Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon removed some apps from the split screen multi-task bar? Can anyone confirm?

I saw this thread on XDA and it looks like Verizon has removed some key apps from the multi-task bar (split window). Are YouTube, Twitter, and Chrome really not available here?

I won't get my Note until I get home from work this evening, but can anyone confirm what apps are actually available?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon removed some apps from the split screen multi-task bar? Can anyone confirm?

Yup! They did. I was going crazy last night trying to figure out how to edit multiscreen task bar. They are missing.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Verizon removed some apps from the split screen multi-task bar? Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by in8won View Post
    Yup! They did. I was going crazy last night trying to figure out how to edit multiscreen task bar. They are missing.
    Can you add them back in?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

From what I've read there is currently no way to add them. Bummer, but I imagine it won't be too long before we have root and have a way around this.

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

What apps exactly did they remove? This is such a bummer, I thought Verizon stopped doing this crap when smartphones became the norm?

Man, I am struggling with this now.... I'm sure the random reboot issue is probably just a small batch, but couple everything together.... I hate Verizon. I hate them so much. My phone should be here soon but I've got doubts and it hurts me deeply.
    AirlinerDudeB6 likes this.

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

VZW seems to delight in taking away functionality and adding bloat to their devices.
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsadler09 View Post
    I saw this thread on XDA and it looks like Verizon has removed some key apps from the multi-task bar (split window). Are YouTube, Twitter, and Chrome really not available here?

I won't get my Note until I get home from work this evening, but can anyone confirm what apps are actually available?

Before you guys start blaming Verizon again, you might go back to the xda thread and read it again. The international Note II has the same missing apps.
    lilmoney30#WN likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Before you guys start blaming Verizon again, you might go back to the xda thread and read it again. The international Note II has the same missing apps.
    I am assuming we will have to wait for an update to get pushed to these apps.

Quote Originally Posted by bigguy_132 View Post
    I am assuming we will have to wait for an update to get pushed to these apps.
    That would be my guess or possible actual app update. Probably incompatibility reasons.
    I asked to verify what I took from that post. I just haven't heard back.
    Thanked by:

This really sucks, this is one of my most-wanted features of this phone. I don't really want to root my device, but this makes it really tempting.
    the1m.polo likes this.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Opticzar View Post
    This really sucks, this is one of my most-wanted features of this phone. I don't really want to root my device, but this makes it really tempting.
    lets just hope we can even root, given that verizon was nice enough to lock the bootloader for us

Where do you see that in the XDA thread? All kest874 said was "I have the international note 2 and it requires either modifying the framework, or a app that has been written. I'm sure the app can be ported once someone gets root." He doesn't say anything about which apps are included and which are not.

Verizon didn't remove those, even reviews on other versions don't support chrome and YouTube.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Where do you see that in the XDA thread? All kest874 said was "I have the international note 2 and it requires either modifying the framework, or a app that has been written. I'm sure the app can be ported once someone gets root." He doesn't say anything about which apps are included and which are not.
    That is why I asked him to confirm it. But from his post that's what I read from it.
    Humm. What did you get from it?

That is why I asked him to confirm it. But from his post that's what I read from it.
    Humm. What did you get from it?
    Just that you couldn't easily add apps to it. I didn't think he was making any comments about which apps were included.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    Verizon didn't remove those, even reviews on other versions don't support chrome and YouTube.
    Are you sure? I just went to the Sprint Galaxy Note 2 forum to get a list of apps, and came across this screen shot:

Link? I couldn't find it

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Stop making stuff up to defend the company you work for

there are countless videos out there that show BOTH chrome and youtube working

mrxblue likes this.

I thought the topic creator was just referring to the apps not being on the multi task bar. I would assume you can still use youtube an chrome within the app drawer, right?
    leroybrute likes this.

Link? I couldn't find it
    Sprint rolling out update that brings the multi view feature
    mrxblue likes this.

I found it. I noticed he was rooted with a custom recovery.
    David Valliant35 answered the topic best. By being able to open app within an app.

Whoops
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by David Valliant35 View Post
    I thought the topic creator was just referring to the apps not being on the multi task bar. I would assume you can still use youtube an chrome within the app drawer, right?
    Yeah, from what I understand those apps just aren't available for multi-tasking/split window, but are still available from the app drawer.
    Thanked by:
    mrxblue likes this.

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

So root is the way, as it always is.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast