Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Re: Blocking Mode Removed

Quote Originally Posted by dabaum3673 View Post
    Are you guys talking about the feature to block incoming calls of people on your contact list? There is a setting to add a contact to the "reject list". Open a contact to view and then hit menu.
    I believe they are talking about being able to set when calls/texts or emails are quiet at a certain time. I believe if you root it will work. Droidxcon is gonna help me tomorrow root mine and I will ask him.

Global Posts
    5,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Correct, and Verizon wants you to pay for a service they offer. Yet Apple can dictate terms and their phones are left untouched. Go figure.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tari View Post
    It's hidden because it's broken. While you can access the blocking mode menus, turning it on doesn't actually do anything. You can click through the article to the source at xda to read more about it.
    In using it on my stock gs3 with no problems. I accessed it using apex launcher.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I used it with no issues for about 5 days. It worked like it is supposed to. I stopped using it because I am already running Locale and it does the same thing. No reason to run two apps in the background doing the same job.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Quote Originally Posted by AirlinerDudeB6 View Post
    From what I can tell, Verizon has removed the "Blocking Mode" (Do Not Disturb) from their version of the Note 2.

May not be an issue for some, but it is a great feature.

If you tap on the dialer, then tap the menu button, then call settings at the top of that page you will find Call restriction. Tap it and there is an option to toggle Auto reject mode and an option to manage an auto reject list.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Ya but I want to schedule it to block only only certain people when I sleep along with all notifications. I believe I need to use to different apps for this. Wish a developer would create this for us.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

I think it's bizarre that my nephew has blocking mode on the sprint version of the gs3, but it's blocked on my Verizon version. Anyone have any idea what the reason for that be?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Ryano89 View Post
    I think it's bizarre that my nephew has blocking mode on the sprint version of the gs3, but it's blocked on my Verizon version. Anyone have any idea what the reason for that be?

Probably because they noticed that gs3 users were not using not using their call blocking function on their website and decided to remove it from the note.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Probably because they noticed that gs3 users were not using not using their call blocking function on their website and decided to remove it from the note.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    The response doesn't make sense, I'm asking why it would be removed from the Verizon gs3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

It's not. Only Note 2. Well it's hidden should I say.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    It's not. Only Note 2. Well it's hidden should I say.
    Yes it is hidden in the Verizon gs3. I'm asking if anyone knows why.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Check the GS3 forums. They may know.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I have been using it and have noticed one bug. If you try to create a custom list of allowed callers, it will crash when you attempt to save the custom list. You can use your Favorites as allowed callers, but I can't make Custom work.

for similar apps that will do this (and more):

Mr. Number
    Call Control
    (and my personal favorite) Root Call Blocker Pro

Llama is also a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by AirlinerDudeB6 View Post
    From what I can tell, Verizon has removed the "Blocking Mode" (Do Not Disturb) from their version of the Note 2.

May not be an issue for some, but it is a great feature.
    That sucks. The "Blocking Mode" is one of the reasons I went with the Note 2 over other phones. I would be pissed with Verizon for removing the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tari View Post
    It's hidden because it's broken. While you can access the blocking mode menus, turning it on doesn't actually do anything. You can click through the article to the source at xda to read more about it.
    Wow. What a joke. Verizon has a nerve.

Default Blocking Mode Removed

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Ya but I want to schedule it to block only only certain people when I sleep along with all notifications. I believe I need to use to different apps for this. Wish a developer would create this for us.
    Locale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

The real question is not whether Verizon hid it because it's either it was broken or they wanted to charge for it. No.

The real question is: is it broken because Verizon wanted it to be broken?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Use Tasker to essentially create your own Blocking mode. Mine activates under the conditions of between certain hours AND if it is plugged in so if I am out later than normal it doesn't silence my calls.

I then have it silence the notifications and lower the call volume. I don't get regular phone calls at night so I do leave ringer on low in case there is an emergency. I think I could make it block calls from everyone except certain people if I wanted, I just haven't tried yet.

And if you haven't used Tasker it is great for a lot of other stuff too.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Beans v17

I really don't know why so many are upset about it being hidden/buggy. I've been using Blacklist from the Play store for years and it works flawlessly. The dev has a free version as well so no need to spend money unless you want to help support our wonderful developers.
    Current devices - SGS3, SGN2, N7, N8, S7
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by CBConsultation View Post
    I really don't know why so many are upset about it being hidden/buggy. I've been using Blacklist from the Play store for years and it works flawlessly. The dev has a free version as well so no need to spend money unless you want to help support our wonderful developers.
    Because you can't have it on a schedule like the Icrap. I'll check out Blacklist. Thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by CBConsultation View Post
    So instead of using an OEM built in firmware that should come with your device out of the box, you have to look to 3rd party alternatives. I'm glad you're ok with this, but I'm not. I bought the phone expecting it to be there as it was a stand-out point on many reviews I saw before picking it up. The fact that Verizon hid it and potentially broke it intentionally really pisses me off. (I said that last part in a Duke Nukem accent)

Either way, unless it get's fixed and added into an OTA, I am going to call bull on Verizon and make a huge fuss. No excuse why they would remove this feature.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Good luck with that. Verizon could care less. Been there I know

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Beans v17

You're rightfully entitled to fuss all you like. I'm simply pointing out alternatives at this point. It's a phone for cryin' out loud. When a piece of technology starts upsetting people, maybe it's time to step back and take a look at the big picture.

I paid full retail for my Note 2 ($741 to be exact) and I don't let it or anything else **** me off. It's a material thing. Would I want my two year old son seeing daddy getting pissed over a piece of plastic? What would that say to him? Nothing I'm interested in.

There are way too many important things in life to worry about something so small and insignificant as this. Install a third party call blocker and be done with it. Plus, third party apps are what make Android so awesome. Support the devs.
    Current devices - SGS3, SGN2, N7, N8, S7
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast