Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What's the best MicroSD 32GB Card for Note 2?

Hi all,

I've read a bunch of scattered threads about MicroSD cards but would like to get some opinions on them here.

Mainly I was wondering if the Note 2's 1080p recording capability requires a particular speed memory card? I haven't bought a card in a while and I'm out of the loop on specs these days.

Some people have posted a great buy from Best Buy on a 32GB card - SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card SDSDQUI-032G-A11 - Best Buy

But some reviews got me thinking about throughput speed needed to do continuous 1080p recording. Someone was saying this card has ups and downs as far as speed. And then Joe The Insider mentioned Samsung cards being more consistent.

Maybe someone can school me on the specs I should be looking for in a 32GB card for the Note 2.

If it's not a big deal, I'll just get the one from Best Buy.

Thanks all!! And Happy Thanksgiving!

Global Posts
    4,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: What's the best MicroSD 32GB Card for Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    Hi all,

I've read a bunch of scattered threads about MicroSD cards but would like to get some opinions on them here.

Mainly I was wondering if the Note 2's 1080p recording capability requires a particular speed memory card? I haven't bought a card in a while and I'm out of the loop on specs these days.

Some people have posted a great buy from Best Buy on a 32GB card - SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card SDSDQUI-032G-A11 - Best Buy

But some reviews got me thinking about throughput speed needed to do continuous 1080p recording. Someone was saying this card has ups and downs as far as speed. And then Joe The Insider mentioned Samsung cards being more consistent.

Maybe someone can school me on the specs I should be looking for in a 32GB card for the Note 2.

If it's not a big deal, I'll just get the one from Best Buy.

Thanks all!! And Happy Thanksgiving!
    The Class 10 card is about the best you can get, as far as I know. Some have said the Class 10 is overkill for smart phones but there really isn't a big price difference between the Class 10 and Class 6. I have the SanDisk 64GB Class 10 and it's good for me.

I say if you can snag one, get that puppy.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I would agree, for the price difference between a 32GB and 64GB card you might want to consider the 64GB class 10, I got mine from amazon.com for under $60. Crazy how cheap they are now compared to a year or so back and what we all paid then.
    Thanked by:

I don't know how reliable Joe's info would be on that aspect. In another thread he ordered an sd card instead of micro sd.

The Nottinator

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Go to Amazon and get the 64GB micro-SD for $38 now! Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics

This is the price of the "lightning deal" but apparently they lowered the regular price to it too. Not sure how long it will last.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    I don't know how reliable Joe's info would be on that aspect. In another thread he ordered an sd card instead of micro sd.

The Nottinator
    I copied the wrong link, i know the difference bet ween the 2.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    Go to Amazon and get the 64GB micro-SD for $38 now! Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics

This is the price of the "lightning deal" but apparently they lowered the regular price to it too. Not sure how long it will last.
    Yep, picked up another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    I copied the wrong link, i know the difference bet ween the 2.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Ok, it happens.

The Nottinator
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks all!! I ended up getting the 32GB sandisk for $17.99.
    I thought about the 64GB but its another 20 bucks and I have already overspent on my other accessories!!
    Plus, on my DROID X I only have 16GB and have never maxed it out (not a heavy gamer or mp3 person )!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Is it better to have a 16g phone and a 32g card or a 32g phone and a 16g card? Are they the same? I guess what I am asking is this: If I move a game (or other app) to the sd card, does it run at the same speed when I use it as if it were on the phone? Does moving things to the sd card free up space on the phone and help it run faster? Are there some things that should be stored to the sd card, but not others? This has always bugged me not knowing...

Global Posts
    4,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by OffSpot2 View Post
    Is it better to have a 16g phone and a 32g card or a 32g phone and a 16g card? Are they the same? I guess what I am asking is this: If I move a game (or other app) to the sd card, does it run at the same speed when I use it as if it were on the phone? Does moving things to the sd card free up space on the phone and help it run faster? Are there some things that should be stored to the sd card, but not others? This has always bugged me not knowing...
    You can't store apps on the SD Card. Photos, music, movies, etc on your SD Card. All the apps are stored on the internal memory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    Thanks all!! I ended up getting the 32GB sandisk for $17.99.
    I thought about the 64GB but its another 20 bucks and I have already overspent on my other accessories!!
    Plus, on my DROID X I only have 16GB and have never maxed it out (not a heavy gamer or mp3 person )!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Good deal!!

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

With rooting there is a work around that will let you make the SDCard the primary storage, but I'm not sure I am going to go that route. Also I thought the add on data for games still goes to the storage card, is that not the case? Its hard to keep it all straight sometimes with so many threads and sites to read.

U had the the thunderbolt. Cane with a 32gig. have the rezound using the same card. Will on the note2 as well

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Is there a difference between this card and the "Mobile" version? On the Sandisk site, it looks like the "Mobile" version includes a "Memory Zone" app for Android that simplifies file management.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus303 View Post
    Is there a difference between this card and the "Mobile" version? On the Sandisk site, it looks like the "Mobile" version includes a "Memory Zone" app for Android that simplifies file management.
    Question : Is there a program that will read what type of SD card is installed ? Like CPUID ?

Yes apps can be saved to the sd card all my apps are saved on my card and when i transfered my memory card to my note 2 all my apps loaded automatically