Officially Shipped Thread

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
That's not a guarantee, I ordered mines on Oct 26th, was charged on Nov 26th and VZ still has yet to send me a tracking number and hv no idea when my device will be sent out...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I've had a phone show up at my doorstep before it even was into the system. Given, this was a couple years ago so I could just be being positive for ya.... Hopefully you still get it tomorrow!

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand people who feel the need to go into the store and risk not getting it due to lack of stock or colors. Why wouldn't you preorder it and guarantee yourself color and receiving it on or before release date.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I can tell you the reason I am going to the store is I am buying it full retail (don't want to lose my data plan) and I don't want to pay the full ride at once - I can put up to $400 on my account so I can split it up into two payments - makes my life a lot easier....

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand people who feel the need to go into the store and risk not getting it due to lack of stock or colors. Why wouldn't you preorder it and guarantee yourself color and receiving it on or before release date.

I don't understand either. You pre-order it to guarantee you'll get one. You just have to have the patience to sit tight and wait for it to get to you. Unfortunately, patience seems to be a lost virtue in our immediate gratification society. :(

Those who see it parked in Memphis for a long time:
It will go on a plane later today, maybe even after midnight. Then it will be at a distribution center, perhaps trucked to a closer distribution center in the wee hours, and then on truck for delivery.
You will only briefly catch it at your closest distribution center before it shows Out For Delivery.
2nd day delivery basically means "We can move at molasses speed picking it up and getting it ready for the plane, then we treat it like Overnight delivery".

Bob G

Thanks for the info. Confirms what I was thinking is most likely taking place. :)

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Those who see it parked in Memphis for a long time:
It will go on a plane later today, maybe even after midnight. Then it will be at a distribution center, perhaps trucked to a closer distribution center in the wee hours, and then on truck for delivery.
You will only briefly catch it at your closest distribution center before it shows Out For Delivery.
2nd day delivery basically means "We can move at molasses speed picking it up and getting it ready for the plane, then we treat it like Overnight delivery".

Bob G

Thanks for clarifying that, good sir. I was wondering what the hell was going on haha.

Sent from my DROIDX (sold my GNex to buy the Galaxy Note II)

Mei Ji Fei

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I got mine, or at least an attempt was made (Baltimore, MD). So they are ahead of schedule. If yours read on the truck in transit, good chance an attempt will be made today. Another trip to Sparks MD for a late night pickup.
Good Luck Notarians:-X

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Question to those of you that received it already.
What is the model number?

I won't get mine until tomorrow, but I want to make sure I have the correct root method prepared, since that will be one of the first things I do.

I want to root right away too, what method are you going to be using? I was checking the Auto-Root one out but not sure this will work with the VZW flavor. I would like to find a root method that leaves the stock recovery in place but gives me root access.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I want to root right away too, what method are you going to be using? I was checking the Auto-Root one out but not sure this will work with the VZW flavor. I would like to find a root method that leaves the stock recovery in place but gives me root access.

It's unclear at the moment. After seeing the model number I checked the chainfire thread, and that model isn't listed, same with galaxynote2root.com.

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post

I'm doing it to upgrade my wife's line, then move my line to it and make my current Rezound her line so that I can keep my data. Seemed too tricky to do out of the store. As the insider, do you agree? Or could I get it elsewhere then come in to switch (I'm assuming I need to come in because she'll need a SIM as she'll be coming from a DroidX.)

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
OK - it's here. :D Thanks FedEx. The verizon logo is not obnoxious on the grey version and no, there are no earbuds :( Let me get the thing activated and hook up to my home router, then I'll answer more questions

Halofury

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Sucks, I was pleasantly surprised that I got my tracking number at 10 pm and delivery was next day.. I'm in South Texas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You pre-order it to guarantee you'll get one. You just have to have the patience to sit tight and wait for it to get to you. Unfortunately, patience seems to be a lost virtue in our immediate gratification society.

I agree - sort of. I don't mind waiting and I won't about it. BUT, I hate the fact that I got up in the middle of the night a month ahead of time to order as early as I could, just so that I get my phone THE SAME DAY as it's available in stores!!!

I always thought pre-ordering gave us SOME little perks - like maybe getting it a week or even a few days before the general consumer. So much for thinking.

Oh wait - it's Verizon.