Can someone recommend a good video chat app for Note 2?

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Now that I will soon have a decent size screen for video chat, what's a good video chat app?

I know Skype is out there and most people know it, but is it the best? A friend uses Tango which he likes but I havent tried it yet.

My wife uses facetime on her iphone and its nice cuz "it just works". But since I will never go to ios, Im looking for something similar.

Thanks all!

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, since you get GTalk access with your Gmail it is pretty simple. Download the app and login. I use it quite a bit to chat with her from work on my laptop. (although soon I will be using my new GN2) I just hit her contact and it dials her phone. Never had a problem with quality. She is on a Droid Bionic so her camera isn't the best but it connects and sounds just fine.

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Skype is the best of the breed at this time. Tango works OK butboth are free so why not go with the better product? $0.02

I like the fact that Skype will adjust resolution, etc. based upon your bandwidth. So if you get a slowdown hiccup, Skype adjusts for it.

Not sure if the others do.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Google Talk for me. I installed Vtok on my wife and daughter's iPhones so they can "FaceTime" me and it works great.

grmrsan

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
When I tried it, I could do short voice messages, but not video calls. I don't know if I'm just not finding it or if it just doesn't work on my Note 2.