Any word on Costco date or deals?

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I have not been to Costco in a month or so but was wondering if anyone had stopped by to see what type of deals they were going to have or the cons of going with costco vs VZW website or store. I know they usually bundle stuff but I have never actually upgraded with them before. DO they still have a 90 day return on phones also?Thanks Thristy

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I have been on vacation, but I work at Costco. Yes we still do the 90 day return, not sure on any deals sincwe I havent been there in like 2 weeks. I go back Wednesday, I can let you know then. Usually they are about20-30 bucks cheaper regardless and can get your upgrade fee waived sometimes.

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Went to my local costco last week, but i don't recall them having any GN2 for any providers. I'm hoping they will have some soon, as I like buying the phones through them. Activation fee waived and comes with accessories.

jengobengo

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
They pulled out a mock model when I asked if they had anything I could check out. No price until November 29 they said...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Went to Costco.com -> electronics -> cell phone section

And saw SGN2 listed for

Att for $299 grey
T-Mobile $369 grey
T-Mobile $369 white

They may not have it for Verizon though. I see that they have the original note but didn't offer the note for Verizon either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Went to Costco.com -> electronics -> cell phone section

And saw SGN2 listed for

Att for $299 grey
T-Mobile $369 grey
T-Mobile $369 white

They may not have it for Verizon though. I see that they have the original note but didn't offer the note for Verizon either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Thanks the note one was never released for vzw so hopefully they will have the two! Also I'll be upgrading on another line coscto shouldn't care that I then place the new phone on my unlimited line correct? Or are they like amazon where j need to keep it on the same line.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sadly we don't have Costco where I live, but there is a rumor we may be getting one in a new mixed use development project. Now that would be cool and I would happily drop my BJ's membership for Costco. I have always heard good things, you guys and gals are lucky :)

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it just recently got put up on their website. for At&t it says "new". I'm thinking verizon's model won't be out for awhile after it's released.

On a side note, anyone notice it's "retail price" is only $499 for At&t and $569 for T-mobile? Wonder if those prices are correct, that's helluva deal if so.

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've never activated/upgraded a new phone at Costco.com but from my discussions with a Verizon technical rep., they told me to make sure I explicitly tell the person activating the new phone to make sure that it's applied to the phone number that had the unlimited data plan(if you're using Verizon like me)

I didn't pre-order my SGN2 through Costco, but I'm upgrading similar to how you're gong it. I'm using a non-smartphone family members account to get the upgrade price, but replacing my Gnex with it. You should be able to retain all your existing voice and data stuff(including unlimited Verizon data).

Thanks the note one was never released for vzw so hopefully they will have the two! Also I'll be upgrading on another line coscto shouldn't care that I then place the new phone on my unlimited line correct? Or are they like amazon where j need to keep it on the same line.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I've never activated/upgraded a new phone at Costco.com but from my discussions with a Verizon technical rep., they told me to make sure I explicitly tell the person activating the new phone to make sure that it's applied to the phone number that had the unlimited data plan(if you're using Verizon like me)

I didn't pre-order my SGN2 through Costco, but I'm upgrading similar to how you're gong it. I'm using a non-smartphone family members account to get the upgrade price, but replacing my Gnex with it. You should be able to retain all your existing voice and data stuff(including unlimited Verizon data).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

that is exactly what I want to do exactly my plan now if people stop flaking and buy my galaxy s3 I would be set to be ready for my galaxy note 2

awiz

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Costco is supposed to have the Note II for Verizon today, according to people I talked to a few days ago, but I'll call before I go. Who said you could keep your unlimited data? My understanding is that's only for 3G phones and not permissible with the Note. If I can keep my unlimited data, please let me know how ASAP. The Verizon website and a Verizon rep already told me I can't.

awiz

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Update: The Wireless Advocates guy at my Costco said they do not have the Note II for Verizon today, and have not been given a date when they will. Perhaps it will show up on their website (Costco Wireless - link) on that day.

Last edited:

huey123

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Called again today but they still don't have the Verizon version. Was at the store over the weekend and talked with a kiosk manager who seemed very sure they were getting it soon. Not sure if she mistook the AT&T/T-Mobile version for the Verizon one though. If they were about 3 weeks delayed getting it for those carriers does anyone else think it'll be the same 3-4 weeks delay till Big Red? Is it just worth getting it at a Verizon Store with the extended holiday till January 9th return date?

billythec

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My costco kiosk rep said they will have them soon. That was Saturday Dec 1st. Some people have been getting BEst Buy to honor the Walmart price of $299 with a $100 gift card. But Walmart stopped that yesterday on their web site. So unless you have a printout.....

huey123

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My costco kiosk rep said they will have them soon. That was Saturday Dec 1st. Some people have been getting BEst Buy to honor the Walmart price of $299 with a $100 gift card. But Walmart stopped that yesterday on their web site. So unless you have a printout.....

Was the $100 gift card deal only for new accounts or did it work for upgrades as well? I might have to just suck it up and get it at a Verizon store tomorrow since 'soon' might be another few weeks till I could get it in my hands.
And once we finally get this figured out we'll get to start complaining about where the 32GB version is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692