It's offical, 11/29 is launch day

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Lack of expandable storage and battery is built in. The OS is too simple and lacks features that other phones have ( NFC, customizations, larger screens, more free apps and variety of phones. Also, apple forces you to use iTunes and overall are very fragile... these are some reasons...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
As someone who had the iPhone 5 and sold it within a month (mad a very good profit) and has been willing to use a crappy old flip phone while I wait for the GN2 to arrive, I can say for me its worth getting what Samsung has to offer in the GN2. I see so many benefits of the note pad and the S-Pen while on a call and how helpful it will be. So much so that I sold my iPad 3 (so long iOS and not going back) and got the GN 10.1 with S-Pen as well. Need to root it though and remove some of the bloatware I just don't need.

Verizon branding on the button, I wish it wasn't there but I'm not bothered enough by it to pay money for stickers or spend effort rubbing it off and risk damaging the button. It's there and that's life. But the GN2 I just put on Pre-Order (wanted NBD shipping but NO OPTION) so Thursday it is at work :)

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon logo on the home button is pretty difficult to notice, at least on the white version. I just spent about 20 minutes playing with one at Best Buy (with people giving me the stink eye for spending so much time on it :D ) and I didn't even notice the logo until I specifically looked right at it.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
How do you feel about Android phones, like the DNA, that have these same problems yet are getting a lot of hype right now?

We have had people come in asking about it, but when we do mention those lack of options, most never realize them until we bring them up.

The thing is, our store is like a bunch of phone nerds, we all know our stuff and really do a good job going into detail and trying to help customers pick out the best phone far them. I can't say that for other stores, but unfortunately you have idiots in every company.

I had a att employee tell me their HSPA+ is faster than LTE..... i LOLed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon logo on the home button is pretty difficult to notice, at least on the white version. I just spent about 20 minutes playing with one at Best Buy (with people giving me the stink eye for spending so much time on it :D ) and I didn't even notice the logo until I specifically looked right at it.

Does BB have any accessories for it? Docks, Car Docks, Cases, etc??

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

You are luck your BB has them to display, the ones by me only have the other carrier versions :'(

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen any accessories yet, the BB's near me have the flip cover cases for the GS3 so I would assume they have something but I didn't see much for them and who knows if its a regional/market thing or not. But the wireless manager that I always talk to gets a kick out of how many iphone accessories there are and how people flood in for that stuff.

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Is it really 700 full retail? Just saw that on Vzw site, that's a little silly if u ask me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

If you honestly think about how tiny the components are and everything packed into the device, $700 is actually about where the price should be. Take an iPad with lte, those are 700 and its 3x larger. I would've paid full price but I had to add another line anyways

Last edited:

pjfan9110

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Went to Verizon today and the assistant manager told me, he had no clue when the N2 would be releasing. I told him the website had them available for preorder and that would ship by 11/27, and he looked clueless. He said the reason they haven't announced the phone's release is because they prefer to sort out all of the bugs before they release samsung phones. He said Sprint and other companies release them right away because they are hurting for business so they sell phones with bugs.

I also told the guy that my fiance and i would both be getting the phone, one with an upgrade and one at full retail price. He was like, why would you buy that phone at retail price? I told him i still had my unlimited data plan, and i didn't want to lose it. I only use about 3 gigs a month, and he was like, that would be stupid to buy the phone at full retail price. So, I kindly told him that we only had one upgrade available on our plan. He also told me if I wanted to preorder that I'd have to do it online. Not a very good experience at VZW.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Went to Verizon today and the assistant manager told me, he had no clue when the N2 would be releasing. I told him the website had them available for preorder and that would ship by 11/27, and he looked clueless. He said the reason they haven't announced the phone's release is because they prefer to sort out all of the bugs before they release samsung phones. He said Sprint and other companies release them right away because they are hurting for business so they sell phones with bugs.

I also told the guy that my fiance and i would both be getting the phone, one with an upgrade and one at full retail price. He was like, why would you buy that phone at retail price? I told him i still had my unlimited data plan, and i didn't want to lose it. I only use about 3 gigs a month, and he was like, that would be stupid to buy the phone at full retail price. So, I kindly told him that we only had one upgrade available on our plan. He also told me if I wanted to preorder that I'd have to do it online. Not a very good experience at VZW.

Another classic example how reps and management are uninformed and just simply clueless. They don't know anything until either the promo materials arrive or they get the internal notification of a pending release. It sounds like you need to find another store or at the very least a new rep.

pjfan9110

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's exactly what happened, the AM was like, we don't even have the demo units or the promotional materials. I said it supposed to be out this week and he said he hadn't hear anything about a new release.

also, with the expected release date to be the 29th, i'm starting to think this will be easier to get in-store than originally thought. verizon stores around me have no demo units, no promotional materials, and seem to be clueless about a release date. if the release date is the 29th, isn't it pretty late in the game to not have the demo units and promo materials out?

Last edited:

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I looked at the home button. It seems like it could possibly be rubbed off using the sugar cube trick since it's just printed onto the button, but it may damage your button. IMHO it doesn't look as bad as people make it sound.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the home button. It seems like it could possibly be rubbed off using the sugar cube trick since it's just printed onto the button, but it may damage your button. IMHO it doesn't look as bad as people make it sound.

have u seen how the att logo is put on the back of that version of the phone?

does vzw use the same method?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt