Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Default Re: Blocking Mode Removed

Quote Originally Posted by CBConsultation View Post
    You're rightfully entitled to fuss all you like. I'm simply pointing out alternatives at this point. It's a phone for cryin' out loud. When a piece of technology starts upsetting people, maybe it's time to step back and take a look at the big picture.

I paid full retail for my Note 2 ($741 to be exact) and I don't let it or anything else **** me off. It's a material thing. Would I want my two year old son seeing daddy getting pissed over a piece of plastic? What would that say to him? Nothing I'm interested in.

There are way too many important things in life to worry about something so small and insignificant as this. Install a third party call blocker and be done with it. Plus, third party apps are what make Android so awesome. Support the devs.
    It's the principle of the matter, not the emotional trigger it causes.

Do you get upset when you order food and they get it wrong? You should be. And if you aren't then that's on you. If I order a hamburger with cheese and it doesn't come with cheese, I take it back and demand what I paid for. Obviously blocking mode might not be the equivalent to cheese on a burger to some people, but to others it is. Just saying, why let this one company bend you over and take it without even making a fuss? That passiveness is how they get by and are allowed to take more and more from you, the paying customer.

I do not have children yet, maybe in the next 5-10 years, but if I did have a son I would want him to grow up valuing his hard earned cash and making sure he gets what he pays for.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Beans v17

I save my aggressiveness for XDA and the forums I belong to over there. If I order something from someplace and they get it wrong, yes; I do bring it to their attention. But not in a manner which denounces my intellect. Anger is the body acting without the benefit of intellect. I save all my anger and rage for things better suited to receive them.
    Current devices - SGS3, SGN2, N7, N8, S7

Quote Originally Posted by coryteague View Post
    Hey guys and gals -

I know that a lot of us are bummed about the lack of blocking mode, multi-window apps, and other Verizon removals from our Note 2... so I have started a petition. It is our right to speak out against things so if you don't mind and are bummed by what Verizon did to the device then join me in letting them know.. It might not change anything but it is a way to get our voices heard.

Please sign if you are so obliged:
    Signed!

So are you telling me I am ignorant because I am passionate?

And what do you do then when bringing it to their attention in a calm and civil manner gets you nowhere? Do you accept that you paid for cheese on your burger and the burger Nazi isn't going to supply it to you?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Beans v17

I never called you anything. Do you feel insulted? Nobody here has called you anything to my knowledge.

My physical stature and tone of voice usually yield me positive results when dealing with those in public that need to have something brought to their attention.

And please don't let my low post count in any way deceive my level of professionalism. I've been on forums since the mid 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    So are you telling me I am ignorant because I am passionate?

And what do you do then when bringing it to their attention in a calm and civil manner gets you nowhere? Do you accept that you paid for cheese on your burger and the burger Nazi isn't going to supply it to you?
    haha Burger Nazi? you gotta be trolling.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I never called you anything. Do you feel insulted? Nobody here has called you anything to my knowledge.

My physical stature and tone of voice usually yield me positive results when dealing with those in public that need to have something brought to their attention.

And please don't let my low post count in any way deceive my level of professionalism. I've been on forums since the mid 90's.
    I save my aggressiveness for XDA and the forums I belong to over there. If I order something from someplace and they get it wrong, yes; I do bring it to their attention. But not in a manner which denounces my intellect. Anger is the body acting without the benefit of intellect. I save all my anger and rage for things better suited to receive them.
    I take the bolded statement as indication that you believe I act in a way that makes me appear less intelligent. Hence my comment that you are correlating passion with a lack of intelligence.
    In which case yes I take offense to you calling me an *****.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeX View Post
    haha Burger Nazi? you gotta be trolling.
    Seinfeld reference. No soup for you!

oh man. You get some serious points for the Seinfeld reference. So much so, I give you my personal recipe for Mulligatawny soup.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Beans v17

I take the bolded statement as indication that you believe I act in a way that makes me appear less intelligent. Hence my comment that you are correlating passion with a lack of intelligence.
    In which case yes I take offense to you calling me an *****.

And in bold I said my. Not 'your'. But of course you'd take offense. That chip on your shoulder seems huge. Once you get over the online persona you'll have a much better time dealing with the awful reality that nobody really cares that much about frivolous things. Blocking mode included.

Have a nice day and quit thinking everyone that doesn't feel the same way about something is out to offend you.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Hopefully the things that the Verizon Note 2 are missing will be fixed in a update in the next few months. I honestly don't use multi window mode. It would be nice on a tablet but I don't see use for it on the phone. If it isn't updated by March or April, then I will probably root it. I actually like the stock ROM. It is as good as stock, but IMO it is the next best thing.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

No matter what happens I have to say that's exactly what you guys get for going with Verizon, I hate to rant but they #&%$%+**;%*-=:%%-;:%$-+;;%*++,&%%&++,((+=><$?)=$,, whew I said it. Would you guys please please please please stop giving them way to much money for way to bad of "service". They're cell service is good but do your homework and check out who really paid to have those towers built.

tea candles are the duct tape of candles
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Quote Originally Posted by A-android-B View Post
    No matter what happens I have to say that's exactly what you guys get for going with Verizon, I hate to rant but they #&%$%+**;%*-=:%%-;:%$-+;;%*++,&%%&++,((+=><$?)=$,, whew I said it. Would you guys please please please please stop giving them way to much money for way to bad of "service". They're cell service is good but do your homework and check out who really paid to have those towers built.

tea candles are the duct tape of candles
    Verizon is the only reliable source in the region I live in, otherwise I would go through T-Mobile.

The real question is not whether Verizon hid it because it's either it was broken or they wanted to charge for it. No.

The real question is: is it broken because Verizon wanted it to be broken?
    I say that they wanted it not to work!

So instead of using an OEM built in firmware that should come with your device out of the box, you have to look to 3rd party alternatives. I'm glad you're ok with this, but I'm not. I bought the phone expecting it to be there as it was a stand-out point on many reviews I saw before picking it up. The fact that Verizon hid it and potentially broke it intentionally really pisses me off. (I said that last part in a Duke Nukem accent)

Either way, unless it get's fixed and added into an OTA, I am going to call bull on Verizon and make a huge fuss. No excuse why they would remove this feature.
    I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by FairmountMedia View Post
    try this:

best call and text blocker out there
    "best" is up for debate, but the screenshots look nice. No reviews, must be brand new.

When it blocks a call, do we have the option of sending people to voicemail, pick up/hang up, etc?

beamed telepathically using The Force.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123