Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung’s Galaxy Note II Infringes Patents, Apple Claims

Samsung

Here's hoping Verizon ships before Apple wins a preliminary block.

Apple Inc. (AAPL) sought to add infringement claims over six more Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) products including the Galaxy Note II to its multibillion-dollar patent lawsuit against the South Korea-based company.

Apple has said that Samsung products running on the new Android “Jelly Bean” operating system, and other products running on the “Ice Cream Sandwich” system should be added to the case, according to filings in San Jose federal court in California. Jelly Bean is Google Inc. (GOOG)’s latest version of the Android operating system that runs on Samsung mobile devices.

Apple yesterday asked the court to add to its case the Galaxy S3, running the new Jelly Bean system, the Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wifi tablet computer, the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and the Rugby Pro and Galaxy S3 mini, according to court papers.

“Apple has acted quickly and diligently to determine that these newly released products do infringe many of the same claims already asserted by Apple, and in the same way that the already-accused devices infringe,” the Cupertino, California- based computer-maker said in its filing.

The claims were filed as part of a second patent suit between the mobile-device giants in San Jose federal court in which Samsung is targeting Apple’s iPhones, iPad and iPod Touch devices, while Apple has named more than 20 Samsung devices.

Default Re: Samsung’s Galaxy Note II Infringes Patents, Apple Claims

I got kinda scared when i read that article the other day!
    Banned

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

I have one on pre-order with Verizon also - no worries. Nothing will happen fast with the case this year.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

the hearing isn't until December 6th

and this judge got smacked recently by the circuit court above her, so i'm sure she's going to proceed with extreme caution

I am so tired of Apple and their lawsuits. This is way out of hand. I wouldn't use an Apple product even if someone gave it to me. I do prefer Android. I hope Apple gets what they deserve...to lose. Rotten to their core....shame on them!

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 

I will have to sue Apple for undue stress if mine doesn't ship on time

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 and waiting to change my signature

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I am so tired of Apple and their lawsuits. This is way out of hand. I wouldn't use an Apple product even if someone gave it to me. I do prefer Android. I hope Apple gets what they deserve...to lose. Rotten to their core....shame on them!

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    Haha. Rotten to the Apple core.. silly rotten apples

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Well let's see they lose cases overseas and pieces of the US case keep getting overturned, so I think on the 6th the court will overturn the whole thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

So typical of Apple, they hate competition. If you notice most IPhone users are the same way they think their special and privileged.
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

Apple also claims that the "new" iPhone 5 is innovative. I like Apple hardware. I use a Mac. I like their iMac operating systems. However......they are a company that had the benefit of being the underdog for a long time. Once they became the top dog in the mobile market they got complacent. Now they just want to litigate their way into better market share rather than come up with anything new. They have gotten spanked in Europe. Now they are grasping at straws.

Nothing to see here. Move along..........
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!
    leroybrute likes this.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I'm so tired of apples crap seriously its always the same with them how about going back to innovating and letting your product speak for itself

Sent from my PC36100

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

It is sad how Apple turned the market on its head with their first phone, yet the market so quickly adapted to the changing landscape and came out with better OS's, hardware and innovated better than Apple. Now that they don't have the market leading product they are simply trying to stifle innovation by litigating it out of existence. I won an iPad 3 at work and was willing to give the iP5 a shot with LTE on Verizon. In less than a month both were sold off and the cash was quickly put into a GN 10.1 tablet and a pre-order for my GN2. Having used Android for years I know its where the true innovation is.

Perhaps Judge Koh will see this for what it is, simply the last dying gasps of jobs legacy and dismiss it as groundless. One can only hope.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDroidLurker View Post
    I use a Mac. I like their iMac operating systems. .
    You mean OS X? Didn't realize the iMac had its own OS.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If Apple can't innovate......they litigate!!!!!
    Last edited by ibcop; 11-25-2012 at 07:05 PM.

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    You mean OS X? Didn't realize the iMac had its own OS.
    Yes. I was talking about the Mac OS X in general. Guess I should have worded that better, lol.
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Star General View Post
    So typical of Apple, they hate competition. If you notice most IPhone users are the same way they think their special and privileged.
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    I don't think a persons phone speaks that much to a persons personality. You only notice that some are like that because we always notice the douchebags. A lot of people just use the phone that works for them and that's all that matters

Sent from my Red GS3
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I agree wholeheartedly but some objects solicit a greater number of days. Ferrari, lamborgini, old mustangs, iPhone, yachts, mansions, iNexus, the list goes on...

I don't think dbag when I see someone walking down the street with an iPhone but 4 times out of ten, when my phone comes out the dbag across from me starts talking

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by TheDroidLurker View Post
    Yes. I was talking about the Mac OS X in general. Guess I should have worded that better, lol.
    I see. Since I don't own any Apple gear, your first comment raised my eye brow. hehe.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    If Apple can't innovate......they litigate!!!!!
    Amen. I love my Mac Book Air and OSX in general (beats the crap out of Winblowz). And loved my previous two iPhones. But they no longer are setting the bar; in fact many would argue they aren't even keeping up with the Jones' very well at this point. I dumped all my AAPL when it was over $700 and took the 2,000%+ ROI in my Roth IRA. I'll join in the camp of "without Jobs, Apple isn't the same company". Sure looks that way right now.

Just terrible

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Apple is a great marketing company that makes good products.
    Apple hasn't really innovated a lot but rather take what is already there, tweak, repackage and market it better than anyone else.
    They have built a brand that sells itself.
    Many people buy Apple products to be cool and no nothing about competing products. They look down on or won't consider android phones because they are NOT Apple even though many could run circles around the i5.
    Those are the people that give Apple and iPhone users a bad name.
    Most android buyers make purchases based on the individual phone as opposed to brand.
    Although some may lean toward a brand or User Interface that they have had a good experience (or away from if bad experience), we are still willing to buy Moto, Sammy, or HTC devices if they meet our needs.
    I bought my wife an iPhone because it was the best phone for her needs. It was her first smartphone. The solid design and User Interface was easy to transition to since she had an ipod.
    She doesn't have the patience to manage a switch of music from itunes to an android phone along with the changes and tweaks inherant with the Operating System.

I don't hate Apple and would consider an iPhone if it was the best product for my needs.
    But they don't include needing to let everyone know I have an apple (you ever notice that the back is cut out of most of their cases so the fruit shows through) or being like everyone else.

I don't think the infringement verdict will hold up, but it allows Apple to keep the public perception of being the innovators.
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    zapfrog likes this.

Well said! Your right every case has the back cut out to show the apple. While I agree that people will buy what meets their needs it seems Apple has become more of a status symbol and need a window in their cases to scream "hey look at me!"

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    the hearing isn't until December 6th

and this judge got smacked recently by the circuit court above her, so i'm sure she's going to proceed with extreme caution
    I thought this was added to a new trial and not the one that has already gone through.
    Android4life

My favorite part is how Apple opening brags about their device displays....that are made by Samsung....
    Thanked by:
    The Hustleman and zapfrog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    My favorite part is how Apple opening brags about their device displays....that are made by Samsung....
    Yep and Samsung has since come out and said they will stop supplying apple with display components.

Samsung makes about 80% of the guts of the iPhone and it wouldnt surprise me if they cut off more supplies/components.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast