Samsung?s Galaxy Note II Infringes Patents, Apple Claims

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Samsung

Here's hoping Verizon ships before Apple wins a preliminary block.

Apple Inc. (AAPL) sought to add infringement claims over six more Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) products including the Galaxy Note II to its multibillion-dollar patent lawsuit against the South Korea-based company.

Apple has said that Samsung products running on the new Android ?Jelly Bean? operating system, and other products running on the ?Ice Cream Sandwich? system should be added to the case, according to filings in San Jose federal court in California. Jelly Bean is Google Inc. (GOOG)?s latest version of the Android operating system that runs on Samsung mobile devices.

Apple yesterday asked the court to add to its case the Galaxy S III, running the new Jelly Bean system, the Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wifi tablet computer, the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and the Rugby Pro and Galaxy S III mini, according to court papers.

?Apple has acted quickly and diligently to determine that these newly released products do infringe many of the same claims already asserted by Apple, and in the same way that the already-accused devices infringe,? the Cupertino, California- based computer-maker said in its filing.

The claims were filed as part of a second patent suit between the mobile-device giants in San Jose federal court in which Samsung is targeting Apple?s iPhones, iPad and iPod Touch devices, while Apple has named more than 20 Samsung devices.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
the hearing isn't until December 6th

and this judge got smacked recently by the circuit court above her, so i'm sure she's going to proceed with extreme caution

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am so tired of Apple and their lawsuits. This is way out of hand. I wouldn't use an Apple product even if someone gave it to me. I do prefer Android. I hope Apple gets what they deserve...to lose. Rotten to their core....shame on them!

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

drum747

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I will have to sue Apple for undue stress if mine doesn't ship on time :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 and waiting to change my signature

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I am so tired of Apple and their lawsuits. This is way out of hand. I wouldn't use an Apple product even if someone gave it to me. I do prefer Android. I hope Apple gets what they deserve...to lose. Rotten to their core....shame on them!

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Haha. Rotten to the Apple core.. :) silly rotten apples

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well let's see they lose cases overseas and pieces of the US case keep getting overturned, so I think on the 6th the court will overturn the whole thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So typical of Apple, they hate competition. If you notice most IPhone users are the same way they think their special and privileged.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Apple also claims that the "new" iPhone 5 is innovative. I like Apple hardware. I use a Mac. I like their iMac operating systems. However......they are a company that had the benefit of being the underdog for a long time. Once they became the top dog in the mobile market they got complacent. Now they just want to litigate their way into better market share rather than come up with anything new. They have gotten spanked in Europe. Now they are grasping at straws.

Nothing to see here. Move along..........

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm so tired of apples crap seriously its always the same with them how about going back to innovating and letting your product speak for itself

Sent from my PC36100

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It is sad how Apple turned the market on its head with their first phone, yet the market so quickly adapted to the changing landscape and came out with better OS's, hardware and innovated better than Apple. Now that they don't have the market leading product they are simply trying to stifle innovation by litigating it out of existence. I won an iPad 3 at work and was willing to give the iP5 a shot with LTE on Verizon. In less than a month both were sold off and the cash was quickly put into a GN 10.1 tablet and a pre-order for my GN2. Having used Android for years I know its where the true innovation is.

Perhaps Judge Koh will see this for what it is, simply the last dying gasps of jobs legacy and dismiss it as groundless. One can only hope.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So typical of Apple, they hate competition. If you notice most IPhone users are the same way they think their special and privileged.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I don't think a persons phone speaks that much to a persons personality. You only notice that some are like that because we always notice the douchebags. A lot of people just use the phone that works for them and that's all that matters

Sent from my Red GS3

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree wholeheartedly but some objects solicit a greater number of days. Ferrari, lamborgini, old mustangs, iPhone, yachts, mansions, iNexus, the list goes on...

I don't think dbag when I see someone walking down the street with an iPhone but 4 times out of ten, when my phone comes out the dbag across from me starts talking

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
If Apple can't innovate......they litigate!!!!!

Amen. I love my Mac Book Air and OSX in general (beats the crap out of Winblowz). And loved my previous two iPhones. But they no longer are setting the bar; in fact many would argue they aren't even keeping up with the Jones' very well at this point. I dumped all my AAPL when it was over $700 and took the 2,000%+ ROI in my Roth IRA. I'll join in the camp of "without Jobs, Apple isn't the same company". Sure looks that way right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463