Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Default Any Thunderbolters Upgrading to the Note 2?

If you're a launch day Bolter like myself many of us have an upgrade available today!! Are you getting the Note 2?!

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Re: Any Thunderbolters Upgrading to the Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    If you're a launch day Bolter like myself many of us have an upgrade available today!! Are you getting the Note 2?!

Thunderdud IMHO. I had one and hated it. I'm sure you will be happy to dump that. Good luck with the note2. It's supose to be awesome.

Any Thunderbolters Upgrading to the Note 2?
    Well yaa.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Thunderdud IMHO. I had one and hated it. I'm sure you will be happy to dump that. Good luck with the note2. It's supose to be awesome.
    When I got the Thunderbolt I was coming from a BB Storm 1 which was absolutely horrendous so that jump was essentially evolutionary for me. I wonder if I will get the same feeling with all of the new features on the Note 2. Considering we have the oldest of the current generation of Verizon phones I feel that this will be a considerable upgrade and I can't wait!!

I am a bolter looking forward to the note 2. Despite the bad wrap of the Thunderbolt, it has been a good phone for me. That said, the note 2 is a beast and I can't wait to get it.

I've had a love hate relationship with my bolt. I'm really looking forward to getting the note. I'm going to wait a couple of days after launch though. The thunderbolt soured me on getting phone on "opening day." Everything I've read/ heard about the note sounds good, but I'm waiting too see if there are any problems with the Verizon model.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by D07#AC View Post
    I am a bolter looking forward to the note 2. Despite the bad wrap of the Thunderbolt, it has been a good phone for me. That said, the note 2 is a beast and I can't wait to get it.
    Same here. I still really like the Tbolt but it's falling so far behind so fast now that it's becoming slow and sluggish. I've been rooted for a long time so that's helped extend the life of the Tbolt and with an extended battery that's slowly dieing, I am only getting 6-7 hours out of a full charge running Thundershed v 1.6 and lots of data drops recently. I will keep the Tbolt as a back up phone in case something happens to the Note 2 but I gladly ring in the new generation of phones and , like everyone else, I can't wait!!

Don't have a thunderbolt but I have the original motorola droid. I have had this thing since launch day, I love it but its slow and has terrible battery life.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

I have the Tbolt, and it's gotten slow and horrible. CAN'T WAIT.

Yup, already pre-ordered the Note 2. Not using an upgrade though (even though I've had one available for a year, stopped playing the upgrade game when I got the Thunderbolt), but paying full retail. Of course as a side benefit to that, get to keep grandfathered unlimited data. My Thunderbolt is still going strong though, but it just feels long in the tooth to me and I'm ready to move on.

Hey 'Bolters I have a question for you all.

Is it true that you could bludgeon small animals with the extended battery attached to the phone? I heard it could be done.

Just curious......

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D07#AC View Post
    I got my bolt on opening day as well. I was one of the lucky ones that never really had any problems with it. That said, I'm bored with it now. Can't to till it comes out.......on the 29th?

why yes, yes i am. i made deal with the devil (wife) last night. long story short, she destroyed her phone, i gave her my thunderbolt, 1 week later i couldnt take being without a phone. so i ordered the S3. like, not love but really like the S3. well yesterday i made a deal with her that i will give her my S3 and take back my thunderbolt for 1 month till 12/13 when i have an upgrade available and get the note 2. she shook on it. so in a month i will have the note 2 in my hand and SOOOOOO cant wait!!!

Global Posts
    4,557 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have a Thunderbolt sitting in my closet......haha
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Hey 'Bolters I have a question for you all.

Is it true that you could bludgeon small animals with the extended battery attached to the phone? I heard it could be done.

Just curious......

Easily!! That's the first thing I noticed when I picked up the Note 2 was how much lighter it is and how thin it is compared to the Bolt with extended battery. Sadly the Note 2 feels like it could only just barely swat a fly and maybe even then it would still live.

Another launch day bolter here. Mine is still kicking strong... aside from the 4G data dropping, the right-most side of the screen no longer being touch sensitive, and just recently the entire screen registering touches that aren't happening... But otherwise working great! Just hope the Note 2 can live up to the good ol tbolt!

