Verizon corporate store won't let me buy Note 2 at full price until 2 weeks later ?!?!?

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy does list it as $799 but they will price match the Verizon price of $699. You just have to ask them to price match.

Oh, that's interesting. My local BB refused to price match full retail prices on their smartphones. I'll try asking again, might try a different store too. Thanks for the info.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
that's why you just buy it off contract from Costco, with that sweet 90 day return policy

Nope, return policy for phones bought from Costco is only 14 days. Only electronics (not counting cell phones) have 90 day return policy. I asked plus they have a little poster about it on their kiosk.

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Nope, return policy for phones bought from Costco is only 14 days. Only electronics (not counting cell phones) have 90 day return policy. I asked plus they have a little poster about it on their kiosk.

It's actually 90 days for cell phones, but the catch is, if you decide to cancel your contract after X days of the trial period, you will have to pay ETF . The 90 days only applies to the cell phone itself, not the contract.

Straight from their website:

If I do not like my phone, can I return it?
Costco's return policy for any Wireless Advocates merchandise is 90 days from date of purchase. This includes all wireless accessories and handsets. Within 90 days you may receive a refund on the handset itself once it is received back into our distribution center. However, you will still be responsible for any applicable early termination fees if service is canceled after the Trial Period. The Trial Period varies by carrier and state. See carrier Cancellation Policy for details."

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It's actually 90 days for cell phones, but the catch is, if you decide to cancel your contract after X days of the trial period, you will have to pay ETF . The 90 days only applies to the cell phone itself, not the contract.

Straight from their website:

If I do not like my phone, can I return it?
Costco's return policy for any Wireless Advocates merchandise is 90 days from date of purchase. This includes all wireless accessories and handsets. Within 90 days you may receive a refund on the handset itself once it is received back into our distribution center. However, you will still be responsible for any applicable early termination fees if service is canceled after the Trial Period. The Trial Period varies by carrier and state. See carrier Cancellation Policy for details."

This is what I understand from them: (also straight from the site)

"Verizon:

You can try out our service for 14 days. Verizon Wireless gives all customers a 14 day (from date of purchase) trial period to try out the phone and Verizon service without incurring an early termination fee. If the service is canceled after the 14 day trial period, Verizon will charge the subscriber an early termination fee per line of service as follows:

Advanced Handset: $350 Early Termination Fee (Fee will be reduced by $10 for each full month completed toward the minimum term of the contract) Note: Visit https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/support/software-updates/&token=gS5u94NL for details on Verizon handset types.

Standard Handset: $175 Early Termination Fee (Fee will be reduced by $5 for each full month completed toward the minimum term of the contract) Note: Visit https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/support/software-updates/&token=gS5u94NL for details on Verizon handset types."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair