Any Thunderbolters Upgrading to the Note 2?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If you're a launch day Bolter like myself many of us have an upgrade available today!! Are you getting the Note 2?!

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
If you're a launch day Bolter like myself many of us have an upgrade available today!! Are you getting the Note 2?!

Thunderdud IMHO. I had one and hated it. I'm sure you will be happy to dump that. Good luck with the note2. It's supose to be awesome.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thunderdud IMHO. I had one and hated it. I'm sure you will be happy to dump that. Good luck with the note2. It's supose to be awesome.

When I got the Thunderbolt I was coming from a BB Storm 1 which was absolutely horrendous so that jump was essentially evolutionary for me. I wonder if I will get the same feeling with all of the new features on the Note 2. Considering we have the oldest of the current generation of Verizon phones I feel that this will be a considerable upgrade and I can't wait!!

D07#AC

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I am a bolter looking forward to the note 2. Despite the bad wrap of the Thunderbolt, it has been a good phone for me. That said, the note 2 is a beast and I can't wait to get it.

jvbaseball

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

I've had a love hate relationship with my bolt. I'm really looking forward to getting the note. I'm going to wait a couple of days after launch though. The thunderbolt soured me on getting phone on "opening day." Everything I've read/ heard about the note sounds good, but I'm waiting too see if there are any problems with the Verizon model.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am a bolter looking forward to the note 2. Despite the bad wrap of the Thunderbolt, it has been a good phone for me. That said, the note 2 is a beast and I can't wait to get it.
Same here. I still really like the Tbolt but it's falling so far behind so fast now that it's becoming slow and sluggish. I've been rooted for a long time so that's helped extend the life of the Tbolt and with an extended battery that's slowly dieing, I am only getting 6-7 hours out of a full charge running Thundershed v 1.6 and lots of data drops recently. I will keep the Tbolt as a back up phone in case something happens to the Note 2 but I gladly ring in the new generation of phones and , like everyone else, I can't wait!!

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't have a thunderbolt but I have the original motorola droid. I have had this thing since launch day, I love it but its slow and has terrible battery life.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup, already pre-ordered the Note 2. Not using an upgrade though (even though I've had one available for a year, stopped playing the upgrade game when I got the Thunderbolt), but paying full retail. Of course as a side benefit to that, get to keep grandfathered unlimited data. My Thunderbolt is still going strong though, but it just feels long in the tooth to me and I'm ready to move on.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey 'Bolters I have a question for you all.

Is it true that you could bludgeon small animals with the extended battery attached to the phone? I heard it could be done.

Just curious......

:D

Grndlvl

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

I got my bolt on opening day as well. I was one of the lucky ones that never really had any problems with it. That said, I'm bored with it now. Can't to till it comes out.......on the 29th?

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
why yes, yes i am. i made deal with the devil (wife) last night. long story short, she destroyed her phone, i gave her my thunderbolt, 1 week later i couldnt take being without a phone. so i ordered the S3. like, not love but really like the S3. well yesterday i made a deal with her that i will give her my S3 and take back my thunderbolt for 1 month till 12/13 when i have an upgrade available and get the note 2. she shook on it. so in a month i will have the note 2 in my hand and SOOOOOO cant wait!!!

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey 'Bolters I have a question for you all.

Is it true that you could bludgeon small animals with the extended battery attached to the phone? I heard it could be done.

Just curious......

:D

Easily!! That's the first thing I noticed when I picked up the Note 2 was how much lighter it is and how thin it is compared to the Bolt with extended battery. Sadly the Note 2 feels like it could only just barely swat a fly and maybe even then it would still live.

JWatson4701

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Another launch day bolter here. Mine is still kicking strong... aside from the 4G data dropping, the right-most side of the screen no longer being touch sensitive, and just recently the entire screen registering touches that aren't happening... But otherwise working great! Just hope the Note 2 can live up to the good ol tbolt!

scott750

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
When I got the Thunderbolt I was coming from a BB Storm 1 which was absolutely horrendous so that jump was essentially evolutionary for me. I wonder if I will get the same feeling with all of the new features on the Note 2. Considering we have the oldest of the current generation of Verizon phones I feel that this will be a considerable upgrade and I can't wait!!

I was in the same boat as you, but came from a BB Storm 2. The Thunderbolt was leaps and bound better than the BB. And I rooted mine 8 months ago to Gingeritis v1.2. It at least kept the phone fresh for awhile, but now it's getting stale again.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you, but came from a BB Storm 2. The Thunderbolt was leaps and bound better than the BB. And I rooted mine 8 months ago to Gingeritis v1.2. It at least kept the phone fresh for awhile, but now it's getting stale again.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

I ran gingeritis for almost a year and about a month ago I jumped to AOSP which is sick compares to gingeritis. If you want to freshen up your phone try out Thundershed man. I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37