Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Am I too OLD to be this excited?!

So, this is sort of an informal poll to see how old most of the people who are overly excited about getting their Note 2.

At just over 50, should I be this excited over a phone?? I mean, I know I've always been a gadget freak, but I would imagine most of you guys (and girls) here are much younger.

Let me know!

Thanks...

Default Re: Am I too OLD to be this excited?!

I'm 44 and feel the same way! Trying to be patient waiting for the phone to ship, but feel like a kid at Christmas, can't wait! I already have all my accessories, just need the most important part yet! lol
    jodyberry and mrxblue like this.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    So, this is sort of an informal poll to see how old most of the people who are overly excited about getting their Note 2.

At just over 50, should I be this excited over a phone?? I mean, I know I've always been a gadget freak, but I would imagine most of you guys (and girls) here are much younger.

Let me know!

Thanks...
    jodyberry likes this.

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

I'm 28 and also super excited about this phone. All day long I'm checking for updates and seeing what's going on with any news. Looking for early release dates and all that jazz. Gadgets are awesome and this one is pretty much the ultimate gadget. Years ago you'd have to have 5 different gadgets to do what this thing does. 11/29 please come soon!!!!

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
    jodyberry likes this.

ROM
    Stock

30 over here. This is pretty much the only thing i get excited about. everything else is meh, but when there is a new phone coming out that i want to buy i read/watch everything i can about it.
    svenEDGE and jodyberry like this.

21 here. Currently in class reading about it..I want it now lol. Constantly checking order status and email. I hate you verizon. 10 more days? Come on=[

Quote Originally Posted by the devastator View Post
    30 over here. This is pretty much the only thing i get excited about. everything else is meh, but when there is a new phone coming out that i want to buy i read/watch everything i can about it.
    I'm the exact same way. I'm usually very mellow and don't get too excited about stuff but phones get me going crazy like a kid who just won a toys r us shopping spree. I'm 20 btw.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    What I had...
    What I have...
    Ebony/Black/Black Moto X
    Nexus 7 2013
    iPhone 5c

X X X

I'm only 19 but phones are the only thing that get my excitement. I love rumors and speculation. You're never too old to be passionate about something! I know I'll still get excited about this stuff when I'm 50. (Assuming we still use cell phones haha)
    jodyberry likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by kris.richards View Post
    I'm only 19 but phones are the only thing that get my excitement. I love rumors and speculation. You're never too old to be passionate about something! I know I'll still get excited about this stuff when I'm 50. (Assuming we still use cell phones haha)
    It'll probably be a brain/cochlear implant. All you have to do is "Think" about calling someone and it'll happen!

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Yes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Procrastinate now, don't put it off.

20 year old engineering student here and I can't wait to use the s-note features!

28 and I love receiving new gadgets!

41 here, and very excited! This is my first preordered phone and first android device!!

Check out Verizon community forums, as there is someone who just posted that they called and got a tracking number for her Note2!! Says it shows it shipped Friday and is arriving tomorrow through FedEx. They preordered in store though.

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHorses View Post
    41 here, and very excited! This is my first preordered phone and first android device!!

Check out Verizon community forums, as there is someone who just posted that they called and got a tracking number for her Note2!! Says it shows it shipped Friday and is arriving tomorrow through FedEx. They preordered in store though.
    Can you post a link to those forums please?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    Can you post a link to those forums please?

CallLatin was the poster:

47 here. I can't wait!
    jodyberry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JWatson4701 View Post
    20 year old engineering student here and I can't wait to use the s-note features!
    This is what I am most excited about.

So did I, in store they told me it will ship the 16th at the earliest, 27th at the very latest. I still haven't gotten anything...
    jodyberry likes this.

57 here and I am ashamed how much getting a new phone excites me! I read EVERYTHING I can...I mean a real obession until it arrives! I ordered it at 7:00 AM on Oct 25th and this wait is unbearable. Luckily, my wife doesn't make fun of me, at least not to my face, ha!
    Cory
    drum747, jodyberry and mrxblue like this.

To all who say they're embarrassed or ashamed to be excited - DON'T BE! Way too many people today don't get excited over anything anymore, & that's just sad. Being excited means that there's excitement in your life - ENJOY IT! And age has nothing to do with it, it means you're still alive - not just living! (By the way, do you see my excitement with all my exclamation points? )

I'm 38 & I'm excited to be finally get this device! I've been following it for months, been sitting on my upgrade the whole time with a dying phone & I think my wife is getting really sick of me talking about it all the time.

I am also obsessed I'm constantly on YouTube looking for new videos and on the forum to see what everyone is saying about this beautiful phone I can't wait to get my hands on one

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Huggie87 View Post
    I am also obsessed I'm constantly on YouTube looking for new videos and on the forum to see what everyone is saying about this beautiful phone I can't wait to get my hands on one

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    I search through YouTube everyday to see if there are any new ones, and if there isn't I watch a good old one! I should know everything about this phone before I get it!
    Cory

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    I search through YouTube everyday to see if there are any new ones, and if there isn't I watch a good old one! I should know everything about this phone before I get it!
    Post up your favorites please

Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    CallLatin was the poster:

Well this person receives their SIM card not the Note2. Do they really ship the SIM cards separately???

Global Posts
    4,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well this person receives their SIM card not the Note2. Do they really ship the SIM cards separately???
    If you requested a new SIM card (if you already have a 4g device, the system will ask if you want to use the same SIM card you have) or don't have a 4g device, the SIM card will come in the box with the device. If you need one and didn't request it, you can get one at Verizon at no charge.

43 and also excited. Pre ordered through Best Buy last week, already received a case. Put the case in my pocket, up to my head and here comes the wife saying what a Dork I am. Lol. Like a kid counting down to Xmas morning.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast