Hmm. Don't know what the issue is. Switched to CDMA auto (prl) earlier, and now it won't stick with LTE/CDMA/EvDo..

Either that or LTE is just down or something... Or I no longer get LTE signals in this room of my house now, which was fine before.
    11-29-2012 06:33 PM
    I have yet to have 4G/LTE on this phone. Anyone know why this is? Top right it shows me 3G the whole time despite what I choose....
    11-29-2012 07:01 PM
    When I first got the phone from the store it was stuck on 3g. Tried changing those settings but no go. But after I rebooted I was able to get lte back. Have you tried to reboot?

A side note, I notice my note 2 is not picking up lte signal as good as my jetpack. My jetpack shows lte in most areas of my house, but my note 2 is mostly stuck on 3g. Any clue whats up or just that it has a weaker antenna?
    MKita likes this.
    11-29-2012 07:04 PM
    When I first got the phone from the store it was stuck on 3g. Tried changing those settings but no go. But after I rebooted I was able to get lte back. Have you tried to reboot?

A side note, I notice my note 2 is not picking up lte signal as good as my jetpack. My jetpack shows lte in most areas of my house, but my note 2 is mostly stuck on 3g. Any clue whats up or just that it has a weaker antenna?
    lol Can't believe I didn't attempt that..fixed thank you.
    11-29-2012 07:06 PM
    I rebooted it once and no luck. Perfect 3G reception, but I've yet to get LTE back since messing with the phone info settings. It worked fine in store, and I have had good lte reception in most of my house before.
    11-29-2012 07:18 PM
    Fixed!

For some reason, the system got set so that CDMA auto was the preferred setting. Had to go into System Settings --> More Settings --> Mobile Networks --> Network Mode and set the preferred network to CDMA/LTE/EVDO.
    11-29-2012 08:06 PM
    toggle airplane mode on off?

My friend bought an N2 today right after i did, he called me and said "you dont have data while on the phone" I said, uhhh I do. Apparently when they were setting up his phone(activating it) some settings got messed up. He finally got it straightened out.
    11-29-2012 08:09 PM
    Fixed!

For some reason, the system got set so that CDMA auto was the preferred setting. Had to go into System Settings --> More Settings --> Mobile Networks --> Network Mode and set the preferred network to CDMA/LTE/EVDO.
    I have mine set at 'global'

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    11-29-2012 08:33 PM
    I did too when I got it. I don't think it makes a difference between that and lte/cdma/EvDo.
    11-29-2012 09:37 PM