Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Literally One Day (11/30) Until Upgrade Date, Should I Try???

So I can walk into a store tomorrow and pick up my GN2, but I don't want to risk not getting it! I guarantee I could order it through calling Verizon TODAY, and I know they'll give me a ONE DAY early upgrade, but I probably wouldn't get the phone shipped until next Monday. I called my local VZW store, and the rep said they only have a few left. Do you think there is ANY WAY the store could grant me ONE DAY early upgrade? Do you think I should order over the phone, or try the VZW store tomorrow morning (and risk them being sold out)???

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Default Re: Literally One Day (11/30) Until Upgrade Date, Should I Try???

I think they will do it for sure I've always got mine Within the last 30 days of my upgrade if they don't do it there just being asses!
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Call them back and ask. Can't hurt.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Vzn allows upgrades within a seven day window of your eligible date. So with an 11/30 date, you could upgrade as soon as the 23rd.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Is the 7 day window in store only? I'm eligible on 12/6 so I would just fall within that window.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I called one of the local VZW stores and they said there is literally nothing they can do. I called another in the area, and the lady claimed her nor her manager could do anything to move up my date one day, but that she would transfer me to VZW customer care and I should explain my circumstance. The VZW rep is now transferring me to "loyalty" to see if they can move the date up so I can walk into a store today and get it. Weird though, as I've always heard how VZW stores and the VZW line/website are completely different. They better give me one day considering I've been a customer for over 15 years.

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Yah it sucks all they care about is new customers forget about all the loyal ones that have been around for years!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjt356 View Post
    Is the 7 day window in store only? I'm eligible on 12/6 so I would just fall within that window.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    I'm an employee of a Vzn retailer. We're not a corporate store, but use their systems when doing contracts. You are deemed eligible within 7 days of your actual date.

went into a verizon store today to get the note and i am 13 days away. its the managers/store discretion. they have limited in stock and only want "NEW" customers to have the device. if your upgrade is today lets say, yes they have to sell it, but to do an early upgrade i think it would be the store (if have available in stock) and manager.

in a few min i am going to call around and ask if they will let me early upgrade. will post later. if i dont post i am playing with my new toy

here is a new one
    1st store
    "we dont allow early upgrades on 4G devices" !!!! LMAO

2nd store
    "the store is unable to upgrade 4G and iphone at all"

3rd store called "let me go check my inventory" she came back and said the a store can not allow an early upgrade unless the account says it available.

calling customer service now

they are even saying no to an early upgrade with out a supervisors approval. i told him i just did one about 2 months ago and it took 2 min to get it approved. this guy told me it would take 2-3 days to get an approval.

it does kill me to hear many different answers.

the NOTE 2 is NOT eligible for an earlty upgrade at all. the "loyalty" dept said so. its a contract with samsung and iphone that is not allowing to early.
    Last edited by bulldogmoe7; 12-01-2012 at 02:04 PM.

so yes this proves the theory that verizon ONLY will kiss "new" customers asses to lure them in to their product and basically S*** on the existing customer, who have spends hundreds if not thousands of dollars monthly/yearly.

Quote Originally Posted by ph37rd View Post
    I'm an employee of a Vzn retailer. We're not a corporate store, but use their systems when doing contracts. You are deemed eligible within 7 days of your actual date.
    Thanks for the advice. Went to best buy today and they upgraded me with no problem. 5 days early.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Stores in AZ are not allowed to early upgrades. Only customer care can early upgrade

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1