Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    4,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Anyone buying through Walmart [deal $100 gift card]

Quote Originally Posted by bcorb720 View Post
    I called my Verizon store and the manager said they couldn't do anything as far as waive the fee or anything. I told her I guess I will buy with someone else.
    Oh, they can....he/she chooses not to.

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    How did you order through Walmart? When I go to the website, it doesn't have the Note 2 as an option with Verizon. I'd love to save $100.
    You have to go to wieless.walmart.com, search for "note ii"

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

hmm kinda interesting that walmart's share everything plan is not the same as listed on verizon's website. Like the 7gb + hotspot is the same price as the 6gb listed on verizon. Is this correct? Maybe better to order through walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    That's not good or moral business practice. A Rep can be fired for doing such things. Just so you can have a new acct and upgrade? Ahhhh...I have seen employees terminated for such doings

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    What are you referring to? You kept quoting yourself.

Sent from my Red GS3
    Thanked by:

I just stopped by a corporate store on the off chance they'd sell me one today. They wouldn't. Anyway, I made sure they'd have them in the morning (they will) and told them about the Walmart deal, asked if they'd at the very least kill the bull upgrade fee. The manager said that he couldn't do it, but said that if he were me, he'd buy it from Walmart. I seriously hate dealing with Verizon, in general. As soon as somebody gets a comparable network, I'm out.

I cant even get through the IVR to get to a store rep to try.

I still have no email or notification on the order from Walmart Wireless on the 2 note 2s I ordered on Monday, just a pending Verizon approval. Me thinks until it is released officially by Verizon tomorrow 11/29 any orders like this will not have any information or ship date. My credit card shows a pending charge of $1 from Simplexity. Like I said earlier I am in no hurry for the phones but need them before the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordmastertech View Post
    I still have no email or notification on the order from Walmart Wireless on the 2 note 2s I ordered on Monday, just a pending Verizon approval. Me thinks until it is released officially by Verizon tomorrow 11/29 any orders like this will not have any information or ship date. My credit card shows a pending charge of $1 from Simplexity. Like I said earlier I am in no hurry for the phones but need them before the holidays.
    Ordered mine on Sunday. It was approved and is just waiting to be shipped once WM get more inventory from vzw. The e-mail I received Monday, seen in one of my previous posts said their inventory was depleted. I'm thinking they started shipping some for the first pre-orders on Monday like vzw did for direct pre-ordered on their site. I think WM likely ran out before they got to mine.

I just called my local Walmart and they knew nothing about the $100 gift card with the purchase of a Straight Talk phone and plan...like you said, Idiots!

I can't seem to find the deal anymore? Can anyone else find it still?

Quote Originally Posted by Trudy Jaynes View Post
    I just called my local Walmart and they knew nothing about the $100 gift card with the purchase of a Straight Talk phone and plan...like you said, Idiots!
    How or why would there be a gift card for a pre-paid phone (e.g. no contract)? No store/company would do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordmastertech View Post
    Yap, a few more days left on the $100 eCard deal, though Sat it looks like.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by zanshin825 View Post
    I just stopped by a corporate store on the off chance they'd sell me one today. They wouldn't. Anyway, I made sure they'd have them in the morning (they will) and told them about the Walmart deal, asked if they'd at the very least kill the bull upgrade fee. The manager said that he couldn't do it, but said that if he were me, he'd buy it from Walmart. I seriously hate dealing with Verizon, in general. As soon as somebody gets a comparable network, I'm out.
    same here. went to VZW store today and the doofus there was rude and said he couldnt do anything for me. now i waiting on the fedex truck which is due to deliver my pre-order from vzw. paying top dollar i guess but i will have a sweet phone! if walmart getds uit in in the 14 dasy i will return it to vzw

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 View Post
    same here. went to VZW store today and the doofus there was rude and said he couldnt do anything for me. now i waiting on the fedex truck which is due to deliver my pre-order from vzw. paying top dollar i guess but i will have a sweet phone! if walmart getds uit in in the 14 dasy i will return it to vzw
    Deal ends Dec 1 for the $100 gift card which I doubt they would have by then. What would be your incentive to return and buy it at Walmart when that deal is over? Cheaper price? O_o

I pre-ordered on the 25th I have been waiting for this phone since the beginning of August even watching the live launch in Germany and looking for any leaks on this phone. However, Walmart ran its promotion for the $100 gift card and being a college student I had to take the better offer... I just called them today to see if they knew when they would be getting their inventory in and they said that they still didn't have any information... I am really tempted to just run over to my Verizon store to see if they have it and cancel my pre-order through walmart but I would feel really guilty throwing away $100 to have not waited just a few more days...

- - - Updated - - -

I pre-ordered on the 25th I have been waiting for this phone since the beginning of August even watching the live launch in Germany and looking for any leaks on this phone. However, Walmart ran its promotion for the $100 gift card and being a college student I had to take the better offer... I just called them today to see if they knew when they would be getting their inventory in and they said that they still didn't have any information... I am really tempted to just run over to my Verizon store to see if they have it and cancel my pre-order through walmart but I would feel really guilty throwing away $100 to have not waited just a few more days...
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

fedex came i got it! cant go back now and wait for walmart have to activate drool drool drool. in LOVE with a PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am ordering mine off walmart right now. Have to do it over the phone. They have both colors and they give the $100 gift card with it. I should get mine Monday!

I ordered it from walmart on sunday. They have terrible communication, the least they could is update you daily on the status of the stock:/ Anyways, I talked to someone from the support group and they still don't have any stock yet. Im kind of tempted to cancel and drop by the local verizon store.

@sillyrabbitt123
    did you preorder through verizon or walmart?

Quote Originally Posted by machin576 View Post
    I am ordering mine off walmart right now. Have to do it over the phone. They have both colors and they give the $100 gift card with it. I should get mine Monday!
    They actually told you that you could expect to receive it on Monday?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by greasysock View Post
    I ordered it from walmart on sunday. They have terrible communication, the least they could is update you daily on the status of the stock:/ Anyways, I talked to someone from the support group and they still don't have any stock yet. Im kind of tempted to cancel and drop by the local verizon store.

@sillyrabbitt123
    did you preorder through verizon or walmart?
    pre-order from VZW in oct. i saw the walmart deal the other day and wanted the 100 bucks so i figured i would get at walmart and return to vzw. since walmart doesnt have it and i now have the phone in hand i am kind of giving up on my 100 bucks.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

I couldnt wait any longer. Just got mine from verizon corp store. Took two hours but it was worth it! Plus what horrible coincidence my gf dropped my previous phone after I got my note 2 lol. No turning back now.

They sent an email saying shipping is delayed. Lol. I am going to cancel and go buy from my local Verizon store. They said they would wave the activation fee.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Quote Originally Posted by vNaK View Post
    I couldnt wait any longer. Just got mine from verizon corp store. Took two hours but it was worth it! Plus what horrible coincidence my gf dropped my previous phone after I got my note 2 lol. No turning back now.

enjoy and congrats!

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Does anyone know how the Walmart deal compares with the Costco Wireless, which includes free activation, 3-in-1 charger, 2 cases, 2 scratch protectors, assuming using same phone line already with Verizon, out of contract, and that one actually wants the free items?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast