Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By flipster
  • 2 Post By sudbury78
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back to Android

So, I'm back!

I originally had gotten a Droid X on launch day when it first came out. I absolutely LOVED that phone....until Froyo. Froyo basically ruined the phone, and eventually the phone's screen let go anyway. I picked up an iPhone 4 shortly after, and love(d) this phone more than anything.

BUT.... It's time.... My iPhone 4 is slow, freezes a lot, just does a lot of crazy/weird stuff in general.

I was going to pick up an iPhone 5, but honestly, it's boring. It's the same thing, just elongated (although, very snappy; sister has one).

I LOVE phones with huge screens. When I saw the Galaxy Note 2, I was sold. From the specs, to the design, to the multitasking (VERY cool), it was perfect. I pre-ordered it, and will be unboxing it on Christmas! I'm really excited! Let's go ~.

Default Re: Back to Android

Quote Originally Posted by flipster View Post
    So, I'm back!

I originally had gotten a Droid X on launch day when it first came out. I absolutely LOVED that phone....until Froyo. Froyo basically ruined the phone, and eventually the phone's screen let go anyway. I picked up an iPhone 4 shortly after, and love(d) this phone more than anything.

BUT.... It's time.... My iPhone 4 is slow, freezes a lot, just does a lot of crazy/weird stuff in general.

I was going to pick up an iPhone 5, but honestly, it's boring. It's the same thing, just elongated (although, very snappy; sister has one).

I LOVE phones with huge screens. When I saw the Galaxy Note 2, I was sold. From the specs, to the design, to the multitasking (VERY cool), it was perfect. I pre-ordered it, and will be unboxing it on Christmas! I'm really excited! Let's go ~.
    Welcome back, sir! Happen to try out Jelly Bean at all? It's absolutely amazing! Enjoy the new phone!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by infmethod View Post
    Welcome back, sir! Happen to try out Jelly Bean at all? It's absolutely amazing! Enjoy the new phone!
    I havent, yet! I tried going to different Best Buys/T-Mobiles (although I have Verizon) to test it out, but they had no demo models! Just dummy phones .

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

So, I'm back!

How are you going to wait until Christmas!!!??

So, I'm back!

Jealous! I have to wait till March 28th

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

So, I'm back!

This sounds amazingly similar to my story. Except my previous Android experience was with a POS HTC Droid Eris which was an underpowered abomination that VZW should have never sold IMHO. That was one of my cell phones that I truly hated (the other a battery guzzling brick known as a Treo 700W). But after a close friend got a GS3, I was sold. The OS is up to snuff, hardware as good as anything (actually the Note 2 representing state of the art for at least another week or two ). He's on Sprint, JB upgrade did wonders for the overall phone experience and Apple has strangled the user experience down to the lowest (dumbest?) common denominator possible. Other than LTE, there's nothing about an iPhone 5 that I find innovative, exciting, original or worth paying money for. Not when there are superior alternatives available. Plus expandable storage and a removable battery always a bonus.
    Thanked by:

First time android purchase this Thursday. I'm excited and nervous as I was a blackberry and then apple guy. My iphone5 is boring and I'm done. I am foaming at The mouth in anticipation!!!
    Jude526 and karsdroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    First time android purchase this Thursday. I'm excited and nervous as I was a blackberry and then apple guy. My iphone5 is boring and I'm done. I am foaming at The mouth in anticipation!!!
    I started my addiction with the original droid, then on to the droid x, then to the thunderbolt, then the galaxy s3, and now in two days the note 2.........every single one has been an adventure, and never ever boring!!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    How are you going to wait until Christmas!!!??
    LOL +1000 to this, i am frustrated that i may not get the phone till thursday. Holding out till Xmas would not be possible for me.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    I was a Blackberry guy from the BB7250 all the way to the Storm2. Finally made the switch to Android about 2 years back. Haven't looked back once.
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I don't know! I want it now! Haha

Like I said, I loved my Droid X at first, it was so different and fun! It was just until Froyo that I had major issues with.....

The iPhone is a great phone...its just so...played out.... Everyone has one, its boring, the same thing from 2007, icons only still, no customizability, etc.

I honestly cannot wait for this phone though . I have HUGE hands, and it just seems so perfect. The dummy phone felt like it would the perfect size, and the screen just looks so incredible! The only gripe I have with it is that, for Verizon, even WITH an upgrade, it was $373.74 ! But then again, its at the top of the game, Samsung's flagship device, amazing specs, and I'm pretty sure it's got the biggest screen on a phone out there! So it's definitely worth it.

Oh, I also ordered it in white! It will be my first white phone, I've always been a "black, go as close as possible to black" when it came to buying phones. But, something about this phone just looks so good in white!

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDroidLurker View Post
    I was a Blackberry guy from the BB7250 all the way to the Storm2. Finally made the switch to Android about 2 years back. Haven't looked back once.
    I was a blackberry fam too, then I moved to the droid X. Made the worst move going back to blackberry with the 9930. Need this Note 2 asap.

Did you upgrade the iPhone to ios6 and then began noticing issues with it or before? Apple's new operating system definitely is screwing up my wife's iPhone 4. Before that it was fine.

The Nottinator

Same here. Started with the Droid Eris, liked it but didn't love it so I went and got a Iphone 4. Now, i'm right back to Android and I think i'll stick with Android. The iphone is too plain a phone for me. Its a good phone but it doesn't have that customizable feel. Android is moving in the right direction and right past Apple

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Every time I think another platform has something better to offer I am quickly and quite sadly reminded why I was on Android to begin with. Fortunately for me the iP5 craze allowed me to get all of my money back and double it so I could swing for my GN2. I won't stray this time, JB with butter is the way to go.