Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Blocking Mode Removed

From what I can tell, Verizon has removed the "Blocking Mode" (Do Not Disturb) from their version of the Note 2.

May not be an issue for some, but it is a great feature.

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

Default Re: Blocking Mode Removed

I hope that isn't the case. I was hoping to use that feature rather than relying on a separate app. heck, even in my DX2 it has an option in the contacts menu to send a caller directly to voicemail.
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

I know what you mean. I was hoping to use Blocking Mode until root was obtained so I can use "Root Call Blocker Pro" .

I use that now on my Thunderbolt and it is perfect.

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

looks like I will be relying on my "profile whitelist" addon until we get root.
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!

At this rate I'm surprised Verizon didn't remove the S Pen.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Stock

I am extremely disappointed to see that Verizon did this. This was a feature that I was looking forward to using.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish1842 View Post
    At this rate I'm surprised Verizon didn't remove the S Pen.
    This just absolutely made my day. I'm literally laughing out loud outside of Best Buy waiting to get my crippled note 2

Quote Originally Posted by AirlinerDudeB6 View Post
    From what I can tell, Verizon has removed the "Blocking Mode" (Do Not Disturb) from their version of the Note 2.

May not be an issue for some, but it is a great feature.
    Why in the world did they do that? Completely pointless to remove such a great feature. Coming from the RAZR Maxx and Smart Actions, I was really looking forward to that.

F***ing Verizon I am so fed up with them right now.

Instead of taking that 1 month delay time to make the phone better, they used it to **** UP the phone even more. Great.

These bastards will never get another contract signed from me.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
    superlawyer15 and treedabl like this.

Instead of taking that 1 month delay time to make the phone better, they used it to **** UP the phone even more. Great.

I'm beginning to feel the same way. This and the limited apps available for multi-tasking is really taking the wind out of owning this phone-- completely miffed about now!

Quote Originally Posted by treedabl View Post
    I'm beginning to feel the same way. This and the limited apps available for multi-tasking is really taking the wind out of owning this phone-- completely miffed about now!
    Dumb question, but is this something that might be corrected in upcoming Jellybean updates, or is it specifically a Verizon issue?

Thanks...

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    Dumb question, but is this something that might be corrected in upcoming Jellybean updates, or is it specifically a Verizon issue?

Thanks...
    it seems to be a verizon issue only

the other carriers all had this feature out of the box

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post

I'm starting to feel the same way. I'm gonna (try to) enjoy this awesome device with VZW's service for now. Hopefully, Google & DirectTV will build the network that they're talking about & we can all move to that with no restrictions!

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nlitenme View Post
    I'm starting to feel the same way. I'm gonna (try to) enjoy this awesome device with VZW's service for now. Hopefully, Google & DirectTV will build the network that they're talking about & we can all move to that with no restrictions!
    if we get root then we will be ok

we can go in and undo all this crap that verizon did

Global Posts
    4,975 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Removing features that are beneficial and to a user essential is plain stupid. 30 days later than other carriers, check, bloatware, check, removed features, check, but hey you are on the nations best network. This just gets better and better. Root can't come soon enough.
    Thanked by:
    toll and BRIVERS73 like this.

I think I know why Verizon removed this feature. I believe it has something to do with their $5 a month feature that does something similar. I only know about it because I got it for my teenaged daughter's phone. It is a real shame that Verizon is so greedy.

Hey guys and gals -

I know that a lot of us are bummed about the lack of blocking mode, multi-window apps, and other Verizon removals from our Note 2... so I have started a petition. It is our right to speak out against things so if you don't mind and are bummed by what Verizon did to the device then join me in letting them know.. It might not change anything but it is a way to get our voices heard.

Please sign if you are so obliged:
    https://www.change.org/petitions/ver...ot-included-2#

Global Posts
    4,975 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Great idea. I would post this petition on a few other sites to help drum up support.

I was thinking the same thing. They have their "Usage Control" add on for $5 per line that does the same thing... can't risk losing that income stream.

Guys read this and rejoice. A little snooping with the app in the article and you got it. Just hidden, not left out. Hopefully for us GS3 users it will be the same thing. Cheers!

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/12/02...galaxy-note-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Haso17 View Post
    Guys read this and rejoice. A little snooping with the app in the article and you got it. Just hidden, not left out. Hopefully for us GS3 users it will be the same thing. Cheers!

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/12/02...galaxy-note-2/
    It's hidden because it's broken. While you can access the blocking mode menus, turning it on doesn't actually do anything. You can click through the article to the source at xda to read more about it.
    Thanked by:

From what I've gathered through XDA is that it's sort of buggy, working here or there. One person even stated that it worked on their GS3 (not sure if they were rooted on VZ or not). Could've been the fact that it was direct competition for their paid service like stated earlier or maybe they were having trouble with it on VZW's network specifically. I'd assume the latter concept probably doesn't make sense, seeing as its only a recognition of a number, but then again the original finder had it working with skype and google numbers so who knows. Maybe a fix will come through Kies or maybe Verizon will just let everyone suffer like usual. Kinda was looking forward to this for when I got JB :/

Global Posts
    4,975 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Verizon is like Apple, anything that competes with their products is not allowed.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

verizon is so pathetic! you know it has to do with competing with their paid service
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ROM
    Stock ICS 4.0.4

Are you guys talking about the feature to block incoming calls of people on your contact list? There is a setting to add a contact to the "reject list". Open a contact to view and then hit menu.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast