Should I switch to Sprint and get the Note 2 ?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmmmmm. Based on an informal survey, it seems everyone thinks Sprint S*cks, and I should stay with Verizon especially for the grandfathered unlimited 4G. Am I reading this right?

Sounds about right to me. Sprint made various missteps, in particular going with Wimax, and is now trying feverishly to play catch up. That's going to take a while, so I'd be very wary of their service regardless of their plans and/or promises. Frankly, IMO you have a golden egg having Verizon's grandfathered unlimited data (I do too). So, before I could even consider giving that up, I'd have to know without a doubt that Sprint could provide the same service and LTE coverage. :)

Agreed. What good is unlimited if it's inferior and spotty and best? Better to pay more for better service and less frustration.

My thoughts exactly! There's a lot of truth to the axiom "You get what you pay for". :)

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm a sprint user mark my words stay with Verizon Sprint screwed themselves when we had Wimax 4g it was fast but now they took those towers down to build LTE towers and it's moving in a slow pace so we have nothing but 3g true indeed it's unlimited but very very slow Sprint has a lot of powerful great phones but you can't utilize all its features with slow data services

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes stay with Verizon sprint might have a date set for LTE in your city but they never come through on time if you can wait till February and by then the note 2 will go down on price so you won't have to spend so much I've been with sprint for 8 years and I'm waiting to leave because where I live is not a priorty and sure sprint has great customer service but that's all it has imo

Sent from my PC36100

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll chime in as a former Sprint customer and say their coverage sucks. On VZW, staying there for the time being. I travel a lot domestically for work and so far Big Red has been the best network. Not that I like a lot of their policies....................

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes stay with Verizon sprint might have a date set for LTE in your city but they never come through on time if you can wait till February and by then the note 2 will go down on price so you won't have to spend so much I've been with sprint for 8 years and I'm waiting to leave because where I live is not a priorty and sure sprint has great customer service but that's all it has imo

Sent from my PC36100

Tbh sprint is actually ahead of schedule in Chicago

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
In the Bay area I am lucky to see 0.8 MB/sec with my Evo 4G (not LTE) on sprint. Sprint LTE devices are even slower off LTE which is just coming into the Bay Area.

FWIW, I am switching from Sprint to Verizon and will get a 2 GB/mo plan.

Marty Ladusaw

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Sprint has a list of charges they lied to me about when I bought my Note 2 that no person even thinking completely of the box could imagine. I've been with them over 14 years but could not tolerate the unethical business tactics they recently adopted. I highly recommend not doing business with Sprint!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana