Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    Spoken Word

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Default Re: Does anyone find it strange...

Just got off the phone and according to him, based on info in materials sent to the store, pre-orders start shipping on the 27th and it's 2 day to ensure that they arrive on the 29th. He's not 100% sure of this though because it's not something the stores deal with and in the past they have also done 1 day shipping.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!

Why do have to repeat this? In our system, it launches on the 29th and preorders ship the 27th with deliveries on the 29th.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    bigguy_132 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MittenSportsFan View Post
    The 11-27 release of the Galaxy Note 2 has nothing to do with the logo or bloatware syncing. The date has been the same throughout the pre-order process. It appears Big Red may have built time in to do an in-house software update to add the dual window, multi-tasking feature as opposed to the Over The Air after launch update chosen by the other carriers.
    The timing of the in house update worked better for Verizon because of the other devices that were launching.
    The RAZR Family was still launching when the Note 2 became available. Then the DNA was moved ahead of the Note 2 because it is a VZW exclusive.
    Personally I prefer they do the update as opposed to OTA. Knowing Big Red we would still be waiting and probably not get it until after the New Year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    This is correct.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by svenEDGE View Post
    Does anyone find it strange that the Note II is apparently coming out in a week, but Verizon still hasn't announced an official release date? Or is this a normal thing for them?

Sent from my DROIDX (sold my GNex to buy the Galaxy Note II)
    knowing how

Knowing how verizon loves to promote the droid line more than anything else, it makes sense.
    To vzw, droid DNA > Galaxy note 2

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Verizon wants users buying whats in the store today and not holding out for what is coming in a week or two. Those who chose to pre-order did so, or are doing so despite it being off the main page. Announcements will either happen on Tuesday in a press release or on Thursday for the launch. Not unusual, just Verizon's business model.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Not unusual, just Verizon's business model.
    That's exactly what I was trying to get at. I didn't know if it was normal for Verizon to just wait until the week of release to announce an official release date. I don't remember seeing them do that. Thanks for clarifying.

What I had...
    What I have...
    Ebony/Black/Black Moto X
    Nexus 7 2013
    iPhone 5c

X X X

Quote Originally Posted by svenEDGE View Post
    Idk if you're trying to be a smart *** but what you said and what I asked are two different things. Verizon has not given an official announcement on the release date. I think that's weird.
    I was trying to be a smart ***, but how is saying that it is shipping by November 27th different from giving a release date?

Global Posts
    4,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    I was trying to be a smart ***, but how is saying that it is shipping by November 27th different from giving a release date?
    Because you don't actually receive it until the release date. I suspect some will get it in a day but most will receive on the 29th, which is the release date.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    In a way it is. But they never came out and told anyone the release date. There's always some kind of press release that tells us when it will be in stores. I was simply saying that it's weird that the phone comes out in less than a week yet there is no official release date announced.

What I had...
    What I have...
    Ebony/Black/Black Moto X
    Nexus 7 2013
    iPhone 5c

X X X

That's pretty normal for Verizon. They wait till the last minute to officially make an announcement. I'm guessing later today or tomorrow before the press release goes public

Global Posts
    4,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kris.richards View Post
    That's pretty normal for Verizon. They wait till the last minute to officially make an announcement. I'm guessing later today or tomorrow before the press release goes public
    I'm thinking the same thing. Just a matter of time for the press release.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12