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom / Non-Rooted

When I got the Thunderbolt I was coming from a BB Storm 1 which was absolutely horrendous so that jump was essentially evolutionary for me. I wonder if I will get the same feeling with all of the new features on the Note 2. Considering we have the oldest of the current generation of Verizon phones I feel that this will be a considerable upgrade and I can't wait!!

I was in the same boat as you, but came from a BB Storm 2. The Thunderbolt was leaps and bound better than the BB. And I rooted mine 8 months ago to Gingeritis v1.2. It at least kept the phone fresh for awhile, but now it's getting stale again.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Yep, day one tbolt owner. Preordered my Note2 yesterday as soon as I could.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    Yep, day one tbolt owner. Preordered my Note2 yesterday as soon as I could.
    Glad to hear there are a bunch of us moving to the Samsung side. Pretty excited I will say indeed.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by scott750 View Post
    I was in the same boat as you, but came from a BB Storm 2. The Thunderbolt was leaps and bound better than the BB. And I rooted mine 8 months ago to Gingeritis v1.2. It at least kept the phone fresh for awhile, but now it's getting stale again.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
    I ran gingeritis for almost a year and about a month ago I jumped to AOSP which is sick compares to gingeritis. If you want to freshen up your phone try out Thundershed man. I love it.

as a currently relatively happy thunderbolt owner, i am considering a note 2 and dna. though, i can't count out the s3 or razr hd, or even a preowned galaxy nexus off ebay yet. i really dont know what i want to get. i am giving myself until christmas time to figure it out.

i guess i could stick with the thunderbolt, but i am just bored with it. i could root it, but i always was and am scared i will brick it. i think i could get $80-100 on ebay for it, so i dont want to screw up the phone and lose any potential income.

any suggestions on what i should get and why?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by enfuego360 View Post
    as a currently relatively happy thunderbolt owner, i am considering a note 2 and dna. though, i can't count out the s3 or razr hd, or even a preowned galaxy nexus off ebay yet. i really dont know what i want to get. i am giving myself until christmas time to figure it out.

i guess i could stick with the thunderbolt, but i am just bored with it. i could root it, but i always was and am scared i will brick it. i think i could get $80-100 on ebay for it, so i dont want to screw up the phone and lose any potential income.

any suggestions on what i should get and why?
    I fully suggest rooting it especially if you want to refresh your Thunderbolt experience. With each ROM you try it will feel like a new phone. Check out Thundershed which is what I'm currently running and I feel like the phone is blazing fast now.

I started with the Thunderbolt day 1. Bought the Razr Max day 1. Recently sold the thunderbolt to verizon for 45 dollars. Now I ordered the Note 2 full price
    to keep unlimited data. Plan to sell the Razr Max to verizon for 115 dollars. Couldn't take the thunderbolt battery after 10 months. Was happy with the Max,
    was part of the soak test for ICS, but lately the web stops dead in the middle of surfing. Soo, I took the plunge. While searching Amazon for a case, I found an extra battery for 7.99, a 6200 mA extended with back cover for 14.99, and screen protecters (3) for 3.99. Plus 9 dollars shipping. I took a chance. 30.91 dollars shipped.

EZOPower Standard Lithium-Ion Replacement Battery - 3100mAh
    EZOPower High Capacity Extended Replacement Battery (6200mAh) + Black Door for Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 N7100 4G LTE Android Smartphone
    iKross 3pcs Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector Film Guard for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android SmartPhone

I also had the Verizon Thunderbolt on day 1. Was great for about a year, then went downhill for various reasons. Verizon was nice enough to give me the Razr Maxx as a replacement. I'm now considering getting the Samsung Note 2.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    I also had the Verizon Thunderbolt on day 1. Was great for about a year, then went downhill for various reasons. Verizon was nice enough to give me the Razr Maxx as a replacement. I'm now considering getting the Samsung Note 2.
    With everyone getting tons of replacement phones where do you get this warranty? Or is it a Verizon warranty or the asurion deal? I had the asuriom but it just isn't worth the expense to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast