1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Q]----For those of you that have it....----

Once and for all, does it have wireless charging pins like the international and tmo versions? I've got mixed answers since day 1 lol. Thanks!
    Last edited by kris.richards; 11-28-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Default Re: [Q]----For those of you that have it....----

I want to know too!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I haven't heard of anyone who got theirs yet. I guess we will all know tomorrow or late tonight if someone posts.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

The only pins that I see on the back of mine are for the NFC back cover connection. No other pins for charging.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlaigle View Post
    The only pins that I see on the back of mine are for the NFC back cover connection. No other pins for charging.
    Yes, this above.

I thought the Verizon & US Cellular versions of the N2 have NFC via the battery? If you go on the Samsung website for accessories, you will see that they have 2 batteries for the N2. One for Verizon/US Cellular and one for everone else.

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    I thought the Verizon & US Cellular versions of the N2 have NFC via the battery? If you go on the Samsung website for accessories, you will see that they have 2 batteries for the N2. One for Verizon/US Cellular and one for everone else.
    hopefully I got the picture attached correctly. There are only two pins for the NFC and that's it.

BTW Swype sucks because the auto space and auto capitalization features don't work within a browser apparently. Real bummer, I have been achieving amazing speeds and accuracy with it in email and texts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Q]----For those of you that have it....-----20121129_075119.jpg  

Interesting... I wonder why Verizon and US Cellular have the own version of the battery for the N2?

Swype... meh. I love Swiftkey. Its ability to predict THE NEXT word I want to type is uncanny. It makes typing beyond fast... it hyper fast.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Phone rocks!! Had S3...this is REALLY better.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
    hopefully I got the picture attached correctly. There are only two pins for the NFC and that's it.

BTW Swype sucks because the auto space and auto capitalization features don't work within a browser apparently. Real bummer, I have been achieving amazing speeds and accuracy with it in email and texts
    Same on the DNA with Swype. I'm sure they will fix soon.

Getting my note 2 in a few minutes.

The Nottinator

I just bought this adapter for my energizer qi pad.

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

can we get a picture of the back of the phone without the cover? That is where we will see the pins for wireless charging. Sometimes they are covered up by a sticker.

The part of the NFC that is on the rear cover is the nfc antenna. The part of the wireless charging that will (eventually) be on the cover will be the inductor coil. A cover with the coil hasn't been released by Samsung yet. But itt is only a matter of buying the correct accessory/parts. Unless you want to make your own (there are kits out there for that using Palm hardware.)
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDroidLurker View Post
    can we get a picture of the back of the phone without the cover? That is where we will see the pins for wireless charging. Sometimes they are covered up by a sticker.

The part of the NFC that is on the rear cover is the nfc antenna. The part of the wireless charging that will (eventually) be on the cover will be the inductor coil. A cover with the coil hasn't been released by Samsung yet. But itt is only a matter of buying the correct accessory/parts. Unless you want to make your own (there are kits out there for that using Palm hardware.)
    there are no extra pins besides the existing NFC connectors down in earlier picture. there are no stickers covering up anything either. you may not be able to see but there is possibly a knockout plate at the bottom.which might be used if those pins.are.included on some.models. but the VZW n2? no native inductive charging that I see.
    Last edited by volsfan0911; 11-29-2012 at 10:03 AM.

I don't think official Swype is on the phone, instead it's Samsung's version. I'm going to get the Swype Beta from the site and try that.

this might help huh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Q]----For those of you that have it....-----20121129_103708.jpg  

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

That does indeed help. From what I can see there (unless the pins have been moved down to the bottom of the frame) there are no wireless charging pins. That may mean that VZW decided to have that feature removed for some reason...... I will find out more once I get mine and do a little......exploring.

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

I was hoping to see something akin to this.....
    ignore the red arrows.

You will notice the second set of pins to the side of the battery. Those are what we are looking for. The international version has them. But if ours doesn't then we will have to wait for an aftermarket battery/door combo that is specially designed for the VZW version.

yes, I've noticed those on reviews of the N1700 international version and thought that's what they were. Not there on VZW model (SCH-i605 I believe). Obviously, VZW had no intention of making this Qi compatible. Didn't want to steal the thunder from the Droid DNA? Or some other reason? Can't really be cost cutting - it's hardware ready on other versions.

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

It wouldn't surprise me if the pins were sitting there under the plastic molding. The Tmobile version had pins but they were not compatible with current tech. Some intrepid tinkerers over at XDA swapped out a cable and board to get it to function.

Wireless charging is overrated IMO. The charging pads are too expensive as well. I think you're better off with the Samsung spare battery charger and a spare battery. Just swap and go as needed.

Check out those things on Ebay. All you do is snap it on the phone and set it down on the charger. No cables!

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

I would agree that the wireless charging is more of a gimmick than a flagship feature.......BUT, it's another TOY to play with!!

Swiftkey is installed on the note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2