Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HDMI outlet?

Does the Note 2 have an HDMI outlet? If so, where is it? Does it require a special Samsung cord?

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

Default Re: HDMI outlet?

If they included the HDMI out, it would come from the usb port and use an adapter.

Either that or with one of the docks they are going to start selling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

You need something called an HML adapter, this will allow you to hook up an HDMI cable. But make sure it is specifically for the Note 2. The GS3 one will not work as they are different internal pin layouts
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB 0.6.2

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    You need something called an HML adapter, this will allow you to hook up an HDMI cable. But make sure it is specifically for the Note 2. The GS3 one will not work as they are different internal pin layouts
    Well isn't that just annoying..
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by cpuangel View Post
    Well isn't that just annoying..
    I agree, this is so annoying! Yet another cord to buy! I just got through recently buying a few HDMI cords for my old Droid Razr Maxx. Even if I want to buy an HDMI cord for my Note 2, none of the local retailers carry these items. Double annoying! Haha!
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

The GS3 cord doesn't work? That's a surprise. I was under the impression that both the GS3 and GSN2 were using the 11-pin layout, while every other phone in existence that supports MHL is using the 5-pin layout.

Is there a difference between the two 11-pin ports?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Tari View Post
    The GS3 cord doesn't work? That's a surprise. I was under the impression that both the GS3 and GSN2 were using the 11-pin layout, while every other phone in existence that supports MHL is using the 5-pin layout.

Is there a difference between the two 11-pin ports?
    Its possible im wrong and misheard. I'll check again when I get a chance or perhaps someone else knows for a fact.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I read that people were experiencing some strange problems with the S3 MHL adapter. You really do need to use all the intended components for it to fully function. Ie - must use GN2 charging cable, MHL adapter and wall charger for it to work right.

As for the HDMI cable itself, doesn't matter. HDMI is HDMI. Samsung won't be changing that to boost accessory sales anytime soon.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S3 S III / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II MHL HDTV Universal Adapter - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Seeing as how Samsung's official adapter is listed for both phones, I'm hoping the S3 cable works fine on the N2. I'll test it out when I get my phone, as I still have my S3 cable here.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S3 S III / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II MHL HDTV Universal Adapter - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Seeing as how Samsung's official adapter is listed for both phones, I'm hoping the S3 cable works fine on the N2. I'll test it out when I get my phone, as I still have my S3 cable here.
    That would be great, also try the Screen Standby app please

That would be great, also try the Screen Standby app please
    Not sure if you've had a chance to test these yourself yet, but I finally got my GN2 last night.

The GS3 MHL adapter works fine. Screen Standby app also works great. My old USB OTG cables also work, though I can't remember what brand or make they are.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    I agree, this is so annoying! Yet another cord to buy! I just got through recently buying a few HDMI cords for my old Droid Razr Maxx. Even if I want to buy an HDMI cord for my Note 2, none of the local retailers carry these items. Double annoying! Haha!
    register your note 2 on samgsungs website and they email you a 50% off code.......

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Not sure if you've had a chance to test these yourself yet, but I finally got my GN2 last night.

The GS3 MHL adapter works fine. Screen Standby app also works great. My old USB OTG cables also work, though I can't remember what brand or make they are.
    Ok wonderful thanks so much for testing it out and letting us know

Ok wonderful thanks so much for testing it out and letting us know
    Yup, no problem. Unless I missed something, the screen standby app makes it a bit hard to navigate the phone, as the screen just turns off immediately, but it turns the screen back on as soon as the MHL adapater is unplugged, so it's not too bad.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Yup, no problem. Unless I missed something, the screen standby app makes it a bit hard to navigate the phone, as the screen just turns off immediately, but it turns the screen back on as soon as the MHL adapater is unplugged, so it's not too bad.
    i have never used it , it was recommended to me after stating my concern about the screen being on while veiwing a movie on a tv. when i had my Droid Charge i didnt like that about it when using the HDMI output it had
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Sorry, just a clarification please. So the HDMI cord for the Samsung Galaxy S3 works perfectly fine for the Note 2 ?

Thanks, Casey
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

Is this the dock that has usb as well? I coulsnt see them in the photos.
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

i have never used it , it was recommended to me after stating my concern about the screen being on while veiwing a movie on a tv. when i had my Droid Charge i didnt like that about it when using the HDMI output it had
    Yeah, I didn't really like that the screen stayed on while watching videos, either, so this app is a pretty good solution. Requires root, according to the app name, but as I'd already rooted, I can't confirm if you actually need root.

Sorry, just a clarification please. So the HDMI cord for the Samsung Galaxy S3 works perfectly fine for the Note 2 ?

Thanks, Casey
    Yeah, the 11-pin MHL adapater for the GS3 works fine with the GN2. I bought the cable back before the GN2 was released.
    Thanked by:
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    Spoken Word

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Does the Note 2 have an HDMI outlet? If so, where is it? Does it require a special Samsung cord?
    On the Note II and GS3 Samsung went from a 5 pin to 11 pin setup. If you already have an adapter from a previous device, there's a $9 adapter to convert to the 11 pin setup; Amazon.com: Original Samsung HDTV Adapter TIP (5 to 11 Pin Converter) EPL-FU10BEBSTD for Galaxy S3 (9300): Cell Phones & Accessories
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    I read that people were experiencing some strange problems with the S3 MHL adapter. You really do need to use all the intended components for it to fully function. Ie - must use GN2 charging cable, MHL adapter and wall charger for it to work right.

As for the HDMI cable itself, doesn't matter. HDMI is HDMI. Samsung won't be changing that to boost accessory sales anytime soon.
    Im having trouble using my Samsung hdmi/mhl adapter with my note. It worked fine with my gs3 then I got the note 2 and now the picture is fine but the sound is garbled and unintelligible. I turned the first phone in and it does the same thing with the second one as well. Can't seem to find anyone else having the same issue. anyone have any ideas?

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

What I read is there is a specific cable adapter for the Note 2 on Amazon reviews.

Bought this last week. Plug into tv\to phone\and to phone charger and works great.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HDMI outlet?-uploadfromtaptalk1358898033699.jpg  
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Never seen that one before. From Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Never seen that one before. From Amazon?
    Yeah, only and 14 dollars. Works great. Picture quality is also great. As soon as I plugged in my phone was on my screen. Netflix and movies from media hub look very nice.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Do you have a link or a name for this cable?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast