Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By smackdn775
  • 2 Post By Joe the Insider
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who is looking to buy the OEM case from Samsung?

I am still debating on which case to get for the phone. I was considering the Samsung case (the one with the flap cover) , just don't know the quality. What is the majority going with here?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Who is looking to buy the OEM case from Samsung?

I ordered the flip case cover I think they look sleek!

Global Posts
    4,347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smackdn775 View Post
    I am still debating on which case to get for the phone. I was considering the Samsung case (the one with the flap cover) , just don't know the quality. What is the majority going with here?

Verizon usually has them as well so you may be able to see one first hand and if you don't like it, return it. I like the design but not keen on holding the flap back when on a call. I went with the Seideo Active case for my daily driver though.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Watching the video on the Samsung site, apparently you can talk with the flap closed. That is one of the selling points as well....keeps sweat and make up off the screen.

Thanked by 2:
    CeeDotSmith likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Watching the video on the Samsung site, apparently you can talk with the flap closed. That is one of the selling points as well....keeps sweat and make up off the screen.

That's crazy enough to work. How did I never think of doing that?

I had one with my S3, they are nice, but end up getting in the way especially when you want to take pictures, play games or watch videos.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I bought one for my s3 and hated it.....ok well i liked it when it was closed but whether the flap is flapping open or tucked back behind it is hard to hold. it kept slipping out of my hand and i was left holding the flap while my new toy dangled. i was tempted to try again cuz i love the concept, but no way, it just wasn't functional when it was open.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I bought the samsung cover +
    its not a flip case, its a tpu case that goes over the back of the device

Amazon.com: Samsung Protective Bumper Cover Plus Case for Galaxy Note 2 (Black): Computers & Accessories

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    I had one with my S3, they are nice, but end up getting in the way especially when you want to take pictures, play games or watch videos.

I ordered one with my phone, but am having second thoughts. Watched a review and it does not seem to protect the phone very well, and this comment makes it seem like a real pain. I am hoping for otterbox to come through with a commuter case, or maybe one of the Seido cases.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Who is looking to buy the OEM case from Samsung?

Quote Originally Posted by bigguy_132 View Post
    I ordered the flip case cover I think they look sleek!
    I used one for about a month when I purchased the S3. Overall they are nice, but I found one big draw back with it. When taking pictures the darn became an annoyance because it was hard to keep it from blocking the camera lens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    I bought the samsung cover +
    its not a flip case, its a tpu case that goes over the back of the device

Amazon.com: Samsung Protective Bumper Cover Plus Case for Galaxy Note 2 (Black): Computers & Accessories
    I've considered the white one...do you have it? How does it fit? How does that "rubberized" strip work? THANKS!
    Cory

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    I've considered the white one...do you have it? How does it fit? How does that "rubberized" strip work? THANKS!
    I have the black one but I dont have the phone yet so I cant comment as to how it fits
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

I got the Samsing Flip Case.....pretty cool....but I also purchased the Seido Active case right here on Android Central....it looks pretty sweet!!!

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I was going to get one, but not for the price they are charging for it and it leaves the battery door to get all scratched up. If they had incorporated it so you could use a case with it then I would have been sold.

My white one arrived today. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to put it on. Verizon gave me a free accessory out of the kindness of their heart and I chose this. Primarily because it would obviate the need for a protective screen. Looks like I might need to revisit the case threads floating around.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I was going to get one, but not for the price they are charging for it and it leaves the battery door to get all scratched up. If they had incorporated it so you could use a case with it then I would have been sold.
    The flip case comes with its own battery door. Yes, it will get scratched/marks, but the original battery door will be pristine when you move on to a new phone.

Global Posts
    4,347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post

I didn't think of the issue with the camera. This one is off my list.

I really like mine. I love having a naked phone, because I hate cases that make the phone bulkier. I don't drop my phones but I do accidentally put things in the same pocket sometimes so I wanted something to protect my screen. I had a screen protector on my S3 and hated it, they are fingerprint/oil magnets and scratch VERY easily, so I could see myself replacing it every couple of months.

This flip cover protects the screen while in my pocket or if i lay it down somewhere and it adds very little bulk ti my phone. It is a little cumbersome at first to take pictures but you get used to letting the flap hang while you take pictures. I also like that it protects the camera lens while you are using the phone and have the flap flipped back.

It doesn't protect the top, bottom, back or sides of the phone so if you drop your phone a lot this is not for you.

Verizon gave me a white one out of kindness. Preordered a orange one before getting the phone and just received it yesterday. I really like the stock look of it and I'll probably switch back and forth with the white one. I usually keep my phones naked since I don't like the added bulk and look of cases but these replace the battery door so not much bulk to deal with. Plus now it just has a clean samsung logo on the back instead of the obnoxious LTE 4G and Verizon logos.

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

Here's a video of the white case. It's in Russian so you can't understand what he is saying but you can definitely get a good look at the case and see that it barely adds any thickness to the Note II.

I ordered the black version (I have a Titanium Silver Note II) and I should get it within the next few days.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Galaxy Note II - Rooted - Black Status Bar w/WiFi Toggle

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    I ordered one with my phone, but am having second thoughts. Watched a review and it does not seem to protect the phone very well, and this comment makes it seem like a real pain. I am hoping for otterbox to come through with a commuter case, or maybe one of the Seido cases.
    Just a followup, I used the samsung flip for two days and it did not work for me. I was worried I was going to drop the phone everytime I took it out of my pocket because it is slick, and it was a pain to keep flipping the thing open when I just wanted to glance and see notifications or the time. Also, the cover hides notifications. Probably from my experience with blackberry's, but I am addicted to flashing lights! I bought a speck case because that is all I could find today, and will see how that works out.

Got a flip case on Amazon for $10. If I don't like it then not much $ wasted.

I ditched mine yesterday. Too awkward to hold. I was hoping I might not need a screen protector but I ended up with a Bodyglove case and ordered the Steinheil oleophobic shield.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I have the OEM flip case in grey and think its great. Light and not bulky at all. Phone and case still fit in hip pocket comfortably. No problem for me in taking pictures either.

Bought the "Titanium-grey" model from the local Big Red store today. Actually really like it: it looks refined, slim and classy, it adds zero bulk (which is important to me when dealing with an already huge device), and, perhaps best of all, it protects the screen. That last part counts to me...I never drop my phones, but I'm still concerned about the screen getting scratched up in my pockets. This case makes that a problem solved. Pricey, but I'm alright with that.