Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any word on Costco date or deals?

Hey guys I have not been to Costco in a month or so but was wondering if anyone had stopped by to see what type of deals they were going to have or the cons of going with costco vs VZW website or store. I know they usually bundle stuff but I have never actually upgraded with them before. DO they still have a 90 day return on phones also?Thanks Thristy

Default Re: Any word on Costco date or deals?

Hi

I have been on vacation, but I work at Costco. Yes we still do the 90 day return, not sure on any deals sincwe I havent been there in like 2 weeks. I go back Wednesday, I can let you know then. Usually they are about20-30 bucks cheaper regardless and can get your upgrade fee waived sometimes.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sweet of you could let me know I really appreciate it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Went to my local costco last week, but i don't recall them having any GN2 for any providers. I'm hoping they will have some soon, as I like buying the phones through them. Activation fee waived and comes with accessories.
    Thanked by:

They not have gotten their models in yet.

They pulled out a mock model when I asked if they had anything I could check out. No price until November 29 they said...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

So costco will definitely be getting them? Do you think they will have it on 11/29?

Went to Costco.com -> electronics -> cell phone section

And saw SGN2 listed for

Att for $299 grey
    T-Mobile $369 grey
    T-Mobile $369 white

They may not have it for Verizon though. I see that they have the original note but didn't offer the note for Verizon either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

The GNII is on the Sam's Club website for $279, and says ships when available.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by mrxblue View Post
    Went to Costco.com -> electronics -> cell phone section

And saw SGN2 listed for

Att for $299 grey
    T-Mobile $369 grey
    T-Mobile $369 white

They may not have it for Verizon though. I see that they have the original note but didn't offer the note for Verizon either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanks the note one was never released for vzw so hopefully they will have the two! Also I'll be upgrading on another line coscto shouldn't care that I then place the new phone on my unlimited line correct? Or are they like amazon where j need to keep it on the same line.

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Sadly we don't have Costco where I live, but there is a rumor we may be getting one in a new mixed use development project. Now that would be cool and I would happily drop my BJ's membership for Costco. I have always heard good things, you guys and gals are lucky

Yeah Costco is getting the Verizon model as well. Costco tends to get sporadic info when it comes cell phones since the cell phone kiosk isnt really part of costco.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Looks like it just recently got put up on their website. for At&t it says "new". I'm thinking verizon's model won't be out for awhile after it's released.

On a side note, anyone notice it's "retail price" is only $499 for At&t and $569 for T-mobile? Wonder if those prices are correct, that's helluva deal if so.

I've never activated/upgraded a new phone at Costco.com but from my discussions with a Verizon technical rep., they told me to make sure I explicitly tell the person activating the new phone to make sure that it's applied to the phone number that had the unlimited data plan(if you're using Verizon like me)

I didn't pre-order my SGN2 through Costco, but I'm upgrading similar to how you're gong it. I'm using a non-smartphone family members account to get the upgrade price, but replacing my Gnex with it. You should be able to retain all your existing voice and data stuff(including unlimited Verizon data).

Quote Originally Posted by thirsty1258 View Post
    Thanks the note one was never released for vzw so hopefully they will have the two! Also I'll be upgrading on another line coscto shouldn't care that I then place the new phone on my unlimited line correct? Or are they like amazon where j need to keep it on the same line.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by mrxblue View Post
    I've never activated/upgraded a new phone at Costco.com but from my discussions with a Verizon technical rep., they told me to make sure I explicitly tell the person activating the new phone to make sure that it's applied to the phone number that had the unlimited data plan(if you're using Verizon like me)

I didn't pre-order my SGN2 through Costco, but I'm upgrading similar to how you're gong it. I'm using a non-smartphone family members account to get the upgrade price, but replacing my Gnex with it. You should be able to retain all your existing voice and data stuff(including unlimited Verizon data).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    that is exactly what I want to do exactly my plan now if people stop flaking and buy my galaxy s3 I would be set to be ready for my galaxy note 2

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Costco is supposed to have the Note II for Verizon today, according to people I talked to a few days ago, but I'll call before I go. Who said you could keep your unlimited data? My understanding is that's only for 3G phones and not permissible with the Note. If I can keep my unlimited data, please let me know how ASAP. The Verizon website and a Verizon rep already told me I can't.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Update: The Wireless Advocates guy at my Costco said they do not have the Note II for Verizon today, and have not been given a date when they will. Perhaps it will show up on their website () on that day.
    Last edited by awiz; 11-29-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Called again today but they still don't have the Verizon version. Was at the store over the weekend and talked with a kiosk manager who seemed very sure they were getting it soon. Not sure if she mistook the AT&T/T-Mobile version for the Verizon one though. If they were about 3 weeks delayed getting it for those carriers does anyone else think it'll be the same 3-4 weeks delay till Big Red? Is it just worth getting it at a Verizon Store with the extended holiday till January 9th return date?

My costco kiosk rep said they will have them soon. That was Saturday Dec 1st. Some people have been getting BEst Buy to honor the Walmart price of $299 with a $100 gift card. But Walmart stopped that yesterday on their web site. So unless you have a printout.....

Quote Originally Posted by billythec View Post
    My costco kiosk rep said they will have them soon. That was Saturday Dec 1st. Some people have been getting BEst Buy to honor the Walmart price of $299 with a $100 gift card. But Walmart stopped that yesterday on their web site. So unless you have a printout.....
    Was the $100 gift card deal only for new accounts or did it work for upgrades as well? I might have to just suck it up and get it at a Verizon store tomorrow since 'soon' might be another few weeks till I could get it in my hands.
    And once we finally get this figured out we'll get to start complaining about where the 32GB version is.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Still no word at my Costco as to when they will be getting the phone in (as of yesterday). I can wait a couple weeks, I suppose. My only reason for buying at Costco is the free accessories.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Someone started another thread on this and was answered 12/5: When will Costco get the Verizon Note II?. I'll call tomorrow to check.

Could someone merge these threads?

I hope 12/5 is true. VZW had us wait long enough for the release. I can't wait for it to be at Costco.
    I feel like an impatient kid.

Taken from membershipwireless.com (Costco Wireless)

Look carefully at the white phone, notice something about the home button.
    Thanked by 2:
    awizmansouan 
    awiz likes this.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

WOW! Nice catch Major Leaguer!
    If my post helped you just a little bit, please take a second to hit the "THANKS" button just under this text to the right.

Palm V --> Palm Vx + OmniSky --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (free upgrade) --> Treo 700p (free upgrade again!) --> HTC Touch Pro (never WinMo again) --> HTC Evo (love Android; hope never to have a reason to change again)...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast