Any word on Costco date or deals?

awiz

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Still no word at my Costco as to when they will be getting the phone in (as of yesterday). I can wait a couple weeks, I suppose. My only reason for buying at Costco is the free accessories.

mlbfreaks2765

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Taken from membershipwireless.com (Costco Wireless)
Image.ashx

Look carefully at the white phone, notice something about the home button. ;)

awiz

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I just called my local Costco Wireless and they finally have some information: "...after the 10th." "So maybe the 11th?" "Yes."

So I guess I'll call again on the 10th or 11th to verify.

huey123

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just called my local Costco Wireless and they finally have some information: "...after the 10th." "So maybe the 11th?" "Yes."

So I guess I'll call again on the 10th or 11th to verify.

Do you think it'll actually be available in store/online for order at that time or straight to backorder like Amazon today?
Also, did the guy sound like he had information "from corporate" or just one of the hunches like the sales reps stating it was gonna be available today?

aventador779

May 18, 2012
Visit site
So I called two costcos, one said at the earliest is next Monday, but probably mid-next week. The other said mid-December.

Just wondering, if Costco has the AT&T Note II and the upgrade price is a whopping $350, will Verizon's (upgrade, Costco) price also be $350? Because then what's the point of WAITING and ordering from them at a higher price? I even have a $50 credit available with Verizon, I am only planning to buy from Costco because they discount about $20-30 and charge taxes from the amount of the phone, not the original price like Verizon ($699) AND they have a 90 day exchange (return too) policy.

awiz

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Also, did the guy sound like he had information "from corporate" or just one of the hunches like the sales reps stating it was gonna be available today?

Well he's been telling me for a week that he doesn't know, and this time he finally got information from someone - not sure who.

I don't think they'll sell it for more than Verizon's price - they wouldn't be able to sell it, I would think. Plus, they're Costco - they don't sell things for more than the retail you get elsewhere, or they wouldn't be in business.

Costco doesn't refund upgrade charges, only activation charges on new lines. I think the benefit is the accessory package plus Costco warranty (and occasionally a phone discount, but not on this one any time soon, I would bet).

huey123

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That definitely sounds a little more real. Hopefully it's true.
My issue is, even if it's released next week, will it be immediately back-ordered ala Amazon or will we actually be able to get it in store that day? I'm not sure if there's a way to know that beforehand so I might just buy the model I want at a local Verizon store tomorrow and be done with it. Don't want to wait too long and have it run out at local Verizon stores and then not even get it delivered till right before Christmas.
What do you guys think?

Well he's been telling me for a week that he doesn't know, and this time he finally got information from someone - not sure who.

I don't think they'll sell it for more than Verizon's price - they wouldn't be able to sell it, I would think. Plus, they're Costco - they don't sell things for more than the retail you get elsewhere, or they wouldn't be in business.

Costco doesn't refund upgrade charges, only activation charges on new lines. I think the benefit is the accessory package plus Costco warranty (and occasionally a phone discount, but not on this one any time soon, I would bet).

aventador779

May 18, 2012
Visit site
So I called my local Costco and they said they are getting the Note II TOMORROW (Monday).

The price is going to be a WHOPPING $329! But for the average person that price will be about the same as with Verizon because you are paying tax from the $329, not the $699, but plus you're getting that accessory kit and other things like the SquareTrade insurance, but IMO the Best Buy Geeksquad insurance is much better. ($10/mo, no deductible, replace as many times as you want. SquareTrade is $99 for two years, which I most likely won't be with the phone for two years, and plus a $25 deductible, and you can only replace 4 times.)

I have a $50 upgrade credit (which 3rd party retailers don't take) so I am going to buy from Verizon. Such a shame, I could already have had the Note II for half a month already.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
So I called my local Costco and they said they are getting the Note II TOMORROW (Monday).

The price is going to be a WHOPPING $329! But for the average person that price will be about the same as with Verizon because you are paying tax from the $329, not the $699, but plus you're getting that accessory kit and other things like the SquareTrade insurance, but IMO the Best Buy Geeksquad insurance is much better. ($10/mo, no deductible, replace as many times as you want. SquareTrade is $99 for two years, which I most likely won't be with the phone for two years, and plus a $25 deductible, and you can only replace 4 times.)

I have a $50 upgrade credit (which 3rd party retailers don't take) so I am going to buy from Verizon. Such a shame, I could already have had the Note II for half a month already.

Paid 299.00. No tax and 20% off accessories in NH at Verizon. :cool:

huey123

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info and agree if I end up going with Verizon it would've been nice having the phone for the past two weeks.
Do you know if $329 is the basic 2 year or does that include the upgrade fee (it's not online yet)? I'm buying on a business account so we're supposed to get the upgrade fee reimbursed but who knows if they'll actually end up honoring it if I get it at a third-party as opposed to at Verizon. So I guess for most people the decision is whether the 90 days vs. 30 days (holiday 1/9 return date) is worth it to pay about $10 more at Costco. Don't think the accessory package makes up the price difference (I could be wrong depending on if anything in there is useful) so it's really the extra 60 days to return it (though they probably won't have anything else interesting worth getting at Costco.
Anyone else have thoughts?

aventador779

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info and agree if I end up going with Verizon it would've been nice having the phone for the past two weeks.
Do you know if $329 is the basic 2 year or does that include the upgrade fee (it's not online yet)? I'm buying on a business account so we're supposed to get the upgrade fee reimbursed but who knows if they'll actually end up honoring it if I get it at a third-party as opposed to at Verizon. So I guess for most people the decision is whether the 90 days vs. 30 days (holiday 1/9 return date) is worth it to pay about $10 more at Costco. Don't think the accessory package makes up the price difference (I could be wrong depending on if anything in there is useful) so it's really the extra 60 days to return it (though they probably won't have anything else interesting worth getting at Costco.
Anyone else have thoughts?

I think it's the regular price considering they said the AT&T Note II is $349. And yeah I find the accessory pack worthless :p

awiz

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Since I have an upgrade credit, looks like I need to reconsider my shopping plans.

I've heard it's possible to get discounts on accessories, so please post if you know of discounts because I do want accessories.

huey123

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys referring to old new every 2 credits? I'm on a business account where the upgrade fee is retroactively credited to the account. Do you think it's fine to buy 3rd party and it will still be reimbursed? That'd be an extra $30 upgrade fee if not. Lot's of confusing info out there so not sure.

Thanks for the info. Since I have an upgrade credit, looks like I need to reconsider my shopping plans.

I've heard it's possible to get discounts on accessories, so please post if you know of discounts because I do want accessories.

awiz

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Went to Verizon. Turned I out to be a good choice since I had accidentally changed my account from unlimited data to one of the new ones 17 days previous when I was researching plans. Rep was able to get my old plan back and do the deal. (See "keeping unlimited data" threads. ) $351 including case (20% off)and subtracting $30 upgrade credit.

mansouan

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Went to Verizon. Turned I out to be a good choice since I had accidentally changed my account from unlimited data to one of the new ones 17 days previous when I was researching plans. Rep was able to get my old plan back and do the deal. (See "keeping unlimited data" threads. ) $351 including case (20% off)and subtracting $30 upgrade credit.

awiz,

Can you please provide some more details? How did you get the rep to do this? Also, where are these "keeping unlimited data" threads of which you speak, here on androidforums?

Thanks in advance