Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Default Re: Officially Shipped Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MKita View Post
    So I called to check my CC (can't check it online) and its still at what it was this morning...which did not include the charge. Is it a "pending" charge you guys are getting? If so then I will feel relieved lol.

Also I tried calling VZW and they said their hold time is really long because they were getting bombarded with phone calls lol. Imagine how many calls theyd be getting if they actually advertised and pushed the phone...
    Mine is indeed a pending charge. It has not gone through yet.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

I hold an IT position in a company that ships out products somewhat similar to the way VZW might. The tracking numbers are placed on the boxes most likely by an automated conveyor belt system. The system is automated to tie the tracking number to the order, but that doesn't mean the customer will be able to see it right away. Oftentimes there will be a database batch process (stored procedure or perhaps a data warehouse update for fellow geeks) that will update the sales system from the shipping system.

'Not saying this is definitely true, just making a point that bigger companies are not necessarily "real-time" about all of this, for various internal reasons.

Default Officially Shipped Thread

My CC was charged 3pm. Ordered Verizon online at 11:45pm on 24th. Located in Iowa

My order status: Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.
    OchoCILINDROS likes this.

Called the *611 number to check on my order (CC has been charged) - after confirming the order number they transferred me to an agent. He said my tracking number would show up in the morning and that they were shipping them 2 days, so I should have it Thursday. He said he really wasn't sure when they would be in the stores.
    Cory

My card was charged at 6:30pm and my order status as updated showing a column named tracking number.I Preordered the phone on 11/14.

So Excited!

Order being processed

Phone ordered on 10/25 - payment processed and waiting for tracking number. "Will ship by 11/27"

Hi,

Payment processed with tracking info not available yet, will ship tomorrow. Cant wait!!

Just got an email saying order is on hold....wtf.

Guy on vzw posted a pic of his fedex tracking...wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    Just got an email saying order is on hold....wtf.
    Maybe not enough money on your card? Assuming you paid with a debit. Other than that no idea.

Woo Hoo!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Officially Shipped Thread-phone.png  
    Malcomn likes this.

mine have been charged and says orders will ship by 11/27.
    Thanked by:

So after a long chat with a Verizon Rep, he pretty much confirmed everything other people have said. I placed my order last week sometime, and he said that since i have the "check back tomorrow" message, that the tracking number should be available tomorrow morning sometime and shipped tomorrow. I asked him if it was a 2 day or over night shipping, he said its usually a 2 day but that since it to be shipped out early, that i could get the phone on the 28th or 29th.

So better than nothing i guess and i'm in Oregon so probably about as far away from the warehouse as it gets

Hey another update. I just got tracking info for mine will be here on the 28th. Sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by David Valliant35 View Post
    Hey another update. I just got tracking info for mine will be here on the 28th. Sweet!!
    I'm so jealous =[

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by David Valliant35 View Post
    Was the tracking information emailed to you or did you find it on the order checker page?

It was emailed to me. However it still says ship by 11/27 on the order checker page. Maybe an error

I just received a email from Vz with a FedEx tracking link...nice, so close, yet so far

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

You lucky man. Hopefully we all get ours soon

wow. Those morons over at Verizon royally screwed up my order. Placed it on the 25th of Oct. and got an email saying the card had insufficient funds which it didnt. I have plenty on that card .....called and spoke with them and they said it went through but wouldNT ship intil next week now ? I laughed and told them to F off, and cancelled it altogether. Wow. Best Buy it is I guess
    OchoCILINDROS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    no tracking # = it didn't ship
    Not always true. I have received packages then received the email and tracking number days later.

I got the same email bcuz I used my PayPal card, I called them ASAP. I would rather have got from best buy, better insurance but they had no release date info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    wow. Those morons over at Verizon royally screwed up my order. Placed it on the 25th of Oct. and got an email saying the card had insufficient funds which it didnt. I have plenty on that card .....called and spoke with them and they said it went through but wouldNT ship intil next week now ? I laughed and told them to F off, and cancelled it altogether. Wow. Best Buy it is I guess

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Star General View Post
    I got the same email bcuz I used my PayPal card, I called them ASAP. I would rather have got from best buy, better insurance but they had no release date info.

How is this Verizon's fault? You should be blaming your bank. All Verizon does is charge your card and clearly it was on the other end since plenty of people on here have had no problems with their cards being charged.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast