Where are you buying?

bcorb720

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Wondering where everyone is buying theirs? I'm debating on going to best buy or verizon store. I looked up trade in value on my t-bolt and best buy will give more back. Does anyone know if you can trade in at the store or do you have to mail it and wait on gift card? I just want to receive the best deal.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Wondering where everyone is buying theirs? I'm debating on going to best buy or verizon store. I looked up trade in value on my t-bolt and best buy will give more back. Does anyone know if you can trade in at the store or do you have to mail it and wait on gift card? I just want to receive the best deal.

Can you trade in if you buy outright?

EDIT: It shows on the BB site that you take the eligible trade in item to a BB store and they will give you a gift card.

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping Walmart has it before Dec 1. they have a $100 gift card when you purchase an android phone. If not, I hope costco gets it. But I don't think I can wait another day after the 29th, so I'll probably end up buying it at BB/verizon lol.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Getting it at bestbuy. They will match Verizon's retail price which is $100 less than bestbuy and I can always do the 18 months no interest because I will be laying over $700 with taxes.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
i just got off the phone with vzw, they said since walmart is doing the 100 gift card, they would waive the activation fee, and give me a $50 in store accessory for free. Guess ill be giong in on thursday to get it.......hopefully :)

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i just got off the phone with vzw, they said since walmart is doing the 100 gift card, they would waive the activation fee, and give me a $50 in store accessory for free. Guess ill be giong in on thursday to get it.......hopefully :)

wow, how'd you get em to do that? Don't they usually check to make sure Walmart has the phone and gift card first?

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I just called my local store, asked to speak with a manager, and told them I would buy either from them or Walmart. He said they couldnt do $100, but would waive the activation ($30, which they prob could do anyway), and get me a case or something equal to $50.

Then I talked to him, I am going to be able to transfer an upgrade I have on a dumbphone to my unlimited plan, and get the note 2 and keep unlimited.

I didnt tell him this, but where I work, I get 25% off of accessories, so that should help towards the $50 as well :) I am stoked!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered and got tracking tonight. I really wanted 1 day shipping but they really locked you down to the 2 day option for "free" which is nice but also keeps you from getting it early :(

drewman24seven

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning to price match my best found full retail price through Best Buy. I will then buy the needed amount of Best Buy gift cards at my local grocery store (Fry's) to earn 4x fuel points on the total amount earning $1 off each 35 gal fill up saving $105 in fuel. In thought an theory I would be getting the phone for $595... My only question is what is the best price to have Best Buy match?

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning to price match my best found full retail price through Best Buy. I will then buy the needed amount of Best Buy gift cards at my local grocery store (Fry's) to earn 4x fuel points on the total amount earning $1 off each 35 gal fill up saving $105 in fuel. In thought an theory I would be getting the phone for $595... My only question is what is the best price to have Best Buy match?

GREAT idea. I may do this option in Scottsdale, AZ.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Some scenarios that may be worth trying:

2q9jla8.jpg

Note (haha): This assumes BestBuy matches Verizon's Full Retail Price

awiz

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Costco provides free activation, 3-in-1 charger, 2 cases and 2 screen protectors, plus I think 90 day return policy, plus I think an additional warranty if I use their AmEx card. (They should have the phone in-store soon.) Any thoughts?

Also, why are so many people buying outright rather than on contract? I thought about doing this so I wouldn't be tied to Verizon for 2 years, but are there other reasons? Would this allow me to keep the unlimited data plan I have on my 3G Blackberry (way out of contract now)? I would really like to keep the unlimited data, but I believe it's specific to 3G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie