Blocking Mode Removed

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
From what I can tell, Verizon has removed the "Blocking Mode" (Do Not Disturb) from their version of the Note 2.

May not be an issue for some, but it is a great feature.
That sucks. The "Blocking Mode" is one of the reasons I went with the Note 2 over other phones. I would be pissed with Verizon for removing the feature.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ya but I want to schedule it to block only only certain people when I sleep along with all notifications. I believe I need to use to different apps for this. Wish a developer would create this for us.

Locale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The real question is not whether Verizon hid it because it's either it was broken or they wanted to charge for it. No.

The real question is: is it broken because Verizon wanted it to be broken?

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Use Tasker to essentially create your own Blocking mode. Mine activates under the conditions of between certain hours AND if it is plugged in so if I am out later than normal it doesn't silence my calls.

I then have it silence the notifications and lower the call volume. I don't get regular phone calls at night so I do leave ringer on low in case there is an emergency. I think I could make it block calls from everyone except certain people if I wanted, I just haven't tried yet.

And if you haven't used Tasker it is great for a lot of other stuff too.

CBConsultation

Jun 7, 2010
www.cbconsultation.com
I really don't know why so many are upset about it being hidden/buggy. I've been using Blacklist from the Play store for years and it works flawlessly. The dev has a free version as well so no need to spend money unless you want to help support our wonderful developers.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I really don't know why so many are upset about it being hidden/buggy. I've been using Blacklist from the Play store for years and it works flawlessly. The dev has a free version as well so no need to spend money unless you want to help support our wonderful developers.

Because you can't have it on a schedule like the Icrap. I'll check out Blacklist. Thanks for posting

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

So instead of using an OEM built in firmware that should come with your device out of the box, you have to look to 3rd party alternatives. I'm glad you're ok with this, but I'm not. I bought the phone expecting it to be there as it was a stand-out point on many reviews I saw before picking it up. The fact that Verizon hid it and potentially broke it intentionally really pisses me off. (I said that last part in a Duke Nukem accent)

Either way, unless it get's fixed and added into an OTA, I am going to call bull on Verizon and make a huge fuss. No excuse why they would remove this feature.

CBConsultation

Jun 7, 2010
www.cbconsultation.com
You're rightfully entitled to fuss all you like. I'm simply pointing out alternatives at this point. It's a phone for cryin' out loud. When a piece of technology starts upsetting people, maybe it's time to step back and take a look at the big picture.

I paid full retail for my Note 2 ($741 to be exact) and I don't let it or anything else piss me off. It's a material thing. Would I want my two year old son seeing daddy getting pissed over a piece of plastic? What would that say to him? Nothing I'm interested in.

There are way too many important things in life to worry about something so small and insignificant as this. Install a third party call blocker and be done with it. Plus, third party apps are what make Android so awesome. Support the devs.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You're rightfully entitled to fuss all you like. I'm simply pointing out alternatives at this point. It's a phone for cryin' out loud. When a piece of technology starts upsetting people, maybe it's time to step back and take a look at the big picture.

I paid full retail for my Note 2 ($741 to be exact) and I don't let it or anything else piss me off. It's a material thing. Would I want my two year old son seeing daddy getting pissed over a piece of plastic? What would that say to him? Nothing I'm interested in.

There are way too many important things in life to worry about something so small and insignificant as this. Install a third party call blocker and be done with it. Plus, third party apps are what make Android so awesome. Support the devs.

It's the principle of the matter, not the emotional trigger it causes.

Do you get upset when you order food and they get it wrong? You should be. And if you aren't then that's on you. If I order a hamburger with cheese and it doesn't come with cheese, I take it back and demand what I paid for. Obviously blocking mode might not be the equivalent to cheese on a burger to some people, but to others it is. Just saying, why let this one company bend you over and take it without even making a fuss? That passiveness is how they get by and are allowed to take more and more from you, the paying customer.

I do not have children yet, maybe in the next 5-10 years, but if I did have a son I would want him to grow up valuing his hard earned cash and making sure he gets what he pays for.

CBConsultation

Jun 7, 2010
www.cbconsultation.com
I save my aggressiveness for XDA and the forums I belong to over there. If I order something from someplace and they get it wrong, yes; I do bring it to their attention. But not in a manner which denounces my intellect. Anger is the body acting without the benefit of intellect. I save all my anger and rage for things better suited to receive them.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys and gals -

I know that a lot of us are bummed about the lack of blocking mode, multi-window apps, and other Verizon removals from our Note 2... so I have started a petition. It is our right to speak out against things so if you don't mind and are bummed by what Verizon did to the device then join me in letting them know.. It might not change anything but it is a way to get our voices heard.

Please sign if you are so obliged:
https://www.change.org/petitions/ve...ote-2-that-adds-back-features-not-included-2#

Signed!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So are you telling me I am ignorant because I am passionate?

And what do you do then when bringing it to their attention in a calm and civil manner gets you nowhere? Do you accept that you paid for cheese on your burger and the burger Nazi isn't going to supply it to you?

CBConsultation

Jun 7, 2010
www.cbconsultation.com
I never called you anything. Do you feel insulted? Nobody here has called you anything to my knowledge.

My physical stature and tone of voice usually yield me positive results when dealing with those in public that need to have something brought to their attention.

And please don't let my low post count in any way deceive my level of professionalism. I've been on forums since the mid 90's.

TeeX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So are you telling me I am ignorant because I am passionate?

And what do you do then when bringing it to their attention in a calm and civil manner gets you nowhere? Do you accept that you paid for cheese on your burger and the burger Nazi isn't going to supply it to you?

haha Burger Nazi? you gotta be trolling.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I never called you anything. Do you feel insulted? Nobody here has called you anything to my knowledge.

My physical stature and tone of voice usually yield me positive results when dealing with those in public that need to have something brought to their attention.

And please don't let my low post count in any way deceive my level of professionalism. I've been on forums since the mid 90's.

I save my aggressiveness for XDA and the forums I belong to over there. If I order something from someplace and they get it wrong, yes; I do bring it to their attention. But not in a manner which denounces my intellect. Anger is the body acting without the benefit of intellect. I save all my anger and rage for things better suited to receive them.

I take the bolded statement as indication that you believe I act in a way that makes me appear less intelligent. Hence my comment that you are correlating passion with a lack of intelligence.
In which case yes I take offense to you calling me an idiot.

haha Burger Nazi? you gotta be trolling.

Seinfeld reference. No soup for you!

CBConsultation

Jun 7, 2010
www.cbconsultation.com
I take the bolded statement as indication that you believe I act in a way that makes me appear less intelligent. Hence my comment that you are correlating passion with a lack of intelligence.
In which case yes I take offense to you calling me an idiot.

Seinfeld reference. No soup for you!

And in bold I said my. Not 'your'. But of course you'd take offense. That chip on your shoulder seems huge. Once you get over the online persona you'll have a much better time dealing with the awful reality that nobody really cares that much about frivolous things. Blocking mode included.

Have a nice day and quit thinking everyone that doesn't feel the same way about something is out to offend you.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully the things that the Verizon Note 2 are missing will be fixed in a update in the next few months. I honestly don't use multi window mode. It would be nice on a tablet but I don't see use for it on the phone. If it isn't updated by March or April, then I will probably root it. I actually like the stock ROM. It is as good as stock, but IMO it is the next best thing.