Is it worth trading for

K Bear

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to Verizon. I wanted the Note II, but due to circumstances, had to go with the DROID RAZR. Is it worth it to wait for the Note II to release & do a device swap? I'm coming from using HTC devices for some time. I'm finding I'm having to download too many apps to make this thing useable. Is the Note II more user friendly?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For me it was worth it, but everyone's use and case is different. I really wanted the larger screen, S-Pen functionality and features and ultimately I am done buying Motorola devices until Google has some real control and influence on what comes along. Between HTC and Motorola they have broken all of their promises to upgrade phones, unlock bootloaders (Motorola hasn't) etc.

Samsung's touchwiz isn't the crappy UI it used to be and they have really come out lately and pushed the design. its a big phone so you have to check it out and be sure you can deal with it before you swap it. With Verizon you get only 1 chance and that's within 14 days, Best Buy on the other hand does 30 days.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
are you still within your 14days to return? If so, I would say do it! To me, and this is just my opinion, the razr is outdated already with the maxx, and maxx HD. The note 2 is the next best thing, how would you feel about the screen size?

K Bear

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all for your honesty. I appreciate it. I'm actually looking for more screen room. I use my phone more for reading articles, GPS functions, & music. Going to a 5" screen will not be a problem. My only concern is the durability & functionality of the note. I work in the medical field & need something that will work well with enterprise e-mail & for browsing educational sites.

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If those are your requirements, I think he Note 2 would suit your needs better than your current phone. Note 2 is jam packed with features. One feature that might help you a lot, is being able to few sites that have drop-down menus, note 2 is able to view the drop down boxes, unlike other phones. I haven't heard of another phone with that feature, a huge plus if you plan to use it for web surfing. There was a demo that showed it at the porsche website.

As for durability, I think it'll be like any other phone. Treat it right and it'll last you long. But for peace of mind, you should get the insurance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20