Blocking Mode Removed

AirlinerDudeB6

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
From what I can tell, Verizon has removed the "Blocking Mode" (Do Not Disturb) from their version of the Note 2.

May not be an issue for some, but it is a great feature.

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I hope that isn't the case. I was hoping to use that feature rather than relying on a separate app. heck, even in my DX2 it has an option in the contacts menu to send a caller directly to voicemail.

AirlinerDudeB6

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean. I was hoping to use Blocking Mode until root was obtained so I can use "Root Call Blocker Pro" .

I use that now on my Thunderbolt and it is perfect.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
From what I can tell, Verizon has removed the "Blocking Mode" (Do Not Disturb) from their version of the Note 2.

May not be an issue for some, but it is a great feature.

Why in the world did they do that? Completely pointless to remove such a great feature. Coming from the RAZR Maxx and Smart Actions, I was really looking forward to that.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
F***ing Verizon I am so fed up with them right now.

Instead of taking that 1 month delay time to make the phone better, they used it to **** UP the phone even more. Great.

These bastards will never get another contract signed from me.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Instead of taking that 1 month delay time to make the phone better, they used it to **** UP the phone even more. Great.

I'm beginning to feel the same way. This and the limited apps available for multi-tasking is really taking the wind out of owning this phone-- completely miffed about now!

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm beginning to feel the same way. This and the limited apps available for multi-tasking is really taking the wind out of owning this phone-- completely miffed about now!

Dumb question, but is this something that might be corrected in upcoming Jellybean updates, or is it specifically a Verizon issue?

Thanks...

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm starting to feel the same way. I'm gonna (try to) enjoy this awesome device with VZW's service for now. Hopefully, Google & DirectTV will build the network that they're talking about & we can all move to that with no restrictions!

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to feel the same way. I'm gonna (try to) enjoy this awesome device with VZW's service for now. Hopefully, Google & DirectTV will build the network that they're talking about & we can all move to that with no restrictions!

if we get root then we will be ok

we can go in and undo all this crap that verizon did

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Removing features that are beneficial and to a user essential is plain stupid. 30 days later than other carriers, check, bloatware, check, removed features, check, but hey you are on the nations best network. This just gets better and better. Root can't come soon enough.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I think I know why Verizon removed this feature. I believe it has something to do with their $5 a month feature that does something similar. I only know about it because I got it for my teenaged daughter's phone. It is a real shame that Verizon is so greedy.

coryteague

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys and gals -

I know that a lot of us are bummed about the lack of blocking mode, multi-window apps, and other Verizon removals from our Note 2... so I have started a petition. It is our right to speak out against things so if you don't mind and are bummed by what Verizon did to the device then join me in letting them know.. It might not change anything but it is a way to get our voices heard.

Please sign if you are so obliged:
https://www.change.org/petitions/verizon-wireless-release-update-for-galaxy-note-2-that-adds-back-features-not-included-2#

Unicorn56

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. They have their "Usage Control" add on for $5 per line that does the same thing... can't risk losing that income stream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox