1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touchwiz Calendar Widget

Maybe I am just missing it, but the Touchwiz Calendar Widget that was on the S3 is now gone on the Note 2?

Anyone else not have it or by any chance have it? Maybe I am missing it...

Default Re: Touchwiz Calendar Widget

EXACTLY what I came on to post. I only had the S3 for 3 days but LOVED the widget. I may have to play on the store to find a like widget. Bummer!

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

You mean this one? (screenshot from my new Note2)

Ni Jimmy that isnt it. Open the calendar app on your note 2 and that layout was a widget that the OP and I want back.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    Ni Jimmy that isnt it. Open the calendar app on your note 2 and that layout was a widget that the OP and I want back.
    Correct, it was the same layout as opening the calendar app, but in widget form.

I want it back damn it.

that was one of the app i was looking forward to. Is there an app out there that could do the samething

I'm a 4 day android user so I am wondering why if its the same touchwiz thing, why its gone? Jellybean maybe killed it? I am looking through play store and no luck yet.

acalendar+ has the month view widget and based off the pics it looks awesome. I downloaded the free one to see and it only has a max of 7 days on the widget.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

I used to use this one:

Until I got the Galaxy S3, then I preferred the TouchWiz calendar widget.

The Pure Calendar widget has a month view option much like the TouchWiz one (although it's not shown in the sample views in the market). It's quite good, but there are usually some minor glitches with complex widgets that aren't customized to work on one exact phone. It has pretty amazing customization options for size, transparency, colors etc.

I'm pretty upset about the TouchWiz calendar widget being gone. I won't have my Note II until late afternoon, I was really looking forward to using that widget on an even larger screen.

Bob

Bob, someone on phandroid forums says its called S planner but I certainly dont see that as an app or widget.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

If you're replying to my post, it's an a widget app you have to download from the market.

On your phone, go to market and do a search for "pure calendar".

If the Samsung one is indeed not going to be available, this is definitely the best alternative I have seen. It shows all accounts (such as gmail + pop3 + exchange) and has enormous customization options. It will take a while to get it set up and looking the way you like, but its certainly one of the best widgets I've found.

Bob

I like aCalendar+. The app itself and the widgets for it. I have also used Jorte and it and its widgets are not too bad. Business Calendar is also very good. Pure Grid Calendar widget is very good also. I would have to say right now aCalendar+ is my favorite right now.