What's the benefit of pre-ordering other than getting it in the mail and being able to unbox yourself?

I've never preordered a phone, and have never not been able to get one in store...

You can un-box it yourself if you buy in the store. I've never had to pre-order either.