Vzw note 2 random reboot

daven2

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I got my note 2 last night and I am having problems with it ranomly rebooting. There is really no specific app or function im using when it happens, and some times ill take it out of my pocket to see it on the boot screen frozen and have to take the batery out and back in. Any thoughts or solutions? Anyone else have this problem
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This happened while I was trying out the demo phone i handled. I chalked it up to the vzw demo software that kept trying to cut in. It happened maybe 3 times in the span of two hours. Maybe I was wrong?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Aw man the fact you saw it happen in the store on a demo and a user sees it on his own personal device is very concerning.

Being a Thunderbolt user looking to ditch this POS I am not liking the sound of this :(

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I am picking up a Note II today as well and would like to get more info on this. Can others confirm if the rebooting is rampant?

daven2

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
For me its completely random, sometimes it will happen two times in a row but can also happen like every 40 min. I will keep you guys updated throughout the day if it happens again. It has already happend 3 times since 7 this morning. But like I said some times its double or it just freezes on the vzw boot animation. Weel see when everyonr else gets theirs hopefully this is just a bad device

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Just received mine and it randomly rebooted while it was updating all of my apps so I was hoping that it was related to just being updated. I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come. The phone is absolutely gorgeous though.

OMG! It just did it again. Not good!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try a master (factory) reset just to ensure the phone is at a clean known state (something I always do with any new device). Does it still do it afterward and before installing any apps? Also, may be it's a common app everyone has that is causing a problem (not playing well with Jelly Bean)?

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Man this is scary I'm going to get mine after work today but I think I'm gonna keep my eye on this tread if this becomes a big problem I will just wait a week or so to see what's going on! You would think after vzw took an extra month to put it out that there wouldn't be any bugs.

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Obviously this "could" be a relatively big issue, but all os' have bugs when they hit consumers en masse. iOS has had issues, HTC WP8 phones had rebooting issues, previous Android releases have had bugs...hard to avoid, even with manufacturer and carrier testing; just hard to replicate phones out in the wild.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Well this was why I wanted to wait a couple weeks to order mine, to wait and get firsthand reports and see if there are any issues. I jumped the gun this morning but will cancel and wait probably two weeks.

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Obviously this "could" be a relatively big issue, but all os' have bugs when they hit consumers en masse. iOS has had issues, HTC WP8 phones had rebooting issues, previous Android releases have had bugs...hard to avoid, even with manufacturer and carrier testing; just hard to replicate phones out in the wild.

I know what your saying but there is a big difference between a little bug and having a phone that is unusable especially when u just forked out some big money for it!

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I know the Bionic had this issue as well...none of the other forums (AT&T, Sprint) have reported this issue...could be a Verizon thing? They had enough time to test it!

CLTnik

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
dang, I hope they fix this. This just killed my buzz while waiting for it. My wife is waiting on Iphone 5 and I was trying to get her to switch to android and if this starts happening to me right away I will have to keep it to hush until the fix lol. I am sure it is a software bug, as verizon messed with it and I am also sure they will fix it. No need to panic right away, but i get it, i will be upset more than you all are if it starts doing it

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Like I said above I thought the demo I used crashed because I was installing apps and launchers and just running through the phone like a maniac. I even disabled the vzw demo app with no success. So when it happened to me I really did think I had caused it with all my fudging.

That being said I wouldn't panic, we are only a few. Let's breath and see how this if there even is a "this" pans out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

daven2

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: After tons of lag afew random resets touchwiz and some applicatiins crashing. And a bug where when I tried to use the keyboard on anything messeging, this forum, internet. the space would show up for it but there was no keyboard. I did a factory reset so I will continue to keep you guys up dated. Nothing bad yet. But ive only been using it for about 5 minutes haha