Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Now "Six Days" of ownership. Very impressive. Ongoing comments.

I picked mine up at about 10:00 on Thursday morning (the first day it became available) and have been setting it up. It's about twice as fast as my Galaxy Nexus. The screen is pretty amazing and the size just feels natural, doesn't seem that big. Now my Galaxy Nexus seems diminutive in comparison.

The Bluetooth sound quality is only slightly better than my Gnex. Go figure!!! But overall loving it so far.

Also the Google search bar is now removable and also can be configured with both clear and opaque background

Pls scroll down for new comments.
    Last edited by SHIVA77; 12-04-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy Note II - VZW

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Two Hours of ownership. Very impressed so far. Except!

Got mine like 9:30 and I haven't put it down yet

Default Two Hours of ownership. Very impressed so far. Except!

Pretty awesome stuff, my note 2 is arriving tomorrow. I can't wait!

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Except no blocking mode and continuous scrolling through home screens. I can only imagine what else you will all find. So far no buy for me yet.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Except no blocking mode and continuous scrolling through home screens. I can only imagine what else you will all find. So far no buy for me yet.
    they have also removed some of the apps that were working with the multi-view window

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    they have also removed some of the apps that were working with the multi-view window
    Glad I waited. So P****** at Verizon.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

two questions:

1) How do you change the apps that show up in the locked window?

2) When I connect the device to my computer it doesn't show it connected. This is weird because as soon as I connected my GNex it popped up on my desktop. Any ideas? Thanks,
    Spoken Word™

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    I picked mine up at about 10:00 this morning and have been setting it up. It's about twice as fast as my Galaxy Nexus. The screen is pretty amazing and the size just feels natural, doesn't seem that big. Now my Galaxy Nexus seems diminutive in comparison.

The Bluetooth sound quality is only slightly better than my Gnex. Go figure!!! But overall loving it so far.

Also the Google search bar is now removable and also can be configured with both clear and opaque background
    You nailed it when you said it just feels natural. I got mine at about 9 and I also haven't put it down. And just like you, my G'Nex seems damn puny now.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Shiny

Do you get 4 rows of icons and the search bar like the Nexus? or does the search bar take up a row on the Note? I assume it isn't persistent on each screen?
    Spoken Word™

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

two questions:

1) How do you change the apps that show up in the locked window?

2) When I connect the device to my computer it doesn't show it connected. This is weird because as soon as I connected my GNex it popped up on my desktop. Any ideas? Thanks,
    Settings>Lock screen>Lock screen options>Shortcuts
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Why is that a big deal? Click on one of the dots on the main homescreen. Pinch out and you have them all tiled. I don't know why this is even an issue with some people.....
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Guys, This phone is amazing. Makes my Gnex look undesirable.
    jcochran1977 likes this.

Is there a way to change the bottom homescreen icons? I am struggling to find that setting....
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

doesn't bother me! I don't even notice it.
    Last edited by SHIVA77; 11-29-2012 at 08:05 PM.

ROM
    CM7

this phone is titties

Quote Originally Posted by infmethod View Post
    Is there a way to change the bottom homescreen icons? I am struggling to find that setting....
    Just drag and drop the ones you want to be on the stationary bottom row.....

Quote Originally Posted by infmethod View Post
    sorry that didn't seem helpful.....place the icons you want on the bottom on the homepage, you can have 4, and then as you drag them towards the bottom row the one that is there swaps out for the one you are dragging and dropping into place.....
    mrxblue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    sorry that didn't seem helpful.....place the icons you want on the bottom on the homepage, you can have 4, and then as you drag them towards the bottom row the one that is there swaps out for the one you are dragging and dropping into place.....
    I knew that. Apparently they d8rnt want to move the first time I tried.... very strange and thought it wss weird they werent moving!

The amount of trash pre installed is mind blowing. Anyway to get rid of it without rooting?

Transmitted from my Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by MKita View Post
    The amount of trash pre installed is mind blowing. Anyway to get rid of it without rooting?

Transmitted from my Galaxy Note II
    I don't think so...,you can disable them in the settings....applications....all

It is crazy...How do you make the home screens go to landscape when rotated. I have auto rotate enabled and when I am in an app like the browser it rotates but not the home screens. I come from the Droid X and this is a learning curve.

Never been so satisfied with a phone, or any device really. This thing blew past my expectations! I have literally not put it down at all since come home from work and it's still at 40% somehow despite only charging it for about 15 minutes to test the charger when I came home, and it only had about 54-ish% out of the box when I picked it up around noon!!

Been playing with mine most of the night since coming home from work. Almost over boiled the pasta for dinner, as a result of focusing on the phone too much. I've become very comfortable with the size quickly, and it's funny how small my old Droid Inc seems next to the Note 2. I've done only some basic setup for adding apps, and things I'll need at work tomorrow. Still have much to learn about all the features, but I'm very pleased with it so far.

Only hiccup I've had was a brief lag swiping between pictures in camera mode. Don't know why it did that, but it did sort of freeze briefly between a couple of pictures. Otherwise, this thing is such a huge upgrade for me.
    collett likes this.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

This phone is too awesome! I was kind of worried about not having a physical keyboard, but the on screen keyboard both landscape and portrait works so well. I can type as fast as a physical keyboard. Plus the spen is just too sweet.

My only one problem is my sweaty hands + the note 2's smooth finish = bad lol. The back of the phone is so slippery. Hopefully applying a full body screen protector will help.

I love this phone, everything about it is great.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast