Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 93
Like Tree60Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    In case you don't want to wait, Verizon stores are receiving their demo units today. We received ours and some accessories.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    MERCDROID likes this.
  2. #2  
    superlawyer15's Avatar

    Posts
    574 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    tell us about the logo on the button

    how easy is it to scratch it off?

    is the logo just applied over the glossy layer of the button?
    or is it underneath the clear coat?
    karsdroid likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    tell us about the logo on the button

    how easy is it to scratch it off?

    is the logo just applied over the glossy layer of the button?
    or is it underneath the clear coat?
    I really doubt he is going to try and damage their demo units.
  4. #4  
    superlawyer15's Avatar

    Posts
    574 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    I really doubt he is going to try and damage their demo units.
    who said anything of damaging?

    if its on like the att logo on the back of their note, then it can easily come off

    if u run your finger across it and its smooth, then its under the clear coat and u cant scratch it off
    pblakk likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    In case you don't want to wait, Verizon stores are receiving their demo units today. We received ours and some accessories.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    When will they start selling it?
    Cory
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    To be honest , I don't want to see it until mine arrives. Working here takes the fun out of new phones, because we get to play with them so soon. Lol sorry if that sounds ridiculous.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    11/29

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  
    ToddL's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    When will they start selling it?
    My VZW store just called me and said their shipment arrives tomorrow, and I can come by and get mine sometime after 2pm.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    I have a question please. Do you know if there will be a 32GB version coming out in the near future? Or will it only be the 16GB version? I seem to recall with the Samsung S3, it took a couple weeks or so for the 32GB version to come out, and I'm wondering if the Note 2 will be the same way? Thanks! Casey
  10. #10  
    superlawyer15's Avatar

    Posts
    574 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    To be honest , I don't want to see it until mine arrives. Working here takes the fun out of new phones, because we get to play with them so soon. Lol sorry if that sounds ridiculous.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    you can't just run your finger across the home button?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    It doesn't have any type of layer over it, So it shouldn't be to difficult to scratch off.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    you can't just run your finger across the home button?
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Is this online p@rn? Joke! Anyway, I just called my local Verizon store, and they don't have any demo display unit available yet The rep said the Note 2 should be available Nov 29.
    MERCDROID likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    Is this online p@rn? Joke! Anyway, I just called my local Verizon store, and they don't have any demo display unit available yet The rep said the Note 2 should be available Nov 29.
    I'm just sick of this whole Verizon button cry baby crap!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    What's the big deal about the carriers logo. How ridiculous to get bent out over something so trivial. The logo doesn't bother me. Gets sprint sales reps off my back when o tell them I am not leaving verizon

    sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Can you confirm whether the app/widget screen and homescreens have continuous scrolling like the GS3?
  17. #17  
    superlawyer15's Avatar

    Posts
    574 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    If u fail to understand that a carrier having that amount of leverage over an OEM is bad for consumers then u have no business commenting on others opinions in regards to carrier branding
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    If u fail to understand that a carrier having that amount of leverage over an OEM is bad for consumers then u have no business commenting on others opinions in regards to carrier branding
    Still OMG!!! Like others have said if you don't like it don't buy it, cover it, or my hopes for yours, the button comes with the logo "ANAL".

    KARMA
    Thanked by:
    Markster1, MERCDROID and infmethod like this.
  19. #19  
    superlawyer15's Avatar

    Posts
    574 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Still OMG!!! Like others have said if you don't like it don't buy it, cover it, or my hopes for yours, the button comes with the logo "ANAL".

    KARMA
    You are clearly uneducated in regards to this issue (or as your grammar suggests, in general)

    Its not about the logo itself
    Its about the control Verizon has over the device manufacturer
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    You are clearly uneducated in regards to this issue (or as your grammar suggests, in general)

    Its not about the logo itself
    Its about the control Verizon has over the device manufacturer
    Samsung is Verizon's customer here. Verizon asked them to put the logo on there and Samsung agreed to do it. Do you really think there was any hesitation by Samsung or that Verizon forced them to do it? Of course not, it was a mutual business agreement that benefits both parties, simple as that. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Move on.
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Samsung is Verizon's customer here. Verizon asked them to put the logo on there and Samsung agreed to do it. Do you really think there was any hesitation by Samsung or that Verizon forced them to do it? Of course not, it was a mutual business agreement that benefits both parties, simple as that. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Move on.
    Exactly! And Roll Tide!
    MERCDROID likes this.
  22. #22  
    superlawyer15's Avatar

    Posts
    574 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Samsung is Verizon's customer here. Verizon asked them to put the logo on there and Samsung agreed to do it. Do you really think there was any hesitation by Samsung or that Verizon forced them to do it? Of course not, it was a mutual business agreement that benefits both parties, simple as that. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Move on.
    everything you wrote is flat out wrong!

    for starters, its verizon that's samsung's customer, not the other way around
    second, everything else you wrote is useless given that you arent privileged to any internal negotiations between the two companies. This is all in addition to the fact that samsung in no way benefits by having another company's logo on their product. Furthermore, your use of a phrase such as "mutual business agreement" indicates that you have no formal or practical business experiences and thus are in no position to make assumptions as to the practices of major corporations.

    Now, since there seems to be a lot of clueless individuals let me elaborate:
    Its more than just a logo, its indicative of the carriers bargaining position in comparison to the manufacturer. No other carrier had their logo printed on the home button, this indicates that it was done at the request of Verizon. In order for Samsung to undertake the cost and added time needed to do so, there must have been something to motivate them to do so, and the only logical thing is that Verizon probably would have refused to carry the device had they not done so.

    Furthermore, in keeping with the notion that it is a disadvantage to have the carrier have such a strong negotiating stance, consider this;
    Verizon's model is the only one (to my knowledge) to ship with a locked bootloader, thus severely limiting one's ability to install custom roms. This is a far more functional limitation than a logo on a button but it stems from my complaint that verizon has too much power over OEMS.
    We are also likely to be effected in regards to future updates, since Verizon is likely to exert more influence into what the updates contain and when they are pushed out.

    Bottom line, its more than just the logo, and if you can't understand that this problem encompasses more than just a printed logo than you shouldn't be commenting on the issue.
    This goes beyond just the Note 2, its about Verizon's anti-consumer business practices in general
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    mkhalil06... unless Verizon is doing something illegal.... and they are not. Then they can run their business as they want.

    Would you not want the same for yourself? Sure, I dont want the logo on the button. My recourse is to speak with my wallet... Strong arm, leverage etc etc, call it what you want..... some even call it negotiation. Its the way business works.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Like a Boss

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    everything you wrote is flat out wrong!

    for starters, its verizon that's samsung's customer, not the other way around
    second, everything else you wrote is useless given that you are privileged to any internal negotiations between the two companies. This is all in addition to the fact that samsung in no way benefits by having another company's logo on their product. Furthermore, your use of a phrase such as "mutual business agreement" indicates that you have no formal or practical business experiences and thus are in no position to make assumptions as to the practices of major corporations.

    Now, since there seems to be a lot of clueless individuals let me elaborate:
    Its more than just a logo, its indicative of the carriers bargaining position in comparison to the manufacturer. No other carrier had their logo printed on the home button, this indicates that it was done at the request of Verizon. In order for Samsung to undertake the cost and added time needed to do so, there must have been something to motivate them to do so, and the only logical thing is that Verizon probably would have refused to carry the device had they not done so.

    Furthermore, in keeping with the notion that it is a disadvantage to have the carrier have such a strong negotiating stance, consider this;
    Verizon's model is the only one (to my knowledge) to ship with a locked bootloader, thus severely limiting one's ability to install custom roms. This is a far more functional limitation than a logo on a button but it stems from my complaint that verizon has too much power over OEMS.
    We are also likely to be effected in regards to future updates, since Verizon is likely to exert more influence into what the updates contain and when they are pushed out.

    Bottom line, its more than just the logo, and if you can't understand that this problem encompasses more than just a printed logo than you shouldn't be commenting on the issue.
    This goes beyond just the Note 2, its about Verizon's anti-consumer business practices in general
    Thanked by:
    Jocelyn84 likes this.
  25. #25  
    superlawyer15's Avatar

    Posts
    574 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Demo units arrive in Verizon Store.

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    mkhalil06... unless Verizon is doing something illegal.... and they are not. Then they can run their business as they want.

    Would you not want the same for yourself? Sure, I dont want the logo on the button. My recourse is to speak with my wallet... Strong arm, leverage etc etc, call it what you want..... some even call it negotiation. Its the way business works.
    you are 100% correct
    but i have little say in who my firm utilizes as a cellular carrier
    MERCDROID likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy Nexus in-store demo unit display
    By kidserious in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 12:33 PM
  2. GNex training materials/charts arriving at Verizon stores
    By MMcCraryNJ in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 02:24 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 09:10 PM
  4. Verizon 4G LTE SIM Cards Arriving in Stores
    By Preach2k in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 02:04 PM
  5. Googles Nexus One Not Likely in Verizon Stores
    By faithwarrior118 in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

B