bluetooth car pairing problem

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
2010 VW GTI. Has always paired no problem with all other previous phones. Doesn't discover the N2 for some reason though. Would bluetooth 4 have anything to do with that? I can't think so - should be backwards compatible with whatever the car has. Then again, we are talking about VW und technik Deutsche which can suck based on personal previous experience with anything built in Wolfsburg :-\ I won't bore you with the radio that locked itself out randomly or alarm systems that armed themselves and then went off while driving down the interstate........

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Well FWIW I sell Acuras and I had a client who couldn't get their car to import their contacts from a GS3. Our cars don't usually have that problem. Idk if they're related issues though.

Sent from my DROIDX (sold my GNex to buy the Galaxy Note II)

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
My Camry works fine but forget using blue tooth if you connect using blue tooth if you connect via a audio cable for media.

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Tried mine and it worked great. Bad BT radio maybe?

No, it pairs and works with an old Motorola BT headset perfectly so not that. Thanks, I will actually try the dealer next week, gotta take car in anyway for service. See if they can have any better luck than me.

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No, it pairs and works with an old Motorola BT headset perfectly so not that. Thanks, I will actually try the dealer next week, gotta take car in anyway for service. See if they can have any better luck than me.

Could be a firmware update for the car's BT? Good luck at the dealership, hopefully they can figure it out for you!

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Operator error (i.e. big DUH on my part :eek: ). Fire up bluetooth, then make sure you CHECK the box that says something like "you want your device to be visible to everything in the universe" - aka discoverable, then click scan. If you don't check the box, the very fine print (thanks Google) notifies you that "this device will only be visible to other paired devices". It's early in the morning, I'm working on my first cup of coffee - guess I'm entitled to the occasional brain fart huh? :p

Marc Meyers

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I had same problem initially with Acura BT (brand new) and the Note. Finally it paired, but now it drops and reconnects every 30 seconds. Very annoying especially when trying to actually have a phone conversation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21