Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    4,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: How do you actually activate a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    I'm jealous. Its sunny here in NY but simultaneously 30f. Not good. Way way too cold.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
    We actually had a cold morning (cold to us - 37) but getting the upper 70's later. Shorts at Christmas!! haha
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    We actually had a cold morning (cold to us - 37) but getting the upper 70's later. Shorts at Christmas!! haha
    Man I'm so jealous. That's the perfect temperature. I used tto love the cold and snow but now, I could certainly do without!!

Do you know if there's a way that my girlfriends phone can be reactivated so she doesn't have to do anything? She's at work and once I activate the Note 2 it will deactivate her phone and I will have no way to contact her to help her if need be.

Haha, Florida? You can keep the warmth and humidity. Spent ten years in SoFlaw (South Florida) and it about fried my brain (doesn't agree with my Minnesota blood). I'll take the full change of seasons over the two (Summer and summer) down there.

Global Posts
    4,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Man I'm so jealous. That's the perfect temperature. I used tto love the cold and snow but now, I could certainly do without!!

Do you know if there's a way that my girlfriends phone can be reactivated so she doesn't have to do anything? She's at work and once I activate the Note 2 it will deactivate her phone and I will have no way to contact her to help her if need be.

The only thing I could suggest is to call her just before you activate the GN2. Tell her to wait 10 minutes or so, then do the *228 thing, then have her call you when she's done.

Global Posts
    4,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Haha, Florida? You can keep the warmth and humidity. Spent ten years in SoFlaw (South Florida) and it about fried my brain (doesn't agree with my Minnesota blood). I'll take the full change of seasons over the two (Summer and summer) down there.
    I agree - this humidity is a beyatch.....this is the best time of the year. Soon, all the q-tips (aka Snowbirds) will be here from up north. lol
    Synycalwon likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Once I deactivate the Note 2, how do I actually reactive onto my unlimited line? Online?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Trust me when I say it would be easier to go to a store and let them do it since you have to do the swap. If it was simply and activation, go for it but in your case 15 minutes in the store and your golden.
    Tried calling VZW and doing the switch will not work aaccording to them. They're wrong for sure so I'm heading to a corporate store now to see what I can do there.

Tried calling VZW and doing the switch will not work aaccording to them. They're wrong for sure so I'm heading to a corporate store now to see what I can do there.

you may have to get them to swap out for a new SIM - once the original one is provisioned I think it's permanently associated. Seem to remember reading that in an iPhone forum for folks trying to keep their unlimited data plans there.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
    you may have to get them to swap out for a new SIM - once the original one is provisioned I think it's permanently associated. Seem to remember reading that in an iPhone forum for folks trying to keep their unlimited data plans there.
    I'm at a corporate Verizon store now getting it done hopefully.

Verizon can do all that over the phone, they did mine last week! Sim was reprogrammed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

I'm at a corporate Verizon store now getting it done hopefully.

It ended up working out well at the corporate store. So the swap happened perfectly!!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I called customer service and was very direct.... I told them that i ordered and upgrade for Line B, but would like to connect to Line A. They said no problem with no questions asked. Took about 10 mins while waiting for the their system to make the switch and for the sim card to activate.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I called customer service and was very direct.... I told them that i ordered and upgrade for Line B, but would like to connect to Line A. They said no problem with no questions asked. Took about 10 mins while waiting for the their system to make the switch and for the sim card to activate.
    It's crazy that their service and outcomes vary so widely between different people doing the exact same thing. I explained exactly what I was doing and they flat out said no. Then, I went to a corporate Verizon store and had it done in 15 minutes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

It's crazy that their service and outcomes vary so widely between different people doing the exact same thing. I explained exactly what I was doing and they flat out said no. Then, I went to a corporate Verizon store and had it done in 15 minutes.

For other people attempting to do this:
    I'd say just hang up and call again till you get a different CSR. And make sure you don't tell them that you were trying to get around the unlimited data thing, Just say i want to switch from A to B. if they ask why just say because the person with the other line changed their mind and that you want it.

I told the Verizon Rep in the store today what I was going to do and he didn't like it. He said I couldn't do it, told him I already had last week and would do it again with the note 2.

Called customer service tonight and they did it no problem, they're not losing any money. They get it all eventually!

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

I think you will lose the unlimited unless you paid full retail for the device

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post

You will only lose unlimited if you use an upgrade on the line that has unlimited. if you use another line and then switch it over as your own device you are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post

Just the facts ma'am, just the facts.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!

Global Posts
    4,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Awesome sauce. How are you liking it?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Awesome sauce. How are you liking it?
    One word...amazed. Coming from an awesomely rooted Thunberbolt though there are some features that I miss and I'm trying to adapt to Touchwiz over a launcher but hands down, this is the best phone I've ever used. It has all of my local iPhone users drueling. Loving my Spigen SGP Ultra Oleophobic screen protector and Seidio active as well and I plan on finishing my review of them both tonight in my other posts.

You get yours up and running?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12