Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Default Re: It's offical, 11/29 is launch day

Is it really 700 full retail? Just saw that on Vzw site, that's a little silly if u ask me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    Is it really 700 full retail? Just saw that on Vzw site, that's a little silly if u ask me

I totally agree, but I did it anyway.
    wnflyer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post

If you honestly think about how tiny the components are and everything packed into the device, $700 is actually about where the price should be. Take an iPad with lte, those are 700 and its 3x larger. I would've paid full price but I had to add another line anyways
    Last edited by infmethod; 11-25-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Went to Verizon today and the assistant manager told me, he had no clue when the N2 would be releasing. I told him the website had them available for preorder and that would ship by 11/27, and he looked clueless. He said the reason they haven't announced the phone's release is because they prefer to sort out all of the bugs before they release samsung phones. He said Sprint and other companies release them right away because they are hurting for business so they sell phones with bugs.

I also told the guy that my fiance and i would both be getting the phone, one with an upgrade and one at full retail price. He was like, why would you buy that phone at retail price? I told him i still had my unlimited data plan, and i didn't want to lose it. I only use about 3 gigs a month, and he was like, that would be stupid to buy the phone at full retail price. So, I kindly told him that we only had one upgrade available on our plan. He also told me if I wanted to preorder that I'd have to do it online. Not a very good experience at VZW.

Global Posts
    4,347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan9110 View Post
    Went to Verizon today and the assistant manager told me, he had no clue when the N2 would be releasing. I told him the website had them available for preorder and that would ship by 11/27, and he looked clueless. He said the reason they haven't announced the phone's release is because they prefer to sort out all of the bugs before they release samsung phones. He said Sprint and other companies release them right away because they are hurting for business so they sell phones with bugs.

I also told the guy that my fiance and i would both be getting the phone, one with an upgrade and one at full retail price. He was like, why would you buy that phone at retail price? I told him i still had my unlimited data plan, and i didn't want to lose it. I only use about 3 gigs a month, and he was like, that would be stupid to buy the phone at full retail price. So, I kindly told him that we only had one upgrade available on our plan. He also told me if I wanted to preorder that I'd have to do it online. Not a very good experience at VZW.
    Another classic example how reps and management are uninformed and just simply clueless. They don't know anything until either the promo materials arrive or they get the internal notification of a pending release. It sounds like you need to find another store or at the very least a new rep.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Yeah, that's exactly what happened, the AM was like, we don't even have the demo units or the promotional materials. I said it supposed to be out this week and he said he hadn't hear anything about a new release.

also, with the expected release date to be the 29th, i'm starting to think this will be easier to get in-store than originally thought. verizon stores around me have no demo units, no promotional materials, and seem to be clueless about a release date. if the release date is the 29th, isn't it pretty late in the game to not have the demo units and promo materials out?
    Last edited by pjfan9110; 11-25-2012 at 01:42 PM.

I noticed our local best buy pulled the Vzw Note II display model. It was up for the last 2 weeks. Thought that was strange.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i've always wondered how the worst managed cellular company ended up with the best network

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KSChris View Post
    The Verizon logo on the home button is pretty difficult to notice, at least on the white version. I just spent about 20 minutes playing with one at Best Buy (with people giving me the stink eye for spending so much time on it ) and I didn't even notice the logo until I specifically looked right at it.
    I looked at the home button. It seems like it could possibly be rubbed off using the sugar cube trick since it's just printed onto the button, but it may damage your button. IMHO it doesn't look as bad as people make it sound.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kjung7 View Post
    I looked at the home button. It seems like it could possibly be rubbed off using the sugar cube trick since it's just printed onto the button, but it may damage your button. IMHO it doesn't look as bad as people make it sound.

have u seen how the att logo is put on the back of that version of the phone?

does vzw use the same method?

Best Buy down here has had a Verizon demand for model out since early last week. When I saw it out I asked about purchase and was told not until 11/27.

I was in best buy again and spoke to the BB Mobile manager who has always been knowledgeable about phones, especially when my wife and I upgraded to our S3s,and he again said they were not on sale until Tuesday 11/27.

They could be clueless, but I'm hoping for a Tuesday purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by rpjohs View Post
    Best Buy down here has had a Verizon demand for model out since early last week. When I saw it out I asked about purchase and was told not until 11/27.

I was in best buy again and spoke to the BB Mobile manager who has always been knowledgeable about phones, especially when my wife and I upgraded to our S3s,and he again said they were not on sale until Tuesday 11/27.

They could be clueless, but I'm hoping for a Tuesday purchase.
    If they allow you to purchase on Tuesday, I'll be very upset, unless they ship mine tomorrow with overnight delivery.

They do ship overnight. BTW I think the OP has confused his release date in the title.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by burwil View Post
    They do ship overnight. BTW I think the OP has confused his release date in the title.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I thought I remembered overnight last time I ordered from them, but I keep reading posts about 2 day shipping.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I thought I remembered overnight last time I ordered from them, but I keep reading posts about 2 day shipping.
    My SGS3 shipped with 2 day, while my 4S shipped by overnight. Both shipping methods were free. Go figure.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

They will start shipping out tomorrow and most people should receive theirs on or before the 29th. I'm sure we'll all start to see our cards getting charged starting tomorrow..
    Thanked by 6:
    infmethod and Malcomn like this.

Global Posts
    4,347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    They will start shipping out tomorrow and most people should receive theirs on or before the 29th. I'm sure we'll all start to see our cards getting charged starting tomorrow..
    Nice.....seen any activity/information on a 32 GB version? I saw a thread in the main thread where some guy claims he knows about them.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm not expecting to see anything from VZW tomorrow

def. not expecting it to ship

Default It's offical, 11/29 is launch day

So if preorders are shipping tomorrow, when will they be available in the store? I have been hearing Tues.

Woohoo! That would be awesome! I'm off the next four days, so will be home for delivery and will have some time to play with my new toy before going back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    I'm not expecting to see anything from VZW tomorrow

def. not expecting it to ship
    Party pooper! LOL

Best news ever

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Wish the phone didn't cost 750 after taxes I really want one

I'm a superuser

Global Posts
    4,347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    Wish the phone didn't cost 750 after taxes I really want one

Just wait a little while after release - Swappa will have some.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Just wait a little while after release - Swappa will have some.
    That's what I'm hoping

I'm a superuser

I hope you're right dude!

Sent from my DROIDX (sold my GNex to buy the Galaxy Note II)
    What I had...
    What I have...
    Ebony/Black/Black Moto X
    Nexus 7 2013
    iPhone 5c

X X X
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast