Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Quote Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
    No, that digital clock isn't stock. I've downloaded HD widgets and you can customize a clock that looks just about like that. If someone will tell me how to take a screenshot of the lock screen, I'll post that up.
    here you go. this is the stock screen and clock widget. there is no click like you posted except on the lock screen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Officially Shipped Thread-2012-11-29-08-03-45.jpg  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #377  

Default Re: Officially Shipped Thread

Just curious, did all of you get your phones at your local fedex this morning? Mine still says it's an hour and half away and has been since 11:42p.m. last night.

Quote Originally Posted by infmethod View Post
    Just curious, did all of you get your phones at your local fedex this morning? Mine still says it's an hour and half away and has been since 11:42p.m. last night.
    Mine changed to my local facility (about 5 miles away) at 8:04AM; but so far no "out for delivery!" I took today off so I hope it gets here soon!
    Cory
    OchoCILINDROS likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #379  

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    Mine changed to my local facility (about 5 miles away) at 8:04AM; but so far no "out for delivery!" I took today off so I hope it gets here soon!
    Mine just updated that it's at the local facility at 8:50 a.m. That means I am not getting until late this afternoon. F you, FedEx! haha

Mine says it's at local Fedex facility as of 7:24am this morning. It should update to "Out for delivery" soon.

It seems Fedex's tracking info is delayed as I seem to recall in the past it would indicate more current status and not get "stuck" in a particular state for so long. Also, yesterday I signed up for e-mail notifications on status and have yet to receive any since the initial one when I first signed up. Truthfully though, from past experience with those, they're always very delayed anyway, but at least I'd get them. This time nothing. Odd
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #381  

Quote Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
    here you go. this is the stock screen and clock widget. there is no click like you posted except on the lock screen
    Dude, Waterloo? As in, in Michigan? You already got your phone? What the hell!

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Same here. It's sitting at a FedEx distribution center about 3 miles from my house.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Early returns:
    Great spead and multi tasking. So customizeable. The battery is out of this world. Still getting used to the features as I am new to Samsung and Jelly Bean.

Beware. When inserting a sd card from a previous phone phone may not read the actual files only the folders. If this happens, download Astro file manager. Rest assured however your files are there, they have to be moved from a folder "extSDCard" to "Sdcard0" and the files will be readable.

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

On fedex truck for delivery!! Oh heck yeah. Its amazing that 5 months of waiting comes down to a matter of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Mine says it's at local Fedex facility as of 7:24am this morning. It should update to "Out for delivery" soon.

It seems Fedex's tracking info is delayed as I seem to recall in the past it would indicate more current status and not get "stuck" in a particular state for so long. Also, yesterday I signed up for e-mail notifications on status and have yet to receive any since the initial one when I first signed up. Truthfully though, from past experience with those, they're always very delayed anyway, but at least I'd get them. This time nothing. Odd
    Just updated to "On Fedex vehicle for delivery" as of 8:18am. Will have it today! Probably very early afternoon as that's when Fedex typical comes around the house. Woohoo! I keep hearing what sounds like a truck outside, so I keep looking out the window. LOL

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Just updated to "On Fedex vehicle for delivery" as of 8:18am. Will have it today! Probably very early afternoon as that's when Fedex typical comes around the house. Woohoo! I keep hearing what sounds like a truck outside, so I keep looking out the window. LOL
    Same thing!! Every diesel truck I hear go by I jump up and look waiting. Nothing yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    Can anyone that has received their Verizon Note 2 confirm that this Samsung widget at the top is missing? On the demo I played with at best buy it was missing so just wanted to confirm its missing on the officially released phones.

For those who don't know it will be called Digital Clock in the widgets. I saw there was a dual one but not the single one like shown in the screen shot.

Attachment 48719
    FWIW its a stock widget on my Tmobile version. I'm using over the standard clock/weather widget.

The FEDEX truck just drove past my place! Hope he hits me on the way out of our development!
    Cory

The FEDEX truck just drove past my place! Hope he hits me on the way out of our development!
    Ok, now he just drove past my place on his way out of the development!
    Cory

CHASE HIM!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    corymcnutt and drum747 like this.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

So now I get to sit and wait for FedEx to deliver. Crossing my fingers that they don't screw up as they have occasionally ("Delivery Exception" anyone?).

Or, if I hadn't pre-ordered, I could walk into my local Verizon store and buy one at 9AM. As I did for my Blackberry Storm, my Motorola Droid, my Samsung Fascinate, my Motorola Razr, my Galaxy Nexus and my Galaxy s3.

So for the dubious advantage of not having to drive to the store, I get my phone 6-8 hours later, and I get to worry that (Gods of FedEx willing) I get it today at all.

What was I thinking???
    Last edited by rvgraham789; 11-29-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

They have separate routes and/or trucks for Overnight guaranteed by 10:30 AM deliveries. That might be the truck you saw.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    Same thing!! Every diesel truck I hear go by I jump up and look waiting. Nothing yet!!

Made me laugh.....wait....did you hear that truck? Hahaha
    corymcnutt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rvgraham789 View Post
    So now I get to sit and wait for FedEx to deliver. Crossing my fingers that they don't screw up as they have occasionally ("Delivery Exception" anyone?).

Or, if I hadn't per-ordered, I could walk into my local Verizon store and buy one at 9AM. As I did for my Blackberry Storm, my Motorola Droid, my Samsung Fascinate, my Motorola Razr, my Galaxy Nexus and my Galaxy s3.

So for the dubious advantage of not having to drive to the store, I get my phone 6-8 hours later, and I get to worry that (Gods of FedEx willing) I get it today at all.

What was I thinking???
    You're assuming that a local store would have them in stock in the color you want, not to mention have to deal with that whole process, driving there, dealing with other customers and a sales associate and whether they'll allow you to pay full retail (if you want to). You avoid all that with the pre-order with the only negative that you have to wait for delivery. There are always positive/negatives either way. Pick your poison.

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Made me laugh.....wait....did you hear that truck? Hahaha
    I've jumped up out of my seat 10+ times now while I have all my accessories laid out ready to get going on this beast.

At my local FedeX facility! So close yet so far. I should be seeing this in the afternoon today! Finally

Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    I've jumped up out of my seat 10+ times now while I have all my accessories laid out ready to get going on this beast.
    LOL Same here. Also reading the manual so I'm ready to go as soon as it gets here (I'm one of those who ALWAYS reads the manual from front to back!).

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

You're assuming that a local store would have them in stock in the color you want<snip>
    That's just my point, I'm in Silicon Valley, the stores around here get abundant stock... Never had a problem grabbing a new model on day one (even at the end of the day). Funny though, the only time I had to wait in a line (about 20 minutes) was for the Blackberry Storm, which was easily the least gratifying of all the phones I listed in my post.

I pre-ordered for two reasons:
    • To get the money out of my pocket, which didn't really happen 'cuz they don''t debit until they ship.
    • Because I like to unbox and setup the device myself instead of watching the store clerk trying to figure it out.

At least I'll win on one count!

Quote Originally Posted by rvgraham789 View Post
    [*]Because I like to unbox and setup the device myself instead of watching the store clerk trying to figure it out.
    ^^^ This is a big one for me too. Besides setting it up myself, I don't want anyone elses mitts (read: fingerprints) on my phone!

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

^^^ This is a big one for me too. Besides setting it up myself, I don't want anyone elses mitts (read: fingerprints) on my phone!
    Agreed completely. This Rep this morning was super nice but had no regard that we were dropping $1500 on 2 devices.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718 LastLast